Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Significance of surviving a Near-Death Experience

So earlier today I was sitting at a red light when a giant tow truck decided to rear end my sedan at full speed, even though the light was still red...

The driver ending up swerving at the last second and clipped the back-right of my vehicle, causing him to spin out at the intersection ahead of me...but in the process he blew out my back windshield and demolished the back-right and the back-side areas of my car. If he would've hit me another 5 feet or so to the left, I would've been crushed to death. Miraculously, I came out of the vehicle unharmed.

Am I considered lucky to be alive even though he ruined my night and made my car completely inoperable?

So many thoughts and questions are racing through my head now as a result of almost experiencing death such as all of my regrets that I've ever had in life.....like what if I did this, or what if I did that...or....was I being protected?.....or....why did i waste half of my life doing x y and z if im just going to end up dying at a moment's notice?....or thinking about all the people who would've attended my funeral....or...where would i have gone if I died?.... etc etc

I feel like this event was some type of catalyst for me to have a transformative perspective on life and death and what really matters and to not let the little things bother me.

Is there any significance to this?
Is there only significance to this if I give it significance?

The significance is that the Gods have protected you and you're still alive and unharmed.
I happened to experience something similar, I flew over a hill, the car was completely trashed, I came out without a scratch, thank the Gods.

Do a ritual of thanksgiving to the Gods.

Sounds like get your head off you ass event. Or maybe not, but you came out unharmed which is the important part. Now, you should set your priorities straight.

I survived a NDE once.

I was crammed into a van with a bunch of other people to sell vacuums door to door. We were on the highway and the driver of our van veered onto the oncoming lane at about 70 miles an hour with a semi truck coming right towards us. At the last fucking second he noticed and swerved back into our lane. Just a moment later and we would have all been dead. Pretty sure he had been drinking too. I was pretty shaken up after that and well pissed off really. I quit my vacuum sales job that very day.

of the true light said:
I survived a NDE once.

I was crammed into a van with a bunch of other people to sell vacuums door to door. We were on the highway and the driver of our van veered onto the oncoming lane at about 70 miles an hour with a semi truck coming right towards us. At the last fucking second he noticed and swerved back into our lane. Just a moment later and we would have all been dead. Pretty sure he had been drinking too. I was pretty shaken up after that and well pissed off really. I quit my vacuum sales job that very day.

Holy fuck that is crazy.

slyscorpion said:
of the true light said:
I survived a NDE once.

Holy fuck that is crazy.
It shook me up good.

Yah.

Death coming close in many ways, whether present or passive, forces us to be introspective. I have had similar experiences. I think some reasons why this is happening is because your higher self wants you to live a fulfilled life and is making you question why you didn't take certain opportunities/chances. Essentially, why you didn't pursue your life to the best of your ability while you could/can. Even though arguably, we are all doing our best, there are always things we can do better. If you are lucky, you are given the chance to try again.

Consider the possibility that it could be a little bit of after shock of such a traumatic event too?

Anyways, all this aside, I'm sorry that happened to you. Thank the Gods you are fine. It is ok to feel like your night or day was ruined. Our vehicles are our freedoms and traffic accidents are always shitty. Please make sure to make yourself a cup of tea and try to relax.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back