Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Names

Mavoch

The relationships between names and magic seem quite confusing to me, so I decided to make a post exposing my doubts and hoping that someone can answer them for me.

The first doubt is about the spiritual relationship between someone/something's name and the thing itself, the obvious thought is that someone's name has nothing to do with the person on a spiritual level, not least because it is just a word by which they are called, however there are some parts of the JoS that disagree with this, in the Satanic Grimoire of Black Magick PDF it says that vibrating someone's name backwards can be used to curse them, and on the JOS site in the part about banishments, it says that vibrating an entity's name backwards can be used for banishments, so according to these, the name is directly linked to the being, as using it backwards affects that being spiritually, which would not happen if there was no spiritual link between the name and the person, so how does that link work ? Any name associated with a person or a being works this way ?

Another doubt I have is about the numerology of names, some branches of numerology talk about finding numbers in names using the letter = number process, and through this they can discover information about the person, since a person's name is linked to him, obviously modern numerology shows this in a corrupted way, but we know that the Greeks had a form of numerology that related words to numbers, like Abrasax, which is in Greek equal to 360, thus having spiritual meanings related to the number, but the numerology of someone's name really affects the person ? We already know that the person's name is related to the person, so the number would also be ? Could changing someone's name, for example, affect the person ?

Now about magickal names, a common practice among modern occultists is to assign themselves magickal names, the arguments as to why this varies so much, some say it's as protection, since a person's real name is seriously connected to them, so having a magical name, one would need to know such a name to use it against the sorcerer, others say that names more connected to the spiritual, such as ancient pagan names, would give magical power to the person, most of the explanations I have found are futile and not very relevant, but there is a citation for magickal names in the JOS, on the page about satanic baptism, so I would like to know what the satanic view is.

Every soul has a name that the most profound and represents the essence of its being. Some may already know it, in any case the gods know it.

This name is very deeply connected to the soul, like a seal to understand each other.

As for modern names, they are only a method to recognise the person and to store his or her data, in fact these names can be changed.
Many names out there are derived from Hebrew and the Bible, and it is not good to have them.
Would you like to have a name derived from Hebrew? Would you like your name to mean 'he who loves "yhvh"'?
Definitely not.
Other older names of heathen origin are beautiful and a source of pride, especially if they are borne by great SS and from the past.

They differ, however, from the name of your soul.

Veritá_666 said:
Every soul has a name that the most profound and represents the essence of its being. Some may already know it, in any case the gods know it.

This name is very deeply connected to the soul, like a seal to understand each other.

As for modern names, they are only a method to recognise the person and to store his or her data, in fact these names can be changed.
Many names out there are derived from Hebrew and the Bible, and it is not good to have them.
Would you like to have a name derived from Hebrew? Would you like your name to mean 'he who loves "yhvh"'?
Definitely not.
Other older names of heathen origin are beautiful and a source of pride, especially if they are borne by great SS and from the past.

They differ, however, from the name of your soul.

Do you know how it can be possible for us to learn our True Names? My guess is past life regression.

Melvin said:
The first doubt

Names, in each lifetime, are somewhat important. Each name is consisted of specific letters and has a specific frequency - vibration. When we learn our name, our brain links this vibration - frequency with ourselves. In ancient Greece for example, all names had a meaning, a reasoning. Each name was given for a reason and after the years you could see that this given name actually described significant things for the person.

Another doubt I have is about the numerology of names

Numerology is very important and very interesting. In ancient Greek there are many words that their number has a very tight bond which you can see on the physical level.
Ancient Greek language has the ability to have in each word the meaning of each word coming by a logical sequence. To many words, this can even be supported with numerology.
An example here is the distance from Iolkos to Eleusina, which is 850 stadiums. The total of the numeric values of the letters of the word "Eleusis", as it was written, is also 850.
Another example, the word "omicron", as it is written, and means the name of the letter "O". The total is 360, just like the total of the degrees of the circle, which is its own symbol, O.
In ancient Greek, everything is linked with each other and are united.
Yes, with numerology of the name, of the date of birth, you can learn things about the person.
Now, changing the name could have two possible cases. Let's say the person has a name that equals a number (random number 9). If they change their name, they could even choose a name with the same total, 9. So the person changes their name but the new name has the same value as the old one. The other case is that the total number isn't the same. On this case, I think it has to do with each case, if the person uses only the new name, if with their new name they wanted to start a new chapter in their life etc. What is the person's intention by changing their name. It's not how it affects you, but what is the outcome from it.

Now about magickal names

It is completely optional.
When you enter this path you can choose a new name, a name that defines you.
If the person chooses one, their magickal name is something very personal. It can symbolize a variety of things. For example it can be a name linked with their Guardian Demon or a specific God, it can be a name that inspires them for advancement, it can be a name that the person is tightly bonded emotionally. In general, it is a name that will help the person stay dedicated on their goal, their advancement and their close connection with the Gods. At least that's how I perceive it.

so having a magical name, one would need to know such a name to use it against the sorcerer

You can attack a person by just knowing their "normal" name. The name it was given to them when they where born, the one they use on a daily basis.
Also, in order to attack a person you don't need their name if you are advanced enough.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back