Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Bones

DarkAries

I was at the forest for fieldwork and I found some deer bones. Is there any magic that I can specialy use that? Like carve a rune to it?

Animals are very sacred to the Gods. I don't believe you should be using any remains of an animal for magical purposes.

If I were in your situation I would either burry the bones or leave them there(if they are far enough in the forest/woods to not be disturbed by people)

DarkAries said:
I was at the forest for fieldwork and I found some deer bones. Is there any magic that I can specialy use that? Like carve a rune to it?

No. Leave the remains as they are. If you moved any, put them back.

No need to ever use animal bones for magic in my understanding.

You could find many other things to carve runes on.

serpentwalker666 said:
DarkAries said:

I believe one of the listed stones for one of the Runes is ivory.

Even outside of a magick context, they used to use bone for everything. Whale boning was used for clothing. Bones and horns were made into handles for things. Bone wall sconces. Necklaces. You name it.

jrvan said:
serpentwalker666 said:
DarkAries said:

I believe one of the listed stones for one of the Runes is ivory.

Even outside of a magick context, they used to use bone for everything. Whale boning was used for clothing. Bones and horns were made into handles for things. Bone wall sconces. Necklaces. You name it.

You are correct. Just a personal preference on my part as well, i don't see any reason to use bones for carving. I don't know if the energy would carry over, or the bones need to be energetically cleaned, I'm not sure. It's not a subject I'm very familiar on.

Just something I wouldn't do personally.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back