Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

The New Generation - Social Networking Sites

Welcome everyone!

I didn't really want to write this post, but lately I've been noticing more and more how and to what extent the new generation is using social networking sites. While primary school age children already have their phones in their hands, using their devices more than some adults, it can be very strange and perhaps hectic, and it makes you wonder why this is the case.

These children are not to blame, it is the parent who is to blame to some extent in this situation, who would rather give the child the phone just to keep them quiet and not engage with them until they get into these social networking sites. Then he starts to use it, he sees a lot of things that are new to him and of course he likes them.

These social networking sites, they are becoming more and more popular with children, unfortunately.

As long as these impressionable kids get into it, it can be hard to stop. Who knows what things they may see there that they don't even know what they saw at the time, Many "influencers" manipulate them, developing a sense of addiction to this norm. There's nothing wrong with that, it's just that a lot of kids can be manipulated by that kind of content.

Unfortunately, the list goes on and on... The new generation should be kept away from such things up to a certain age, explain things to them, but it's hard because their peers are all talking about it, so it's hard not to hear them. The boys have been playing shooter, bloody/war video games since they were little, and the girls are out there taking selfies on social media.

As soon as a girl stops doing what the others are doing, she is slowly ostracised from society as they don't show off to gain a 'following'. These "followers" include who knows how many sick people pretending to be minors.

There are age restrictions on most social networking sites, as it is not even allowed to register on such platforms before a certain age, and it is not even advisable to create an account below a certain age. Creating these accounts just for the sake of coolness/"flex" is saddening.

Again, I would not have written this post if I had not come across something. I was watching a video in the comments section below and a little kid commented on the video claiming to be ***** years old (I deliberately don't want to write down his age, but from what he wrote I could deduce that, sure enough, he probably started primary school not that long ago).

By the way, this guy didn't really spell out what he wanted to say, and that would have been fine, but this is the part that makes you think... Someone writes to him saying "You should be able to spell!", "Why write if you can't even spell?" etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. Most of these were teenagers/teenagers and it's weird how they reacted.

I was shocked, I felt sorry for the poor guy, because now think about it. He can't even fully comprehend it, he doesn't even fully understand it, just spite is flowing towards him. The guy didn't post anything afterwards, unsurprisingly. The poor guy subscribes to platforms to get his happiness and meets people like this.

This is why children should not be allowed near the internet until a certain age,

I'm saying that I think they should be playing outside in the garden at that age, playing catch/hide and seek, not on the internet. Things like that can completely change the young generation. It's not necessarily the parents who are the bad ones who give them the phone, because even if they didn't give it to them, they would still find a way to do/start doing these things.

A parent who does everything for their child, works to make sure they have food/food, everything they need, is wonderful.

Unfortunately, this is brought about by technology, which is rapidly evolving and needs to adapt. There are good and bad sides to this. It's not the fault of the current generation, they are growing up in a different world where Wi-Fi is taken for granted, you can't do anything without it.

Best regards, BrightSpace666

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back