Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

In the dark - my short story

DarkAries

"Its dark. Very dark, with barely any spark of light. Like allways before, and I dont think it would change. But this is the natural now. People live in the dark, do their duty, then sleep and become darkness itself. Thats how the things going here.
Except us. We are different. I watch others for ages, and its obvious that we are different. The others blind themself after a time, so they have a reason to not see anything anymore. I allways have to close my eyes around them, to not be suspicous. Sadly the more can beat the better.
There are stories around the youngest and oldest about the stars. Giant, beautiful objects with infinite light, and even they are very far, their precious light can be seen from here. Sometimes I see that light. Only a few saw it, and they remain silent, else they would be blinded as well.
Those who can see the light are capable to wake up. Everyone else just disappear, but the darkness doesnt devour us. Some of us sleep more, others less, some even remember what happened before their sleep. Even I remember some of them. Others cant do it. After time I realised the answer. Even in this dark world we have light inside.
There was a different time, maybe two or three sleeps before. Only for a short time, but the darkness dissolved, and the stars shined bright to us. I saw the other shining man, and even I wasnt bright enough, they welcomed me. The land was in ruins around us, but we started to build anew, so the world can shine forever.
We lost the fight. The blinded fools destroyed our beautiful temples, paintings, books, even without nowing what they do.
The brightest of us, our leader went with the stars. In my dreams I saw that place a few times. Our world can look the same without this darkness.
The stars teached us a song, a weapon, what can dissolve the dark. We all sing it. Sometimes teach it for those, who can still see.
Its dark. Very dark, with barely any spark of light. Like allways before, and I dont doupt it would change."

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back