Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Wonderful Technology

Sunny

I am referring to the real and true anti-sound, and not those heavy and unnecessary insulations.

This is needed from the smallest things like toilets, to the biggest and most important things like serious noise pollution from cars and so on.

I like this. There are several start-ups for this idea, I hope they succeed.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_noise_control

Pumpkin671 said:
Don't AirPods do this?

Yes, it does.

Some time ago I saw a small device (about the size of a wifi router) that had to be put in the window and it did this.

Noise pollution if it is loud is very disturbing but also harmful to health, there are studies on this.

I was once in a hotel that was close to big roads coming out of the city. If this device was developed and they had it there, it would be perfect. Instead it was unpleasant to say the least.

Among other things, I wanted to meditate a bit but it was practically impossible. The noises of motorbikes and cars and trucks etc. were too loud, it was as if someone was drilling into my brain and my whole body.

Sunny said:
Pumpkin671 said:
Don't AirPods do this?

Yes, it does.

Some time ago I saw a small device (about the size of a wifi router) that had to be put in the window and it did this.

Noise pollution if it is loud is very disturbing but also harmful to health, there are studies on this.

I was once in a hotel that was close to big roads coming out of the city. If this device was developed and they had it there, it would be perfect. Instead it was unpleasant to say the least.

Among other things, I wanted to meditate a bit but it was practically impossible. The noises of motorbikes and cars and trucks etc. were too loud, it was as if someone was drilling into my brain and my whole body.
AirPods would be a good solution in this case. But I think something like noise cancellation (other than AirPods) would be helpful in many cases, like what you speak of.

Pumpkin671 said:
Sunny said:
Pumpkin671 said:
Don't AirPods do this?

Yes, it does.

AirPods would be a good solution in this case. But I think something like noise cancellation (other than AirPods) would be helpful in many cases, like what you speak of.

Yes

What do you think, are you born a genius or do you become one? I would say one becomes it.

Sunny said:
Pumpkin671 said:
Sunny said:
Yes, it does.

Yes

What do you think, are you born a genius or do you become one? I would say one becomes it.
One can be made but one can also become one. I think it depends on the environment one is raised in and how young that person is when they have a skill or an interest in some topic that decades from then will lead them to be a genius in their field of study. More than likely people become one rather than being born as one.

Pumpkin671 said:
Sunny said:
Pumpkin671 said:

Yes

One can be made but one can also become one. I think it depends on the environment one is raised in and how young that person is when they have a skill or an interest in some topic that decades from then will lead them to be a genius in their field of study. More than likely people become one rather than being born as one.

Some skills and talents can be inherited but can be lost if not used and trained.

Sunny said:
Pumpkin671 said:
Sunny said:
Yes

Some skills and talents can be inherited but can be lost if not used and trained.
I agree.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back