Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Aphantasia

Endless

"Aphantasia : the inability to form mental images of real or imaginary people, places, or things."
[source: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/aphantasia]

"Aphantasia : a condition in which someone is unable to form pictures in their imagination:
- People with aphantasia do not create pictures in their mind’s eye, for example when they are remembering the past or imagining the future.
- It is estimated that two to three percent of people have aphantasia
"
[source: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/aphantasia]

"the inability to form mental images of objects that are not present: if counting sheep is an abstract concept, or you are unable to visualize the faces of loved ones, you could have aphantasia."
[source: Oxford Dictionary of English (couldn’t get a link, it’s what comes up when I use the definition option on selected text on my phone)]

Aphantasia seems to be linked to weaker connectivity between the posterior visual network and prefrontal regions as well as autobiographical memory deficits.
[see: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8186241/]

"Many people with aphantasia seem to have been born with the condition, but some case studies suggest that it can be acquired following an injury or an event such as a stroke that causes damage to part of the brain."
[source: https://unitedbrainassociation.org/brain-resources/aphantasia/]

I know I’ve seen people here say you can cure it but how many of you actually know personally someone who’s managed to get past it as in not just someone who had some difficulties visualizing (could still conjure up colour, a shape, or simple object) but someone who was incapable/considered 100% aphantasic before starting?

So does anyone here have this and if so how do you work around it or with it?

What’s everyone’s thoughts on it?

See here, Aphantasia/can’t visualize

Re: Visualization
NakedPluto said:
Reading books is number one. Flame meditation is the greatest meditation to visualize or have visions (I think Cobra put it under elemental divination but can be done without any element infusion for beginners). Pointed meditation, same as the above. Color meditation also helps a lot. If you have time, even drawing.

You need to achieve stability, then sharpness of mind and focus, then accordingly increase of visual faculty and imagination. The above help that.

NakedPluto said:
Reading books is number one. Flame meditation is the greatest meditation to visualize or have visions (I think Cobra put it under elemental divination but can be done without any element infusion for beginners). Pointed meditation, same as the above. Color meditation also helps a lot. If you have time, even drawing.

You need to achieve stability, then sharpness of mind and focus, then accordingly increase of visual faculty and imagination. The above help that.

HP* HoodedCobra * Apologies.

Also thank you Korpi for assisting me and others with your work.

I would add also Alternate Nostril breathing meditation and not necessarily forcing anything of visual nature if there's a "wall" there. This will come in time and be sure that advancement will create certain experiences and spiritual mechanisms within that can unlock and develop easily any visual ability.

You can focus on intent and other senses and develop them and seek in an observant quality - curiosity, the development of your visual abilities.

Your intent is above this need and it won't stop you from advancing and producing magical results.

That's awful. I can't ever imagine not being able to form mental images. I have very heavy Neptunian influences in my chart so I had the opposite issue of living in my head for a long time. I guess adding Neptunian energies to your soul with a runic working could help?

I don't believe this is a real thing. These are people who are weak in a specific spiritual skill, because they likely have not practiced much for some lifetimes. Just like how most people are weak in multiple spiritual skills from the same kind of neglect.

And like all other weak spiritual skills in all other people, it is something that is improved and healed with practice. Larger amounts of damage will need larger amounts of practice to build it back. But all people succeed who do the work.

Powerofjustice said:
That's awful. I can't ever imagine not being able to form mental images. I have very heavy Neptunian influences in my chart so I had the opposite issue of living in my head for a long time. I guess adding Neptunian energies to your soul with a runic working could help?

I’ve lived in my head and imagination most my childhood/life as well. I don’t personally have full aphantasia, just wanted to get people’s opinion on the topic. I have very weak visualization skills rn but I have gotten vision-like experiences before so I know I do have the ability and just need to work on it. It’ll come with time but I’ll get there. Mostly it’s just colours, stars, and swirls in my mind so I’m happy I have smth to work up from.

Ol argedco luciftias said:
I don't believe this is a real thing. These are people who are weak in a specific spiritual skill, because they likely have not practiced much for some lifetimes. Just like how most people are weak in multiple spiritual skills from the same kind of neglect.

And like all other weak spiritual skills in all other people, it is something that is improved and healed with practice. Larger amounts of damage will need larger amounts of practice to build it back. But all people succeed who do the work.

I mean it is real, it’s just a question of whether it can be healed or not and people’s opinions on that specifically will vary. I do agree that it’s most likely due to neglecting it in previous lifetimes or maybe they had a brain injury in their past life.

I personally think that if someone with it works on it a lot that whether it does or doesn’t improve in this lifetime they’ll at least have a better chance with it or even have the ability much stronger in their next lifetime. But that’s just my theory. Thanks for the reply

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back