Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

What you don't know, will come to hurt.

tabby

Most kids these days and for a long time have attempted desperately to make themselves someone else. You see a hero in a movie, or a cool character in a book, a celebrity, that popular person in school... suddenly they don't want to be themselves, and improve upon themselves. For all intents and purposes they want a body swap/personality swap, or whatever you want to call it.

I'm sure there are many who have come here, riding that same thought train. So many believe they, as they are, can't be something or "someone". We compare ourselves to Mr Joe or the lady that's part of that club, our best friend, and such, and we start to fail to see ourselves in the mirror. We think this comes from a place of insecurity, emotional issues, maybe karma etc. and it certainly can be... at the root of it, it's simply that these people don't know themselves, and don't know how to work with themselves, nor believe/trust in themselves. It's half the reason people get wrapped up in needing a hero or a savior. Many get trained to abandon themselves in favor of someone who they believe is already "cool" and/or "advanced" in some way.

People who are like this always fall into the trap of relying on someone else to tell them who they are, and to "save" them from their troubles. If you do this, you set yourself up for failures in your life, and sometimes, in the worst case scenario, you could meet really horrible people who abuse and use you.

When we first come to Satanism, sometimes (depending on who you are and how you've grown up), being told to become your OWN hero, your OWN savior, etc. is about the scariest thing to you. This person, for their whole life usually, has always been taught that everyone else can be the "hero", but not them. Satanism teaches you to understand yourself, your strengths, your weaknesses, your skills and abilities, and how to improve in every aspect of your life and self. Rather than using the mold of someone else to build yourself on (which inevitably collapses when faced with the truth of yourself), we are taught here how to build upon our own self. This gives one strength and power far greater than relying on any external "hero".

Every person is completely unique, and though we have similarities to each other and "cross-overs"... remember, there is only one YOU in the world. So embrace yourself, and honor yourself, not a clone of someone else.

If you're someone sitting here reading this right now and thinking "yeah, that's me. I don't think I can be my own hero..." - then you've already taken the first step. Recognizing that you feel and think this way. After that, it's just learning to be brave, learning to stand on your own feet, and holding yourself up from a place of strength. This is going to require breaking down everything you knew about yourself, and all the walls you built up and dirt to cover up who you are. Comb through it, and decide what is truly YOU, then build on this, and improve yourself to be the grandest YOU. Because believe it or not, yes, despite what all the corruption in this world has led you to believe - you can be and will be your own hero that saves yourself from ruin and failure here.

If you stumble, get back up. If you make a mistake, learn from it. If you feel like breaking down and can't do it, breathe, and try again when you're ready. We take what we once were and through this path we perfect it. So no, this is not an easy road to walk, but it is the most rewarding. Some day, those who felt like they couldn't be their own hero, you'll be here looking back to when you first started and wonder "Why did I ever want to be someone else?" and then you'll know, you're heading in the right direction for your life.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back