Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Help

666ix

Any workings/meditations to rid my video game addiction ? I play competitive call of duty and 90% of the time I dont enjoy playing, it’s also a very toxic community. I can’t help but to stay up until 3 am playing & it feels like I’m just chasing a dopamine rush, it’s not easy to stop playing because of wanting to get better and compete at a high level but I don’t know if it’s healthy at this point. I’ve been playing competitive cod for 10 years but I need help stopping. It’s really taking a tole on my mental health but it’s so hard to stop since the following day I am eager to get on again, then it’s the same loop over and over..

You're not addicted to the videogames, you're addicted to escaping reality, escaping from the difficult and harsh reality, but the truth is that reality is beautiful and satisfying. How would you rather spend your time? Start doing the things you want to do that aren't escaping from reality, like studying, or meditation, or working out ecc.

You need to have goals.

666ix said:
Any workings/meditations to rid my video game addiction ? I play competitive call of duty and 90% of the time I dont enjoy playing, it’s also a very toxic community. I can’t help but to stay up until 3 am playing & it feels like I’m just chasing a dopamine rush, it’s not easy to stop playing because of wanting to get better and compete at a high level but I don’t know if it’s healthy at this point. I’ve been playing competitive cod for 10 years but I need help stopping. It’s really taking a tole on my mental health but it’s so hard to stop since the following day I am eager to get on again, then it’s the same loop over and over..

Spend most of your time outside to deprogram yourself. You can also use that time ( being outside) by meditating. If you think of playing CSGO again, just do some push-ups and jumping jacks to get that adrenaline pumping.

Thank u aquarius ur answer helped me I am now doing a lot better than I was.

The way I get rid of the distractions of the everyday life is basically blocking them.

For example, if you want to lose weight, which of the next two options is better?
  • A) you have a cake in front of you and you are trying your best to not eat it. Maybe you aren't disciplined enough to just avoid it (void meditation is essential for this), but even if you are, you will avoid it for a while but eventually fall.
  • B) you DON'T buy the cake. That's it. It's not here, so how could you fail?

My phone used to distract me a lot. I love music and I used to spend all day listen to it. What I did was blocking almost all the apps except the really important ones (I only use my phone for calls).

Find a way to block videogames.

Ask yourself questions, such as where does this lead you? Do you want to be a "world champion" in a videogame or do you want to be a champion in the real world?

Doing this daily, with now - not even a reward in place, no satisfaction, is only just a learned behavior and nothing of value to yourself, to the world not even to the game, it becomes a time wasting and damaging action in your life. Many things in life such as this harness and waste the energy of the people.

It surely at one point benefited you in small ways and pockets of time, such as having a little fun, detachment or whatever social virtual thing. But now it doesn't fulfil this as it overwhelmed the purpose by overcoming on to your life focus.

You are only virtualizing your existence in an abstract metric way of existence. This is a low comfort of existence and in reality is simply, doing, nothing.

You are definitely learning 3 things from this:

1. You can be competitive and ambitious. Learn to drive this willfully into constructive things in real applicable world. Such as the pillar of money, relationships, character shaping etc. Go compete in the real world in the same likeness and even with much more audacity and drive.

2. You can internalize a lot of focus and repetitive tasks, as for a lot of hours you observed how invested you were in this, as long as it was a choice and learned habit. From the same mechanism of being, you can learn and internalize this focus into disciplinary action on your life.

3. You are now learning how to break habits and make decisions which to your pattern of mind might seem hard and bad. This relates to taking and controlling your mind and emotions.

What I wrote above is a mature view you need to understand and act, respectively reflect as it will help you in the long run.

666ix said:

Use a freeing working, and/or a working that gives discipline. Note that it is always easier to remove any addictions/distractions than to use raw willpower to defeat them.

Personally, I used to play a lot of video games, and would also experience these sorts of "brain-frying" long sessions. I have not done a freeing working for video games, but I have done and continue discipline workings. I had also deleted my Steam account and ripped apart my computer, making it impossible to relapse.

Yet, you don't need discipline to take decisive action against your problem. People may tell you to be moderate, but you can only moderate yourself with Saturn-like characteristics. If you are lacking those traits, then these sorts of entertainment are purely unhealthy and destructive.

Therefore, you should simply destroy your console, account, game, or whatever. Even if you relapse, then simply do it again. Continue until you finish your freeing working.

Maybe you will have regrets, or you think it is "extreme", but you should also think about your Satanic advancement. Nothing can come in front of this. Doing these workings is the hard part, whereas simply deleting the game or whatever is easy. You can also use software blockers to block anything relevant to video games, including installers or game stores.

In this day and age wouldn't it be much wiser to SELL it then if this is the case? My workings, the group ritual for wealth and the Gods of course made it very easy for me to sell some things I don't use anymore. There's always someone who will find use of things you don't need. Seriously people don't just go throwing or destroying things you could get money back, come on.🤦‍♂️

Blitzkreig [JG said:
" post_id=353929 time=1652395994 user_id=21286]
666ix said:
Any workings/meditations to rid my video game addiction ?...
Therefore, you should simply destroy your console, account, game, or whatever. Even if you relapse, then simply do it again. Continue until you finish your freeing working.

Maybe you will have regrets, or you think it is "extreme"

Egon said:
In this day and age wouldn't it be much wiser to SELL it then if this is the case? My workings, the group ritual for wealth and the Gods of course made it very easy for me to sell some things I don't use anymore. There's always someone who will find use of things you don't need. Seriously people don't just go throwing or destroying things you could get money back, come on.🤦‍♂️

Yes, if this is done in an immediate sense. If this takes days, and each day is wrecked by the addiction, then it starts to become less worth it, though.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back