Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Requested thread for library additions

Shadowcat

Here everyone can add the articles of others that they think will fit into the library

You asked for help awhile back in collecting articles from the forums that you thought could help out new people, but since the library is updated i figured we and everyone else who has ideas for good articles can post them here :)

I will get the ones i sent you and put them here

Any ideas guys? Blitzes awesome TCM posts IMO should have a whole library section in of itself
Lydias deep cleaning article and on obliterating saturn are also the top of the list for me personally :)

A good one from Dr. Blitz :) https://www.ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=69162

Lydia's yoga series: https://ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?p=295184

Lydia's obliterate Saturn : https://www.ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=92

There's more i wanted to post...for some reason proton mail just refuses to load in the very thread i had them in. It just had to lag rn....

Found some others:
"Just talk to Satan" By Jihiji: https://www.ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=66447
From Neked Pluto: "Beginners- Not feeling chakras, aura or energy" https://www.ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=67499

I will post more when i find. A lot of the other writings you and me collected, Brightspace, were from HP.Cobra which i am sure are in the library now.

Shadowcat said:
Here everyone can add the articles of others that they think will fit into the library

You asked for help awhile back in collecting articles from the forums that you thought could help out new people, but since the library is updated i figured we and everyone else who has ideas for good articles can post them here :)

Any ideas guys? Blitzes awesome TCM posts IMO should have a whole library section in of itself
Lydias deep cleaning article and on obliterating saturn are also the top of the list for me personally :)
*Astrology: About signs on houses-Blackdragon666 [JG]:
https://ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?p=325981#p325981

*Yoga- the highest form -Darkpagan666
https://ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?p=252163#p252163

Shadowcat said:
Found some others:
"Just talk to Satan" By Jihiji: https://www.ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=66447
From Neked Pluto: "Beginners- Not feeling chakras, aura or energy" https://www.ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=67499

I will post more when i find. A lot of the other writings you and me collected, Brightspace, were from HP.Cobra which i am sure are in the library now.

:lol: Looks like we had the same idea for Nakedpluto's post.

Shadowcat said:

Okay, I'll help. If it wouldn't be too much trouble, and of course other people agree, one of my books could be included if you think it's a good idea.

https://ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=68795

Anyway, I have many ideas about this, I think I should mention that Tabby's poems should definitely be added. It is simply a pleasure and a joy to read her poems.

I think that this task is better left to higher ranking members, they know better about what to put in the library.

Aquarius said:
I think that this task is better left to higher ranking members, they know better about what to put in the library.

What higher ranking members did you have in mind? Shadow created this thread just to collect ideas and writings. This does not mean that these writings will be included in the Library, just information and writings that SS members would see fit to include. It is also about how SS members here feel about the writings of others and whether they would see fit to include them in the Library.

BrightSpace666 said:
Aquarius said:

What higher ranking members did you have in mind? Shadow created this thread just to collect ideas and writings. This does not mean that these writings will be included in the Library, just information and writings that SS members would see fit to include. It is also about how SS members here feel about the writings of others and whether they would see fit to include them in the Library.
Well, the higher ranking members here are pretty obvious, I don't think I need to name them.

Aquarius said:

Then I say HP and Lydia for example would know best. I do speculate however the thread requested was to collect what these may be into one place to make things easier and of course especially with this being a community effort as was requested. I have no doubt the most relevant and useful ones will be chosen and I'm sure this should be left to the most advanced SS

BrightSpace666 said:
Anyway, I have many ideas about this, I think I should mention that Tabby's poems should definitely be added. It is simply a pleasure and a joy to read her poems.

I think the things that should be added that would significantly aid to meditations and advancement in general.

There are some writings that are great and posts of art or other that can give a perspective to a certain extent but we are talking posts on extensive knowledge or advice that isn't just general but can significantly aid in ones awareness and self betterment.

Alot of posts are great but what is posted in the library should ultimately come from members who are significantly advanced or are extremely knowledgeable about important topics such as astrology divination TCM experience with effective meditations and so on and ofcourse significant insights on how to be connected and closer to the Gods.

As for any other generally insightful posts there are many SS advanced and non who compose what they mean for this to be on the daily. I think only very few will be chosen

Aquarius said:
Well, the higher ranking members here are pretty obvious, I don't think I need to name them.

I think you should.

Shadowcat said:
BrightSpace666 said:

I think the things that should be added that would significantly aid to meditations and advancement in general.

There are some writings that are great and posts of art or other that can give a perspective to a certain extent but we are talking posts on extensive knowledge or advice that isn't just general but can significantly aid in ones awareness and self betterment.

Alot of posts are great but what is posted in the library should ultimately come from members who are significantly advanced or are extremely knowledgeable about important topics such as astrology divination TCM experience with effective meditations and so on and ofcourse significant insights on how to be connected and closer to the Gods.

As for any other generally insightful posts there are many SS advanced and non who compose what they mean for this to be on the daily. I think only very few will be chosen

We will all decide together.

Dahaarkan said:
HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:
Also, you could collect this information and these posts [without bias in regards to what one likes, but rather, their function, and even if they are repetitive], which later could be worked together with the English Librarian or person in charge of the Library, and an editor, and you put these up to improve the library? There is a vacancy here, and this work is really important. And only people with a certain standing in the community could do this for obvious reasons.

I'll glady help with this. I'll be sending you an e-mail shortly.
Quoting you here in case you didn't see the thread

Serbon said:
Dahaarkan said:
HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:
Also, you could collect this information and these posts [without bias in regards to what one likes, but rather, their function, and even if they are repetitive], which later could be worked together with the English Librarian or person in charge of the Library, and an editor, and you put these up to improve the library? There is a vacancy here, and this work is really important. And only people with a certain standing in the community could do this for obvious reasons.

I saw. Though in my opinion, a thread like this is only the first stage. The e-mail I sent to HC has my proposal for this. We need to actually organize ourselves and establish roles and responsibilities. Should this thread gain traction loosely, with no one really "in charge" of this task, it will become a mess where people will likely begin to add the same posts and threads over and over.

Furthermore it is required for someone trusted to also take the time and care to clean up these posts into professionally written, cohesive messages before they are put on the library. Also this needs to be organized because we don't want several people all working on the same article and wasting each other's time.

In addition, one should also take the extra step to not only pick up on useful articles by members, but also consider replies, and other articles of a similar nature, and combine all the useful input in these so long as they cover the same topic, into single comprehensive articles. You don't want to find yourself uploading an article, and then some days later find more information on the same topic that would have been great to add to the article but now it's already uploaded and too late to add anything.

Crediting everyone involved of course. Needless to say our technical wizard Soaring Eagle can definitely work miracles here as we've seen. But we'll see if he wishes to also be involved in this. I think for the time being, we should focus on the task at hand, and afterwards we can start working on this :)

I definitely look forward to re-reading some of the more wonderful and helpful posts that members have made and bringing them to light again. I already have several in mind. The solution I presented also involves the community, and anybody would also have a chance to voice their opinion, and bring up articles they believe are useful and should be added for review and possibly be cleaned up and added to the library.

And doing so outside of an open thread because, and this has happened already some will go on tangents and the thread loses it's focus and becomes disorganized.

Dahaarkan said:
Serbon said:
Dahaarkan said:

I saw. Though in my opinion, a thread like this is only the first stage. The e-mail I sent to HC has my proposal for this. We need to actually organize ourselves and establish roles and responsibilities. Should this thread gain traction loosely, with no one really "in charge" of this task, it will become a mess where people will likely begin to add the same posts and threads over and over.

Furthermore it is required for someone trusted to also take the time and care to clean up these posts into professionally written, cohesive messages before they are put on the library. Also this needs to be organized because we don't want several people all working on the same article and wasting each other's time.

In addition, one should also take the extra step to not only pick up on useful articles by members, but also consider replies, and other articles of a similar nature, and combine all the useful input in these so long as they cover the same topic, into single comprehensive articles. You don't want to find yourself uploading an article, and then some days later find more information on the same topic that would have been great to add to the article but now it's already uploaded and too late to add anything.

Crediting everyone involved of course. Needless to say our technical wizard Soaring Eagle can definitely work miracles here as we've seen. But we'll see if he wishes to also be involved in this. I think for the time being, we should focus on the task at hand, and afterwards we can start working on this :)

I definitely look forward to re-reading some of the more wonderful and helpful posts that members have made and bringing them to light again. I already have several in mind. The solution I presented also involves the community, and anybody would also have a chance to voice their opinion, and bring up articles they believe are useful and should be added for review and possibly be cleaned up and added to the library.

And doing so outside of an open thread because, and this has happened already some will go on tangents and the thread loses it's focus and becomes disorganized.

All good points. I'm glad you have taken up this task :). I hope any way at least to have been of help in trying to get some of what could possibly be useful together. It was obvious someone with more XP with this kind of thing should take over but I thought I would try make it easier on them with allowing everyone to help collect any pertinent information into one place.

I have by the way seen posts by Blitz, Lydia and others that could be really relevant but might be better off being put into one article? Not sure

But yes it is as good point also that threads do often get derailed.

Dahaarkan said:
Serbon said:
Dahaarkan said:

Just from how you've approached things in your comment here, I'm in agreement with what Sister Lydia said under the announcement post for the library. You're definitely a good pick for this.

Shadowcat said:
All good points. I'm glad you have taken up this task :). I hope any way at least to have been of help in trying to get some of what could possibly be useful together. It was obvious someone with more XP with this kind of thing should take over but I thought I would try make it easier on them with allowing everyone to help collect any pertinent information into one place.

I have by the way seen posts by Blitz, Lydia and others that could be really relevant but might be better off being put into one article? Not sure

Please don't take this as me discouraging the continuation of this thread. It's very good that you've taken this initiative, and by all means continue to discuss posts you think are relevant and important. This is very helpful to the process and everyone who chimes in is very appreciated.

All of your thoughts and opinions ARE valued, you know. This thread will be closely monitored.

If you are embarrassed by plugging your own posts...you can do so stealthily by e-mailing me:

[email protected]

I won't tell anyone, I promise.

Dahaarkan said:
Shadowcat said:

Please don't take this as me discouraging the continuation of this thread. It's very good that you've taken this initiative, and by all means continue to discuss posts you think are relevant and important. This is very helpful to the process and everyone who chimes in is very appreciated.

All of your thoughts and opinions ARE valued, you know. This thread will be closely monitored.

If you are embarrassed by plugging your own posts...you can do so stealthily by e-mailing me:

[email protected]

I won't tell anyone, I promise.

Thank you for that :). Don't worry though no embarrassment. I was also trying to think of what would be more efficient. If the thread derailed for example like many end up getting indeed, the thread would just become full of things and comments not useful at all, and so finding and having to scroll the thread for any useful info would be troublesome to sift through.

I will continue trying to see what I can collect, and I encourage everyone else to do the same here :D

Shadowcat said:
Thank you for that :). Don't worry though no embarrassment. I was also trying to think of what would be more efficient. If the thread derailed for example like many end up getting indeed, the thread would just become full of things and comments not useful at all, and so finding and having to scroll the thread for any useful info would be troublesome to sift through.

I will continue trying to see what I can collect, and I encourage everyone else to do the same here :D

Please do. I'll be consulting this thread often, and taking notes.

Just for clarification since I think my first post here may have given off the wrong impression, what I meant was an issue with the thread being disorganized was if this became the primary/only way to find and select things, without careful curation. Then it would be a mess.

The framework of this work is now in place, and things are already in motion. Community input is appreciated and taken into account, whether by private e-mails or open discussions/suggestions here.

Just please, don't let yourselves get into heated arguments over what you believe is and isn't important. I know it's rich coming from me, but let's try to be objective and to the point with this, and not go on wild tangents to the point where the thread completely loses it's function.

I wrote a sneaky post explaining this process ( https://ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?p=355024#p355024 ). Going forward I'll consider this thread as an extension of this.

Dahaarkan said:
Shadowcat said:

Just for clarification since I think my first post here may have given off the wrong impression, what I meant was an issue with the thread being disorganized was if this became the primary/only way to find and select things, without careful curation. Then it would be a mess.

The framework of this work is now in place, and things are already in motion. Community input is appreciated and taken into account, whether by private e-mails or open discussions/suggestions here.

Just please, don't let yourselves get into heated arguments over what you believe is and isn't important. I know it's rich coming from me, but let's try to be objective and to the point with this, and not go on wild tangents to the point where the thread completely loses it's function.

I wrote a sneaky post explaining this process ( https://ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?p=355024#p355024 ). Going forward I'll consider this thread as an extension of this.

Oops, wrong link, I meant this:
https://ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?p=357465#p357465

Dahaarkan said:
Dahaarkan said:
Shadowcat said:

Lydias other post on yoga is a good pick: https://www.ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=68674

I honestly personally don't think people should typically add in their own posts due to a natural bias tendency. but i am going to suggest this one of mine since so many claim to have found it helpful: https://www.ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=64320&sid=230d642b5dda02d95290ef5f29437c21url
(i do believe however some of those links might need to be changed or outdated in this article)

Shadowcat said:
Lydias other post on yoga is a good pick: https://www.ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=68674

I honestly personally don't think people should typically add in their own posts due to a natural bias tendency. but i am going to suggest this one of mine since so many claim to have found it helpful: https://www.ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=64320&sid=230d642b5dda02d95290ef5f29437c21url
(i do believe however some of those links might need to be changed or outdated in this article)

Don't worry about plugging your own posts. Everyone will naturally be biased towards their own writings, because these are their own words and resonate strongly with them.

However, just as my bias holds no weight here, neither will yours. Posts will be reviewed objectively without bias regardless.

Do not feel embarrassed or guilty about suggesting your own writings. Be proud of your contributions. Just please don't take it personally if something's not added.

Is the website White Death of Islam part of the JoS library? If not, I would recommend the clergy to add it as sooner as they can.

Dahaarkan said:
Shadowcat said:

Don't worry about plugging your own posts. Everyone will naturally be biased towards their own writings, because these are their own words and resonate strongly with them.

However, just as my bias holds no weight here, neither will yours. Posts will be reviewed objectively without bias regardless.

Do not feel embarrassed or guilty about suggesting your own writings. Be proud of your contributions. Just please don't take it personally if something's not added.

I also recommend this one by Lydia. There have been a lot of people who have struggled with this issue https://www.ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?p=359841#p359841

Informative post about kidney health related to hair, and some tidbits about hair products and their effects: https://www.ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?p=21511#p21511

This member has good and informative posts about astrology:
https://www.ancient-forums.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=73233

Dahaarkan said:
Dahaarkan said:
Shadowcat said:

Since Blackdragon666 and i are working on those astrology articles, i remembered this one of his i think should be added to the list here: https://www.ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=68219&p=325981#p325981

Shadowcat said:
Dahaarkan said:
Dahaarkan said:

Since Blackdragon666 and i are working on those astrology articles, i remembered this one of his i think should be added to the list here: https://www.ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=68219&p=325981#p325981

I'll be incorporating it into the other stuff you're already working on, when we have it all completed

jrvan said:
I'm recommending Korpi's new post. It's very good.

The Deeper Meaning behind "Hatha" Yoga

Just so everyone knows, this was posted hours ago before everyone else commented on it and before it went to the announcements. I'm a little bit bummed that my comment took so long to go through. Just look at the timestamps if anyone doesn't believe me.

I know it's not really a big deal, but it's important to me that others don't suspect I posted this on a bandwagon after seeing the positive reception for Korpi's post. I was the first to post there.

jrvan said:
jrvan said:
I'm recommending Korpi's new post. It's very good.

The Deeper Meaning behind "Hatha" Yoga

Just so everyone knows, this was posted hours ago before everyone else commented on it and before it went to the announcements. I'm a little bit bummed that my comment took so long to go through. Just look at the timestamps if anyone doesn't believe me.

I know it's not really a big deal, but it's important to me that others don't suspect I posted this on a bandwagon after seeing the positive reception for Korpi's post. I was the first to post there.

This actually raises a good question, I generally don't look into posts in announcements since I assume these get bundled with sermons and are already being worked on.

Should I be looking into member posts in announcements also or is someone already on that?

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back