Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Why do doctors have a ugly hand writing

One Wire Phenomenon

I don't know if it's the same in other countries but in mine the doctors write extremely ugly. For example if you get sick the doctor writes what medications you must go get at the pharmacy on on a piece of paper. It's looks like scratches and no normal person can read it. I'm asking this because I'm just curious. Is it because they have a IQ that I so high or is it because they need to be secret or something.
I don't even know the guy behind the counter at the pharmacy can read something like that.Its really looks like a 5 year old just scribbled something. You cannot make out what is a A B or C it's almost impossible.

One Wire Phenomenon said:
I don't know if it's the same in other countries but in mine the doctors write extremely ugly. For example if you get sick the doctor writes what medications you must go get at the pharmacy on on a piece of paper. It's looks like scratches and no normal person can read it. I'm asking this because I'm just curious. Is it because they have a IQ that I so high or is it because they need to be secret or something.
I don't even know the guy behind the counter at the pharmacy can read something like that.Its really looks like a 5 year old just scribbled something. You cannot make out what is a A B or C it's almost impossible.

You are wondering about a lot of random things lol

Doctors do this purposefully on prescriptions so it would be hard for somebody to make a fake counterfeit copy of one. If their writing was very simple, it would be easy to copy it.

Perhaps is because their hand writing represents their (((rat faces))). :lol:

Ol argedco luciftias said:
Doctors do this purposefully on prescriptions so it would be hard for somebody to make a fake counterfeit copy of one. If their writing was very simple, it would be easy to copy it.

That means the people behind the counter had special training to decode the doctors writing style or something

Perhaps not much behind it! Other than years spent at med school and developing the ability to write quickly.

Ol argedco luciftias said:

I checked up on this and it's no so because from a site I read said that most docters use electronic means now so it's cannot be because for secrecy. They said one of the reasons is because they have to take so many notes and years of doing this made them write like that. It's understandable.

Anyway I could of just searched it but I didn't think of that at the time. Also it seems to be a world wide phenomenon. There are a lot of articles about it lol

Occam's razor = not wasting time making things look pretty is my guess
plus they are looking after probably hundreds of people a day so they have to write as quickly as possible

Woden said:
One Wire Phenomenon said:

To the 'lay' person in the street it seems this way. When both M.D. and Pharm.D (doctor/pharmacist) go to college and get their degrees they learn how to read and write medical documents, with all the Latin and Greek terminology. If you look very carefully you'll see letters and symbols with dosage.

They get kickbacks from each other, it's all part of medical/pharmaceutical Industry that has more money than small countries.

O ok good to know thanx

I am doctor. My senior doctor sir told us that every doctor should have stylish hand writing. I hope you understand now why their writing so ugly..

In fact, as a doctor , I suggest all medical students that now our world is improving with many modern technical things.
I don't write my prescription. I type them. and my patience can easily understand them.

Hail Satan.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back