Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Work at the computer - brain fog

Yagami Light

Website
odysee.com
Hello everyone.
I have noticed how my mind becomes completely unfocused and it keeps making endless pointless thoughts after I have sat for many hours at the computer.

However, my desired profession is graphic design or having my own blog (somehow making noney from it :p) and in general, things that require sitting at the computer for very long hours (to either create/produce, or self-promote).

I do have blue light blocking glasses and I do wear them but the result is the same.

How do you deal with it? Is there a solution?

I try to use notebook and paper as much as possible, but there are still many things that can only be done at the computer.

Take regular breaks. You are more efficient worker when in every hour you take 5-10 minutes off for switching focus. Your eyes will thank you as well.

Do pranyama. Pranyama energises you very quickly and easily. In 5-10 minutes that I mentioned above you can charge yourself easily for the next hour, or maybe even longer.

Casual stretching will enable blood flow and is great for combating postural problems caused by sitting. This will also slightly energise you.

Stay hydrated at all times! Have a glass, pint, water bottle or whatever with water available all the time.

Yagami Light said:
Hello everyone.
I have noticed how my mind becomes completely unfocused and it keeps making endless pointless thoughts after I have sat for many hours at the computer.

However, my desired profession is graphic design or having my own blog (somehow making noney from it :p) and in general, things that require sitting at the computer for very long hours (to either create/produce, or self-promote).

I do have blue light blocking glasses and I do wear them but the result is the same.

How do you deal with it? Is there a solution?

I try to use notebook and paper as much as possible, but there are still many things that can only be done at the computer.

Turn your monitor setting to warm color tone.
After every 10minutes look far from monitor 30ft. is good distance Atleast for 1 minute.
Give rest to your eyes by closing it after every 30 minutes for 1-2 minutes.
Wash your eyes with cold water everytime you go to restroom.

This will help you to protect your eye from dry eye syndrom and slower eye aging.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back