Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Suffering, the greatest teacher?

Dahaarkan

Spoiler: No. Not at all. Not in any capacity, way, shape or form.

I think too many people, as a coping mechanism, choose to embrace suffering as a positive thing in their life. Believing that this helps to develop their personality and make them stronger.

Let's first address the strength part. Pain, suffering and stress does not at all make you stronger. Perhaps after an excess of these you eventually become numb to it, but is this really a positive change?

So instead of addressing the root causes of your suffering you would rather embrace it until it can no longer affect you mentally or emotionally? Not to mention this is an illusion, you'd only be pushing that pain to the back of your mind and it would inflate like a bubble, causing you to have emotional meltdowns and outbursts from time to time as a result of repressing these traumas instead of dealing with them.

I know the main argument is that, the latest generations are too sheltered and thus they become weak and inept at life. I always find it interesting that one would choose to attribute this weakness to a lack of suffering and not to the jews who spend billions in poisonous media and propaganda to make them this way.

This needs not be a long post going in depth. This is a warning to those who have this belief that suffering will make them stronger. The fallacy in this logic is undeniable. If you believe this I want you to have a long look at third world countries.

The people who live in these places suffer all their lives. They suffer more than perhaps you can even imagine.

If suffering truly made people stronger, the populations of such places, who suffer through famines, plagues, wars, sharia law and other unspeakable horrors would be the strongest humanity has to offer. But they are not.

Suffering breaks people. It shatters their souls and corrupts them. It's why environments and countries where people suffer immeasurably are cesspools of the greatest degenerates and the lowest humanity has to offer. Consider this the next time you think of embracing suffering with open arms believing that it will make you "stronger".

I think the problem here is the attempt to justify the idea that suffering is not necessary. Suffering is necessary and must be endured, but there's nothing to be gained from pure suffering. Pain with a purpose, with a way forward, can give people something. What is meant here is perhaps more of a mental thing.

I had a conversation with the High Priest just a few days ago on this very topic. He said exactly this: a person can only take so much before they break. Chronic suffering is not something to be cherished in any way. Seeking out suffering to make yourself stronger or to "force growth" from yourself through overcoming it is also stupid. Life will throw enough challenges at you on its own; there is no need to pile on more yourself.

However, what I wholeheartedly believe is that when life does throw something your way, you face it head on. Avoidance is what makes problems chronic and how they grow out of control. And when you're in enough pain to where you finally decide to address the problem that by now has grown out of proportion, you focus all of your attention on it and neglect the rest of your life, and problems start to grow there too. That is how people get fucked up.

But then you learn. Ok, maybe doing this thing differently gives me this result instead, and I'm not in pain anymore. That is the value in it—the lessons you learn through overcoming suffering, not suffering just because.

I had a conversation with the High Priest just a few days ago on this very topic. He said exactly this: a person can only take so much before they break. Chronic suffering is not something to be cherished in any way. Seeking out suffering to make yourself stronger or to "force growth" from yourself through overcoming it is also stupid. Life will throw enough challenges at you on its own; there is no need to pile on more yourself.

However, what I wholeheartedly believe is that when life does throw something your way, you face it head on. Avoidance is what makes problems chronic and how they grow out of control. And when you're in enough pain to where you finally decide to address the problem that by now has grown out of proportion, you focus all of your attention on it and neglect the rest of your life, and problems start to grow there too. That is how people get fucked up.

But then you learn. Ok, maybe doing this thing differently gives me this result instead, and I'm not in pain anymore. That is the value in it—the lessons you learn through overcoming suffering, not suffering just because.
That's exactly what I wanted to say, a wonderful answer! Thank you!

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back