Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Who was Alulim?

I was recently interested in a post I read online about the ancient Sumerian king Alulim

Here is some information I've found in regards to him:

Quotes below from Wikipedia:
"Alulim regarded as the first king to ever rule. He is known from the Sumerian King List, Ballad of Early Rulers, and other similar sources which invariably place him in Eridu and assign a reign lasting thousands of years to him. A myth describing his appointment by the gods and incantations treating him as the creator of insects are also known.

Alulim’s name was written in cuneiform as A2-lu-lim or A-lu-lim and can be translated from Sumerian as either “horn of the red deer” or “seed of the red deer” depending on the variable first sign.

The gods responsible for Alulim's appointment in this text are Enlil and Enki, who are also credited with assigning his name to him. Jeremiah Peterson notes that the grammar of the passage might not designate him as a human, which could indicate that in this context Alulim is not a personal name, but merely a description of the entity chosen to act as a ruler"

Of course coming from wikipedia most things may not be accurate, and looking up basic articles on him it seems like he was a king who ruled a long time before the "flood" my question is was he a man, or was he one of the Gods. I'm trying to gather more information. I didn't see any mention of him on Jos but I'm very much interested in learning more if anyone knows anything about this and wishes to share! Thank you.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back