Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Seeing "static"

Jihiji12

Is it normal to see a sort of "static" in the air, like an old tv that lost its signal? If that makes sense, its all i can think to describe it as

Ive always had this since being a kid but never thought much of it, it could be normal for all i know but it'd be nice to know for sure. It seems to be a lot more noticable after i meditate on my astral eyes and in the dark though

I also can see colors in pitch black, its indistinguishable from having my eyes closed. Mostly just purple for now

Is these some indicators my astral eyes are somewhat open? Or are these things just normal things everyone sees?

I have always been able to see spirits, or used to be able to. Drugs messed that up but hopefully it will return soon

That is probably "visual snow." I've had the same issue since childhood, and other people I've asked say they do not see it. Unfortunately it does not seem to be spirituality-related.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_snow

Jihiji12 said:
Is it normal to see a sort of "static" in the air, like an old tv that lost its signal? If that makes sense, its all i can think to describe it as

Ive always had this since being a kid but never thought much of it, it could be normal for all i know but it'd be nice to know for sure. It seems to be a lot more noticable after i meditate on my astral eyes and in the dark though

I also can see colors in pitch black, its indistinguishable from having my eyes closed. Mostly just purple for now

Is these some indicators my astral eyes are somewhat open? Or are these things just normal things everyone sees?

I have always been able to see spirits, or used to be able to. Drugs messed that up but hopefully it will return soon

Most people don't see it but it's normal. If you focus on the static you can use it to see colors, you said you can see colors in the dark why not reach your hand out and see what happens.

I had this as a kid. I used to stare at the static as I fell asleep in the dark. Only red, green and blue. I still see it occasionally now, and also visual snow, like fast moving specks of white light in the sky. I like to believe it is spiritual, although serves no real spiritual purpose.

Reading up on this, it's closely related to occular migraines, which can result from unusual brain activity. I believe a sharp increase in bioelectricity can trigger these - but for everyday occular "visuals" like static and light mosquitoes, perhaps just your brain's interpretation of energy. All just theory and belief though! The human body is fascinating.

Here's an idea, when you see the static in the dark, see if you can move and direct it in the same way you direct or absorb energy. See if you get any visual feedback (static particles moving in swarm). I don't experience as often as I used to, but will try next time.

Damn. I wasnt expecting it to be some sort of rare disorder. Thank you both for the replies

Ill try reaching my hand out & seeing if i can see my aura

Spidersweb said:
That is probably "visual snow." I've had the same issue since childhood, and other people I've asked say they do not see it. Unfortunately it does not seem to be spirituality-related.

No. It’s not an issue. You can use this colourful swirls for many things, as they can create shapes and even whole Images and Scenes in front of your eyes. You can see landscapes, and even galaxies and move free by your will. Receiving messages and mind reading is also possible using this.
I am also pretty sure that you can see ectoplasm with it, but I have never done this before.

Spidersweb said:

Oh wait, if this is actually what he means, then I misunderstood him. Oops.

Jihiji12 said:

Open the link which spidersweb has provided, is this what you see? Or do you see like colourful waves, shapes, swirls etc?

If you see what spidersweb provided, I would suggest you go to the doctor maybe?

NinRick said:
Jihiji12 said:

Open the link which spidersweb has provided, is this what you see? Or do you see like colourful waves, shapes, swirls etc?

If you see what spidersweb provided, I would suggest you go to the doctor maybe?

I see purple shapes but the focus of the post was because i was seeing what was in the link, yes.

I did some quick research and a doctor wouldnt help as there is no cure

Jihiji12 said:

I have similar symptoms; I also see persistent static and shades of purple in the dark. I also experience many of the same comorbidities in the Wikipedia article--tinnitus, bright points of light, floaters, afterimages. Very occasionally, when I manage to relax my mind sufficiently (usually post-orgasm), I see distinguishable shapes and objects in the same shade of purple. My personal theory is it indicates some sort of "disconnect" or "injury" within the soul which prevents proper astral vision, but this is just based on a gut feeling and nothing else.

Jihiji12 said:

Damn. I wasnt expecting it to be some sort of rare disorder. Thank you both for the replies

Ill try reaching my hand out & seeing if i can see my aura

So think of visual snow as one layer of reality. If you focus on the visual snow you'll be able to produce colors or ectoplasm. The colors will mostly be in the background instead of the static turning into it you can learn to move and manipulate the static separately if you wanted to.

Jihiji12 said:

I have always had this, both of these ever since i was a kid. My mother had this too. It basically can be described as what almost looks like transparent tiny balls floating around and moving in the air...i always thought it was their atoms in the past. Why i see it i am not sure. It definately does not look like static to me, but perhaps i am describing something different.

As for the color swirls you see in the pitch dark, this can be a signal that your third eye is somewhat open. I not only see blue and purple but also sometimes violent and green. I thought this was normal for everyone until i asked around...a lot of others do not experience it. I have always had this and my third eye has always been somewhat open.

Shadowcat said:
Jihiji12 said:

I have always had this, both of these ever since i was a kid. My mother had this too. It basically can be described as what almost looks like transparent tiny balls floating around and moving in the air...i always thought it was their atoms in the past. Why i see it i am not sure. It definately does not look like static to me, but perhaps i am describing something different.

As for the color swirls you see in the pitch dark, this can be a signal that your third eye is somewhat open. I not only see blue and purple but also sometimes violent and green. I thought this was normal for everyone until i asked around...a lot of others do not experience it. I have always had this and my third eye has always been somewhat open.

I think you're describing something different, but thats good to know about the third eye.

A big goal of mine for a while now has been to regain the ability to see spirits & find out what exactly is in my house

Weid said:
So think of visual snow as one layer of reality. If you focus on the visual snow you'll be able to produce colors or ectoplasm. The colors will mostly be in the background instead of the static turning into it you can learn to move and manipulate the static separately if you wanted to.

I'll try this out and see how it works

Gearhead said:
I have similar symptoms; I also see persistent static and shades of purple in the dark. I also experience many of the same comorbidities in the Wikipedia article--tinnitus, bright points of light, floaters, afterimages. Very occasionally, when I manage to relax my mind sufficiently (usually post-orgasm), I see distinguishable shapes and objects in the same shade of purple. My personal theory is it indicates some sort of "disconnect" or "injury" within the soul which prevents proper astral vision, but this is just based on a gut feeling and nothing else.

It could very well be some sort of injury. I personally dont think it affects astral vision all that much, as ive seen spirits as clear as a friend or family member in the past, but i could be wrong

Thanks for bringing this up. I've been experiencing the exact same and now have a better understanding of it thanks to that wiki page. I'm glad this post stopped me from continuing thinking it was purely astral vision stuff. I mostly see the blueish-violet starburst (last night being the most recent) but have experienced the others like stronger after images at times and the tinnitus which has been tolerable for me personally.

Jihiji12 said:
Shadowcat said:
Jihiji12 said:

I think you're describing something different, but thats good to know about the third eye.

A big goal of mine for a while now has been to regain the ability to see spirits & find out what exactly is in my house
[t/quote]

the 7th of February is a good day to start a moon square which can help with your third eye and intuition. That might help you out a bit, including working on your astral senses in general. If you start to feel bad energy from whatever maybe giving you company you might want to wait 'till the next Scorpio or Capricorn waning moon for a banishing ritual.

Shadowcat said:
]

the 7th of February is a good day to start a moon square which can help with your third eye and intuition. That might help you out a bit, including working on your astral senses in general. If you start to feel bad energy from whatever maybe giving you company you might want to wait 'till the next Scorpio or Capricorn waning moon for a banishing ritual.

Thanks, i need to do a moon square anyway for other reasons. Would a spiritual one to empower my natal moon also indirectly work on the third eye?

Also, its nothing negative thankfully, I'm pretty sure its human & I'm just curious why it hangs around & bothers people

Jihiji12 said:
Shadowcat said:
]

Thanks, i need to do a moon square anyway for other reasons. Would a spiritual one to empower my natal moon also indirectly work on the third eye?

Also, its nothing negative thankfully, I'm pretty sure its human & I'm just curious why it hangs around & bothers people
Would a spiritual one to empower my natal moon also indirectly work on the third eye?

yes i believe it would

Jihiji12 said:
NinRick said:
Jihiji12 said:

I see purple shapes but the focus of the post was because i was seeing what was in the link, yes.

I did some quick research and a doctor wouldnt help as there is no cure

I had something similar, but only when doing some void or flame meditation. Also variations of blue and purple when I worked on my 3rd eye and 6th chakra. Given what you say and the fact that you have been seeing this for quite a while you could go ahead and see the doctor to be sure. IDK about the frequency those things appear...

EasternFireLion666 said:
I had something similar, but only when doing some void or flame meditation. Also variations of blue and purple when I worked on my 3rd eye and 6th chakra. Given what you say and the fact that you have been seeing this for quite a while you could go ahead and see the doctor to be sure. IDK about the frequency those things appear...

The purple only shows up after i do third eye work usually.

As for the snow its not really a bother, I'll just deal with it for now. My doctor is almost impossible to get into contact with & i dont really feel like taking a bunch of pills that may or may not work for something that i thought was normal for 20 years

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back