Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

I wish to study Tai Chi and QiGong

ramses13th

As there is the saying "There are multiple paths to immortality", yoga doesn't fit my "style".
I wish to ask for anyone who is knowledgeable in these two subjects to share a few resources that really helped them on this path, I prefer books and text material.
Youtube videos won't help me since I can find countless by myself and by the end of the day they won't teach you anything more than a routine.

Yoga is still a must. You will not get the same from qiqong or tai chi as they don't open the body as hatha yoga.

ramses13th said:
As there is the saying "There are multiple paths to immortality", yoga doesn't fit my "style".
I wish to ask for anyone who is knowledgeable in these two subjects to share a few resources that really helped them on this path, I prefer books and text material.
Youtube videos won't help me since I can find countless by myself and by the end of the day they won't teach you anything more than a routine.

Wise choice, the ultimate martial art.

https://dokumen.pub/qdownload/the-complete-book-of-tai-chi-chuan-a-comprehensive-guide-to-the-principles-and-practice-revised-edition-kindle-edition-w-8826698.html

Be consistent and patient to have results, may take time. I wish you success on this path.

Aquarius said:
Yoga is still a must. You will not get the same from qiqong or tai chi as they don't open the body as hatha yoga.

I have to contradict you, as the current qigong is influenced by India since Buddhism came in, it is still an advancement practice equal to yoga, atleast to yoga hatha and vinyasa, yoga kundalini can't be replaced.

Shemsu said:
ramses13th said:

Wise choice, the ultimate martial art.

https://dokumen.pub/qdownload/the-complete-book-of-tai-chi-chuan-a-comprehensive-guide-to-the-principles-and-practice-revised-edition-kindle-edition-w-8826698.html

Be consistent and patient to have results, may take time. I wish you success on this path.

Thank you!

ramses13th said:
Aquarius said:

I have to contradict you, as the current qigong is influenced by India since Buddhism came in, it is still an advancement practice equal to yoga, atleast to yoga hatha and vinyasa, yoga kundalini can't be replaced.
You can contradict me all you want, but try and touch your toes by doing some qiqong- you can't, there is no single pose in qiqong or tai chi which stretches your spine backward, no pose that stretches your hamstrings, no pose that literally opens your ligaments.

Aquarius said:
ramses13th said:
Aquarius said:

You can contradict me all you want, but try and touch your toes by doing some qiqong- you can't, there is no single pose in qiqong or tai chi which stretches your spine backward, no pose that stretches your hamstrings, no pose that literally opens your ligaments.

I wouldn't be so sure, let me give an example, Baduanjin sequence, look it up, one of the countless sequences. Don't assume things without researching.

Aquarius said:
ramses13th said:
Aquarius said:

Regarding the sequence i've mentioned, you might say it's yoga, but in essence my brother, everything is yoga in different forms. QiGong is just a heavily chinese influenced one for example, hence I mentioned India's influenced in 200BC.
We have various practices, all that matters is how you practice them.

Aquarius said:
ramses13th said:
Aquarius said:

Another thing i wish to say is that I believe there must be more spiritual practices around the world, as of this moment it's just a matter of who kept it alive better, as India has a strong faith in spiritual practice and so does China, explains how they survived.

Aquarius said:
ramses13th said:
Aquarius said:

A last thing since I forgot to write it, I believe it's wrong assuming there is only one fruit, when the Universe is infinite. Fruits are in multiple forms and even share properties sometimes.

ramses13th said:
Aquarius said:
ramses13th said:

A last thing since I forgot to write it, I believe it's wrong assuming there is only one fruit, when the Universe is infinite. Fruits are in multiple forms and even share properties sometimes.

You'd benefit from just doing hatha yoga along with a qi gong routine.

It's not wrong to view that there is multiple ways to get to godhead.

But excluding Yogic practice is basically selling yourself short. Yoga opens the body in ways qi gong and tai chi cannot.

Find the middle ground and just do both, as Aquarius is just trying to point you in the right direction.

serpentwalker666 said:
ramses13th said:
Aquarius said:

You'd benefit from just doing hatha yoga along with a qi gong routine.

It's not wrong to view that there is multiple ways to get to godhead.

But excluding Yogic practice is basically selling yourself short. Yoga opens the body in ways qi gong and tai chi cannot.

Find the middle ground and just do both, as Aquarius is just trying to point you in the right direction.

I thank both of you, my lack of words did give the wrong impression though, truly I never intended to exclude yoga practices from my routine, especially the essential ones. I wrote a bit more due to hearing this "but try and touch your toes by doing some qiqong-" which I knew was a false and unstudied answer proved wrong by my current knowledge. Truly I just wish to take a more serious approach with chinese cultivation techniques, and even though I am not clueless regarding them, I still wish to know more insights from practitioners, so if there is anyone else who uses these practices, please do write on this topic :)

It's a fact that you can keep denying that nothing beats yoga and you can see this for yourself by just trying it out for 1-2 months and see for yourself. Everything else is only a compliment to yoga that one can do but it will never be the same or close. I speak from experience from doing qi gong for years instead of yoga and now I just stick to yoga although if I wanted more energy I would add the other practices but I would never replace it.

hailourtruegod said:

It's a fact that you can keep denying that nothing beats yoga and you can see this for yourself by just trying it out for 1-2 months and see for yourself. Everything else is only a compliment to yoga that one can do but it will never be the same or close. I speak from experience from doing qi gong for years instead of yoga and now I just stick to yoga although if I wanted more energy I would add the other practices but I would never replace it.

Quite true. I can also confirm this from experience. A routine of yoga, tai chi (preferably chen) and chi gong is a practice that combined with meditation pretty much covers all you will need. Some elements of falun gong are worth looking into but the system as a whole is flawed.

ramses13th said:
But as of this moment i'm interested strictly into the practices I mentioned, due to the Qi Cultivation and soul-mind-body coordination benefits.
Re: On Chakra Work
HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:
SdD said:
But you also need to do Yoga or at very bad cases when one cannot do Yoga[/b], Pranayama or breathing meditation, combined with these.
Qi Gong (Chi Kung), Tai Chi Chuan, Lian Gong or Falun Gong?? OK?

Hatha Yoga is superior and has to be practiced daily. You can combine this with a routine of any of the above.

I have found nothing that invalidates the importance of Hatha yoga. It needs to be done. Even for 10 minutes a day.
Complete Collection of Yoga Links (AFAIK)

Korpi said:
ramses13th said:
But as of this moment i'm interested strictly into the practices I mentioned, due to the Qi Cultivation and soul-mind-body coordination benefits.
Re: On Chakra Work
HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:
SdD said:
But you also need to do Yoga or at very bad cases when one cannot do Yoga[/b], Pranayama or breathing meditation, combined with these.
Qi Gong (Chi Kung), Tai Chi Chuan, Lian Gong or Falun Gong?? OK?

Hatha Yoga is superior and has to be practiced daily. You can combine this with a routine of any of the above.

I have found nothing that invalidates the importance of Hatha yoga. It needs to be done. Even for 10 minutes a day.
Complete Collection of Yoga Links (AFAIK)

Thank you! Now I fully trust this idea.
The thing is I thought everyone replied with a biased answer. So, I apologize to everyone who replied and thank you!

hailourtruegod said:

Taiji has some advantages over Yoga. Chansijin/silk reeling conditions the fascia in a way Yoga doesn't. Our fascia needs to be gently cultivated the proper martial way as SS to do energy breathing with measurable effect.
There's a lot hidden in the world about how martial arts was taught before.
It's not really safe for me to talk more because of how few people are doing it anymore.
The fact I say this much is enough.

Taiji has some advantages over Yoga. Chansijin/silk reeling conditions the fascia in a way Yoga doesn't. Our fascia needs to be gently cultivated the proper martial way as SS to do energy breathing with measurable effect.
There's a lot hidden in the world about how martial arts was taught before.
It's not really safe for me to talk more because of how few people are doing it anymore.
The fact I say this much is enough.
Hi, I have a similar question also. I would like to add a chi gong practice to my Yoga and meditation practice. Yes, I have heard of silk reeling, though I dont know what it is. And have seen chi gong people criticize yoga, saying that we shouldn't be stretching the fascia.

I have been following this guy a bit

Though he is of the opinion that the imagination should never be used in mediation and chi gong practice, what are your thoughts?
He says you have to use attention not intention to lower chi into the lower dantein, otherwise you end up over stimulating the body, which he says most yoga practices are doing, but then his approach is daoist - non-doing, so not surprising

Whereas, other chi gong teachers say, imagination moves mind, moves chi - which is more of a doing.

any suggestions are welcome, Satanma.

Hi, have you seen any recommendations of chi gong teachers, websites or books? Satanama

qigong focused with element air with lightening of the body and affect the structure of the body's movements is usually done with martial arts or hatha yoga.

I agree, do you know of any good teachers? for tai chi or chi gong?

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back