Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Feeling Stuck?

Blackdragon666

Sometimes in life we encounter situations that can weigh us down. You can often encounter obstacles that require you to just endure and do what is required of you. Maybe it's that working to free your soul. Maybe you're trying to grow your finances. Maybe you're living with people who are bad for your mental well-being and need to move out. Or you have to study hard and pass your exams in school or college. Whatever the case, you will agree with me that you have to pull through. If you could make a wish and it came true, you would definitely choose succeeding over failing.

Whatever you're going through, it doesn't define your existence and should therefore not be your downfall. When you come to this understanding, you see that problems are just but phases of life. If you can't change something in the moment, it is often wise to change how you look at it. If you are subject to your emotions to where they influence how you look at the world, you will likely just beat yourself down even further than life is or be unable to do anything significant for yourself. I have a few mechanisms I apply when in such a difficult situation that requires me to be strong.

If you're being pessimistic and beating yourself down, think about the following analogy. You are in a situation where you have to dig a hole. You have a shovel and yourself, and the task ahead that has to be done. Maybe you are a bit weary or not really feeling like doing it. But you decide to just dig the shovel into the ground and dig up some dirt. In that moment, no matter what you were feeling, no matter what anyone has to say, you are no longer a quitter. In the moment you do what you have to do, you have made all the difference in the world. All your feelings of being worthless are irrelevant in that moment and you have already gotten the situation under control.

In times when you are feeling like shit, when you do what needs to be done, you are no longer a quitter, loser or anything you were feeling like that was holding you back. Every day you wake up and do your part, you make yourself a fighter. Going back to the analogy, the next obvious step is to do it again and dig up more dirt. Don't even focus so much on the completed hole that you have to dig. Just focus on the here and now. When you do it again, it doesn't matter again what you're feeling. In that moment, you definitely rock.

The goal is to train your mind to appreciate your efforts. If I go panning for gold in a river and toil for days until I finally find a piece of gold, no matter what I am feeling from what I have been going through, I have the gold. This is where your focus should be.

As you appreciate the first few mounds of dirt you dig up, you end up being comfortable with it and before long, you have adapted to your situation and are no longer subject to being crippled by your own feelings. What matters is not how you feel, but what you do about it. That is the gold you keep overlooking. In fact, feelings only alert you that you need to do that action. They don't dictate reality.

Another way you can cope with feeling like a failure is to stop focusing on the entire journey. Look at it in terms of days. Every single day is an entire project in itself for you. Maybe you're jobless and have to do a working for as long as possible until you attract a job. If you focus too much on the 40th or 90th day that marks your working complete, you will just set yourself up for giving up or despairing. But if you treat every day as a full complete separate task, it becomes easier for you to start. Every single day you wake up in your situation, you have the chance to do something or nothing about it. Every single day you get the chance. Are you going to take it or leave it?

You need only take it on the first day. By just beginning, you have already made a difference. You chose not to waste that day. Leave alone the final completion of the whole task. On that day, you made it count. You just need to make the choice every day and before you know it, you develop a rhythm. Make your goal to succeed every day, and your success is doing what you have to do.

It takes a lot of energy to stop something that has been set in motion. Just like it was hard for you to start, it will become hard for you to stop this habit you're creating of making the necessary choice every day. Before you know it, you have even developed strength, endurance, reliability and several other positive qualities.

The most important thing to remember is that your life is much more bigger than just the bad chapters.

Hail Satan!

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back