Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Norse mythology part 7 - Odin and Thor

MiniMe3388

One day, tired Thor was returning from a trip to the east, where he had defeated giants. He wanted to reach Asgard as quickly as possible, so he was quite upset when it turned out that the wide Øresund - a strait of the sea - blocked his way. He saw, however, that a ferry was moored not far from the shore. So he called to a ferryman named Harbard to come over and help him. This ferryman turned out to be Odin, although he did not reveal his own name to his son. Odin refused Thor's carriage. The impetuous God of lightning began listing his own heroic deeds to force Harbard into submission. However, Odin also mentioned his recent advantages, mainly love ones, claiming that they are no less than Thor's achievements, so Thor has no right to order him. The exchange between father and son ended in insults. In the end, enraged Thor had to leave and look for another way to cross. And what were the deeds mentioned by the Gods?
Odin stood on the ferry and boasted: How he came to the island of Algrón, where he and the giant Fjölvar fought side by side and killed many enemies. After that, they managed to seduce seven witch sisters who wield the magic of the element of earth. How he tricked the giant Hlebard into giving him his own magic wand. Odin with this wand took away Thurs mind. How on the island of Samsø he managed to master the non-runic spells attributed to women, and then, using them, he flew on a broomstick like a witch.
Thor stood on the shore and boasted: How he killed some giantesses in the mountains. How, while guarding the river on the border of Midgard and Utgard, he was attacked by the sons of the giant Svárang. They threw boulders at him, but he managed to defeat them and make him ask for peace. How he and his squire, Thjalfi, came to the Isle of Hlesey. They were attacked by female berserkers, fighting with iron clubs. They destroyed their ship and frightened Thjalfi so much that the poor fellow ran away. However, Thor managed to kill them, for which the local people, oppressed by these women-wolves, thanked him. How he once returned from Asgard and found that the Gods had promised the hand of his daughter, Thrud, to the dwarf Alvíss and the All-Knowing in exchange for the making of great armor. Thor had to agree to this arrangement, but as a father he could make one condition - he demanded that Alvíss answer a series of questions concerning all the languages spoken in the nine lands of Alda. The questioning went on all night, until dawn found the dwarf in Asgard, and the sunlight turned him to stone, as it had the famous dwarf Dvalinn centuries ago. That's how Thor outsmarted the wisest of the dwarves. How he rescued from the ice of Jotunheim his half-dead friend, the giant Aurvandill, a famous traveler and sailor. He carried him to warmer lands, but one of Aurvandill's fingers fell off, frostbitten. Then Thor, wanting to comfort his friend, threw his finger into the sky, creating the stars of the Orion constellation. Years later, Gróa, Aurvandill's wife, repaid Thor for saving her husband by extracting several shards of the giant Hrungnir's stone ax from his skull. How he slew the giant Geirröd. Thurs kidnapped Loki, and in exchange for his release, demanded the arrival of an unarmed Thor. Thor left Mjölnir in Asgard, but went to Geirröd gifted by the giantess Grid, mother of his half-brother Vidar. With these gifts - Megingjord's Belt of Strength, the iron Gauntlets of Power, and a sorcerous staff - he slew Geirröd and his valiant daughters, freeing Loki.
Despite these boastings, Odin did not carry Thor across Øresund.

Source: Szrejter Artur - Mitologia germańska

YONE666 said:
MiniMe3388 said:
Source: Szrejter Artur - Mitologia germańska

Can I start a Greek mythology series, inspired by you? Is there a source you can recommend me?

You don't have to ask my permission if you want to start such a series :)
Go to the Wikipedia page about Greek mythology and look at the sources that are listed there:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_mythology#References

There are a bunch of articles and books listed there that you could use.

YONE666 said:
Do you think it would be popular?
If you make posts in an interesting way then sure :D

YONE666 said:
MiniMe3388 said:
YONE666 said:
Can I start a Greek mythology series, inspired by you? Is there a source you can recommend me?

You don't have to ask my permission if you want to start such a series :)
Go to the Wikipedia page about Greek mythology and look at the sources that are listed there:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_mythology#References

There are a bunch of articles and books listed there that you could use.

YONE666 said:
Do you think it would be popular?
If you make posts in an interesting way then sure :D

Thank you bro. <3

Other Satanists who email me address me as "Sir" or "brother". I guess I have to write in my signature that I am a woman :lol:

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back