Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Does anyone else use persona thoughtforms for goals?

Wolfsage

I think this is maybe a natural process that I’ve just become aware of by chance and it’s something that most people do? So I’m curious if anyone else can relate.

It’s where I imagine myself as something/someone else or maybe the image comes after the fact once the thought form is built up, but I’ve had them manifest thru emotion, usefulness, and directly thru an image held in my mind usually daily, and usually related to something I have to do more than once. An archetype if you will, they are me but with a specific purpose. For instance, if I’m trying to be good at note taking, I’ve created a detective thought form/persona that is essentially another persona who is good at observation and logging things. If I’m doing something unpleasant, I created a persona that’s a soldier and was able to ignore my pain. It’s a mostly unconscious process that I’ve always done to help me focus/find interest in things I’d otherwise avoid doing. They are like filters for my task. If an emotion or action is inappropriate, I use the thought form within its set of limitations and of course a different mindset. Conversely if something is extremely unpleasant to me and I wouldn’t be able to do it or too scary I use a thought form. They seem to build up over time and become more useful, the more they get used. I’ve had negative ones that were made unconsciously too and had desires that weren’t natural to me, those were made of strong emotion as the base, rather than utility. If that makes sense?

Is there any downside to this habit? Other than my sense of self needing grounding from time to time? Especially if I use a persona too much.

Is this just something from trauma or is it a natural process, or both?

I feel like it’s natural, but most people aren’t conscious of it or maybe they are conscious but they just don’t think about it in these terms. Just a guess.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back