Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Is the Rider-Waite tarot deck jewish?

Soul Wings

(sorry mods I am forgetful sometimes, if I already posted this topic and it's just in que please don't post thanks 🦧)

I haven't found much meaning in the Rider-Waite deck and the foreward of the deck was written by someone with a jewish last name. Literally everyone around me that uses Tarot has told me to use this deck but I feel not that much when I use it, despite it being somewhat complex in illustration. I have a separate Lenormand deck I use, which is much better, since it's simpler, and it's a beautiful deck but there are elements of it (jesus on the cross card - symbolic for burden) that annoy me.

Does anyone have any recommendations of perhaps other types of decks I can try? Or perhaps Lenormand with better/Satanic/occult illustrations?

Soul Wings said:
(sorry mods I am forgetful sometimes, if I already posted this topic and it's just in que please don't post thanks 🦧)

I haven't found much meaning in the Rider-Waite deck and the foreward of the deck was written by someone with a jewish last name. Literally everyone around me that uses Tarot has told me to use this deck but I feel not that much when I use it, despite it being somewhat complex in illustration. I have a separate Lenormand deck I use, which is much better, since it's simpler, and it's a beautiful deck but there are elements of it (jesus on the cross card - symbolic for burden) that annoy me.

Does anyone have any recommendations of perhaps other types of decks I can try? Or perhaps Lenormand with better/Satanic/occult illustrations?

Yes it's full of jewish symbolism, if that's the only deck you have, find the jew symbols on each card and black it out.

SiatrisTeloah said:
Soul Wings said:

Yes it's full of jewish symbolism, if that's the only deck you have, find the jew symbols on each card and black it out.

Sorry just saw the rest of your question... I like the Robin wood deck, it feels very Pagan to me.

I can recommend the Tarot of the Golden Wheel by Mila Losenko. It’s based on slavic pagan culture. It has no jewish symbols and it is not diverse (only white persons on the pictures).

SiatrisTeloah said:
Soul Wings said:

That's not going to fix anything. Especially if the entire thing was made to hook into Jewish symbols and ideas and curses against us. I heard many of the images on the cards themselves connected into various Jewish stories and some even had Hidden Hebrew letters in them. If you like do a search on this I could have sworn someone wrote something detailed on this pointing out several cards. I remember it.

slyscorpion said:
I heard many of the images on the cards themselves connected into various Jewish stories and some even had Hidden Hebrew letters in them. If you like do a search on this I could have sworn someone wrote something detailed on this pointing out several cards. I remember it.
I am having a look now, I just wanted general confirmation from people who know more than me. I haven't really had a good look at the entire deck for a while now. Yes indeed the Wheel of Fortune card from the Rider-Waite deck has hebrew on it and I never consciously realised. I do remember thinking the "symbols" on it were weird when I first got it (and I knew less). I saw "TAROT" but not " TORA" the way it's properly meant to be read too. Not gonna lie, I feel a bit sick. Fuck knows what the hell else has been in there while I've been spiritually vulnerable. I have used it for divination and it has worked for specific things, but I'm going to chalk that down to the fact that it was stolen from a system that actually works. At least a positive side is that other decks should be a little easier to ease into. I think I will be recycling these and buying a new deck.

When I use my lenormand deck I can smell things and images/meanings in my head come much easier.

Thanks for the deck suggestions, I'll check these out.

slyscorpion said:
SiatrisTeloah said:
Soul Wings said:

That's not going to fix anything. Especially if the entire thing was made to hook into Jewish symbols and ideas and curses against us. I heard many of the images on the cards themselves connected into various Jewish stories and some even had Hidden Hebrew letters in them. If you like do a search on this I could have sworn someone wrote something detailed on this pointing out several cards. I remember it.

This may be true, I didn't have a lot of time to go into details when answering the post. Before I came to Satan I had a rider waite deck for many years. The wheel of fortune is just one example, looking closer you can make out the letters that spell TORA and there's hebrew glyphs hidden in plain sight, and symbolism on the pillars of The High Priestess card. It's probably best to just get a different deck altogether, rider waite is not good to use.

Soul Wings said:
slyscorpion said:
I heard many of the images on the cards themselves connected into various Jewish stories and some even had Hidden Hebrew letters in them. If you like do a search on this I could have sworn someone wrote something detailed on this pointing out several cards. I remember it.
I am having a look now, I just wanted general confirmation from people who know more than me. I haven't really had a good look at the entire deck for a while now. Yes indeed the Wheel of Fortune card from the Rider-Waite deck has hebrew on it and I never consciously realised. I do remember thinking the "symbols" on it were weird when I first got it (and I knew less). I saw "TAROT" but not " TORA" the way it's properly meant to be read too. Not gonna lie, I feel a bit sick. Fuck knows what the hell else has been in there while I've been spiritually vulnerable. I have used it for divination and it has worked for specific things, but I'm going to chalk that down to the fact that it was stolen from a system that actually works. At least a positive side is that other decks should be a little easier to ease into. I think I will be recycling these and buying a new deck.

When I use my lenormand deck I can smell things and images/meanings in my head come much easier.

Even the ones created by Pagans (there were a bunch of these online last I checked) are much better. The key I think is find something you personally like and clicks with you and your energy. I think there is not one "right one" that has to be used all the time. However avoiding one's created by Jews is important.

Also if you are buying online do a search on the deck you choose there may be a place where it goes through a bunch of the Cards with images of them. You can get a feel for that if you like it or not better that way.

Soul Wings said:
slyscorpion said:

I could have sworn it said tora backwards, I still have just a few of the cards from that deck in my spell kits, I can't tell what it says because I blacked it out long ago, sorry if the information I gave was not accurate..

Soul Wings said:
slyscorpion said:

Check "Wildwood Tarot" out, Im using this one

Soul Wings said:

Try The Witches Tarot. It's beautiful and free of any jewish filth.

Soul Wings said:

Hello, I use the Witches Tarot by Ellen Dugan. Its name may make it sound like a new-age deck, but it's traditional on the names of the cards and illustrations. It's inspired on the Rider Waite deck.

It has no hebrew letters or any other jewish symbols. Plus, the Arcanum XV is called "the shadow side" instead of "the devil" (and contains a "shadowy figure" instead of a creature with horns for the illustration). The illustrations are pretty, the material is good, and if you can find it without the companion book, it's very cheap.

Thank you both for the suggestion, I'm having a look now. I must admit I've been having a blast looking at flip-throughs.
I have a question though, if rider-waite is jewish, does that not mean that the tarot system its based on (it seems like classic playing deck cards with suits etc) could potentially be jewish as well? Forgive me if the question seems ignorant. I also noticed some change decks completely to something else - pentacles to wheels, for example, and wonder if there's a reason for that too.

Soul Wings said:

Thank you both for the suggestion, I'm having a look now. I must admit I've been having a blast looking at flip-throughs.
I have a question though, if rider-waite is jewish, does that not mean that the tarot system its based on (it seems like classic playing deck cards with suits etc) could potentially be jewish as well? Forgive me if the question seems ignorant. I also noticed some change decks completely to something else - pentacles to wheels, for example, and wonder if there's a reason for that too.
No tarot is not jewish. Rider Waite took the already existing tarot system and inserted jewish symbols into it. But the system itself is valid. Just that there are decks that contain jewish symbols and some not.

Also decks that change wands into rods, pentacles into wheels just do it for aesthetic purposes and are basically the same under a new cover. This can confuse new readers though and a deck that is simple and to the point with much detailed pictures is best for beginners.

Dypet Rod said:
Soul Wings said:

Hello, I use the Witches Tarot by Ellen Dugan. Its name may make it sound like a new-age deck, but it's traditional on the names of the cards and illustrations. It's inspired on the Rider Waite deck.

It has no hebrew letters or any other jewish symbols. Plus, the Arcanum XV is called "the shadow side" instead of "the devil" (and contains a "shadowy figure" instead of a creature with horns for the illustration). The illustrations are pretty, the material is good, and if you can find it without the companion book, it's very cheap.
Look who's back! Hello there, your avatar is now suited for winter :D

Aquarius said:
Look who's back! Hello there, your avatar is now suited for winter :D

Hello, Aquarius :) Well, I wish it was winter in my country haha. I changed my avatar a while ago actually, though not with the intention to synchronize it with the current season.

I've been a long period without posting indeed, but I'm always reading the forums and mainly catching up with the most important announcements.

Soul Wings said:

The Rider Waite-Smith tarot deck has Hebrew letters. Any tarot deck that has Hebrew letters is an abomination and shouldn’t be used by Gentiles, especially SS.

This is an old sermon by HPS Maxine on how the “Devil” tarot card is a Jewish corruption: https://archive.is/LdM6X

These are tarot decks that don’t have the Devil card or Hebrew letters:

Witches Tarot by Ellen Dugan
The Druidcraft Tarot by Philip Carr-Gomm
The Wildwood Tarot by John Matthews and Mark Ryan
The Green Witch Tarot by Ann Moura
Forest of Enchantment Tarot by Lunaea Weatherstone

Academic Scholar said:
The Rider Waite-Smith tarot deck has Hebrew letters. Any tarot deck that has Hebrew letters is an abomination and shouldn’t be used by Gentiles, especially SS.

This is an old sermon by HPS Maxine on how the “Devil” tarot card is a Jewish corruption: https://archive.is/LdM6X

These are tarot decks that don’t have the Devil card or Hebrew letters:

Witches Tarot by Ellen Dugan
The Druidcraft Tarot by Philip Carr-Gomm
The Wildwood Tarot by John Matthews and Mark Ryan
The Green Witch Tarot by Ann Moura
Forest of Enchantment Tarot by Lunaea Weatherstone

Thank you for sharing your insightful comment! It has helped me a lot on narrowing down which decks are best suited for us Satanists. Some other ones I saw are hideous and contain Qliphoths and 11-pointed stars (such as the one linked below).
https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/552816922994056294/

The Robinwood deck is the most appealing to me yet card XV is titled "the Devil" without any such depiction. The name however shouldn't be a huge issue because it means "Divine" in Hindi (as mentioned by Maxine) and its modern definition and depictions are merely a corruption of the original root word. (What isn't a corruption these days lol).

The Witches Deck seems my next best option yet I'm sort of picky. I don't like how it uses the word "Karma" in place of "Judgement" and "Wheel of the Year" instead of "Wheel of Fortune". Other than that it seems it would be an excellent option, plus the artwork and pagan nature of it is phenomenal. The other ones seem to diverge greatly from the original depictions seen in decks from the early 20th century but I'm sure they work just as well.

I have one question for you about the Devil card. Do we use variations of it the same way as it would be normally used? (For misfortune?) I don't see this as inherently bad (like with the death card) but rather a law of nature that everyone faces daily. Thanks for your time and sorry to talk your ear off! :lol:

As an aside, I wanted to post some things I learned about the history of tarot for other readers who may not know about it.
I was digging hoping to find the first tarot deck ever made but the history is a mess, albeit quite interesting.

I learned that the first deck known to ever exist was the Marziano tarot deck conceived by Marziano da Tortona and created by Michelino da Besozzo in Milan between 1412 and 1425. There are no surviving depictions, though Robert M Place recreated this deck in 2015 based on writings from Tortona. In this deck the trump cards are based on Roman Gods. These cards and the ones that soon followed (in northern Itally) weren't used for divination but rather as playing cards. Various other decks soon followed that portrayed the different positions in monarchy systems. The second deck created was the Visconti-Sforza (1425) named after the Duke of Milan Filippo Visconti and commissioned by his son-in-law. It also just so happens to contain the first depiction of the XV Devil card (horns and all).

In the mid-15th century, Antoine Court encountered a gypsy who used tarot cards in fortune telling. He was convinced that these cards were taken from the lost Book of Thoth which he later wrote about in his books. This inspired French occultist Etteilla to form the Grand Etteilla Tarot deck, the first one made for divination. The "Devil" card here was titled "Violence" and it depicted a winged figure standing on a pillar with two opposing figures below shackled to the pillar, which infers the dichotomy of good and evil.
This gave way to later decks, such as the Rider Waite deck (1910) and the Ordo Templi Orientis' Thoth deck, commissioned by Aleister Crowley and published in 1969.

The history shows that this devil card had always been around, however it was originally created by the Roman monarchy and was integrated into later tarot decks. This has the Vatican's hideous influence written all over it.

I personally believe that since these gypsies came from the Middle East it is more than likely that these practices originated from Egypt. Thoth is the God of the Moon, as well as magic, reckoning, learning and knowledge. Given what we know about the moon's powers divination this would no doubt fall into this category as well.

Anyway, sorry for the ramble! ^_^

Academic Scholar said:

Just to warn others, the Grand Eitteilla Tarot deck seems to have been infested by the enemy at some point. Later renditions of card #14 changed from violence to the devil. Any reprints sold that I can find anywhere have the devil card, yet original copies do not.

Below is a picture demonstrating this change. Evil kikes....

Devil-Tarot.webp

I'm not sure when this changed occurred but I'm thinking it was in the latest renditions around 1960 or 1971. It's hard to find information on this however. There are so many reprints!

For those interested in researching the history of Tarot I found an awesome forum:

https://www.tarotforum.net/

Soul Wings said:

Hi, I don't know if you find yourself a deck yet but here is a post I made for every tarot deck recommended in the forum and a guide on what to check on decks for Jewish symbols though it's not in English:

Pammy said:

There are pictures and links to Youtube flip-through videos for 30 or so decks.

Thank you very very much.
I haven't found a deck yet, but admittedly I haven't really had a super in depth look at suggested decks yet either. Your information will help me lots. Thank you again.

Pammy said:
Soul Wings said:

Hi, I don't know if you find yourself a deck yet but here is a post I made for every tarot deck recommended in the forum and a guide on what to check on decks for Jewish symbols though it's not in English:

Pammy said:

There are pictures and links to Youtube flip-through videos for 30 or so decks.
Thank you for making this post, I am looking through it and using an online translator to read it :)

Lydia [JG said:
" post_id=329132 time=1645962750 user_id=57]
Thank you for making this post, I am looking through it and using an online translator to read it :)

Soul Wings said:

You're welcome! Just, please bear in mind that the post is incomplete to point out all Jewish things in Rider Waite, Saintess reading Tora for example. It's not included because... I forgot to add. There are probably other things I didn't notice.

I read your whole post, I had always found the christian symbolism in tarot frustrating because I cannot "relate" to the imagery. A lot of evil secret orders (rosicrucians, templars etc.) were knights back then and I didn't like the "knighthood" symbolism either.
I can't believe how many decks are out there and how hard it's been for me to find something. If anyone else reading is having any trouble please go look at Pammy's thread (use https://www.reverso.net ): https://ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?p=319671#p319671
I was looking at Miss Cleo's deck as a replacement to my Rider-Waite as the cards appear to have meaning and I also like the symbolism and simplicity of it. Plus Anubis is in the Death card, I love it!!
Would you say the Kawaii Tarot is more for people who have a decent grasp on the meanings? I really love the simplicity of it (and the cuteness) but I'd be afraid I wouldn't be able to glean meanings as a relative beginner from something so simple.

Soul Wings said:
I read your whole post, I had always found the christian symbolism in tarot frustrating because I cannot "relate" to the imagery. A lot of evil secret orders (rosicrucians, templars etc.) were knights back then and I didn't like the "knighthood" symbolism either.
I can't believe how many decks are out there and how hard it's been for me to find something. If anyone else reading is having any trouble please go look at Pammy's thread (use https://www.reverso.net ): https://ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?p=319671#p319671
I was looking at Miss Cleo's deck as a replacement to my Rider-Waite as the cards appear to have meaning and I also like the symbolism and simplicity of it. Plus Anubis is in the Death card, I love it!!
Would you say the Kawaii Tarot is more for people who have a decent grasp on the meanings? I really love the simplicity of it (and the cuteness) but I'd be afraid I wouldn't be able to glean meanings as a relative beginner from something so simple.

This reminds me i have a tarot deck that I bought a long time ago and never used but I don't know how to use this. It is the Familiars deck mostly pictures of animals. I found it when cleaning out stuff.

What about the fact that apparently it was in a Christian's home for a bit and has somewhat of the scent of that Christian on it along with energy somehow. Does this corrupt it and make it not useable should I throw it out cause of this.

Also any guide on how to use this in a Satanic way.

Soul Wings said:

Miss Cleo's Tarot really seems nice. I love Ancient Egypt. My problem with this deck would be its size. My first Rider Waite was the same size and thickness and it was too big for my hands. That may be not the situation for you though.

Kawaii tarot is adorable! However, I don't think I can look at four lollypops and think ''oh, celebration'' as people dancing in joy and blossoms/grapes suspended between wands gives that meaning in common decks while castle in the background represents a safe environment and peace. Visuals help me to feel the meaning behind the card. But again, I don't know how you connect to your cards.

In the end, there are probably hundreds of decks out there. The imagery of the deck I'm using felt right for me, but the cards were very thin and cheap. I choose to give up quality to connect with the images. And it's perfect for me. I don't know which one is perfect for you.

Between Miss Cleo's and Kawaii, Kawaii is prettier but has no use if three cups flying in the air don't mean teamwork to you. Still, if I had to choose between two, I'd get Kawaii because shuffling with Miss Cleo's Tarot would hurt my hands.

My approach is mostly ''This feels right. I have to get it no matter what.'' Not the healthiest approach but... So I'm going to tell you to pick the deck which feels right most.

slyscorpion said:
This reminds me i have a tarot deck that I bought a long time ago and never used but I don't know how to use this. It is the Familiars deck mostly pictures of animals. I found it when cleaning out stuff.

What about the fact that apparently it was in a Christian's home for a bit and has somewhat of the scent of that Christian on it along with energy somehow. Does this corrupt it and make it not useable should I throw it out cause of this.

I'm not sure if it'll help but I can give my perspective.
That deck looked lovely when I took a look. It has beautiful artwork and lots of cats.
Since I mostly shop second hand, I have had other people's energy lingering on things xtian or no, but the best way to get rid of it is to acknowledge yourself as the new owner (just like having a party in your house chases away bad energy). Find something nice to put it in (I use a black scarf, many find boxes or bags) to help acknowledge it as yours. My homebrew rituals are pretty simple, something like "this is mine and no previous energy is in this object", "this is Satanic" and imagine a cleansing light like the aura cleaning on the object. Sometimes I will put things outside for a while I want to "reset" in a way.
Any items that are stubborn are not worth the effort and should be given away.

I only threw away my rider-waite deck because it was wholly jewish (I couldn't rightfully give it away to a charity knowing the damage it could cause). Maybe if you really find it's unusable give it to charity, since it's only annoying xtians, as somebody else will just fine. My Lenormand deck has jesus in it, I've used it just fine for readings and I'm going to keep it since it's simply "annoying" for me; not a hinderance. I will be keeping it more for clarification purposes as the new decks will become my main.
Xtians use pagan stuff and pagans use xtian stuff unknowingly, sometimes it's just a thing that happens.

Soul Wings said:
slyscorpion said:

I'm not sure if it'll help but I can give my perspective.
That deck looked lovely when I took a look. It has beautiful artwork and lots of cats.
Since I mostly shop second hand, I have had other people's energy lingering on things xtian or no, but the best way to get rid of it is to acknowledge yourself as the new owner (just like having a party in your house chases away bad energy). Find something nice to put it in (I use a black scarf, many find boxes or bags) to help acknowledge it as yours. My homebrew rituals are pretty simple, something like "this is mine and no previous energy is in this object", "this is Satanic" and imagine a cleansing light like the aura cleaning on the object. Sometimes I will put things outside for a while I want to "reset" in a way.
Any items that are stubborn are not worth the effort and should be given away.

I only threw away my rider-waite deck because it was wholly jewish (I couldn't rightfully give it away to a charity knowing the damage it could cause). Maybe if you really find it's unusable give it to charity, since it's only annoying xtians, as somebody else will just fine. My Lenormand deck has jesus in it, I've used it just fine for readings and I'm going to keep it since it's simply "annoying" for me; not a hinderance. I will be keeping it more for clarification purposes as the new decks will become my main.
Xtians use pagan stuff and pagans use xtian stuff unknowingly, sometimes it's just a thing that happens.

Ok I will try that maybe with the word used in the banishing ritual sananda. I am going to start trying these cards. When I made a reply earlier on this I wasn't aware I had them as it was years ago I thought I had somehow lost that stuff I found it in a box in a closet.

Anyways it does have strong xtian energy on it I will try this a few times really don't want to throw it out. I will try Satanic blue fire too.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back