Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

New Member Introduction

ApolloAbove [JG]

Website
apolloabove.org
Hello all,

I have been an avid lurker for quite some time and I have already dedicated and advanced a bit, but I still have a lot to learn. I just wanted to introduce and finally make an account for myself.

I have quite a bit of experience with archiving and I run several archives already. I am working on slowly getting together a full offline copy of the forums, which I will share here in case of any enemy attacks that somehow bring the site offline. That way you can still reread any posts at your convenience without any internet. I suppose if you have a personal request to back up a website or material, let me know.

I am hoping to meet and talk with more of you!

DeepScrub said:
Hello all,

I have been an avid lurker for quite some time and I have already dedicated and advanced a bit, but I still have a lot to learn. I just wanted to introduce and finally make an account for myself.

I have quite a bit of experience with archiving and I run several archives already. I am working on slowly getting together a full offline copy of the forums, which I will share here in case of any enemy attacks that somehow bring the site offline. That way you can still reread any posts at your convenience without any internet. I suppose if you have a personal request to back up a website or material, let me know.

Welcome ! 😉

DeepScrub said:
Hello all,

Welcome, could you tell which software tool you use, some members did try to archive the forum with HTTrack Website copier tool (free/ if I remember right open source)? Or just give a overal statement, which tools are best to use, you could also write a guide for other people to use these tools, this would be highly beneficial for other members.

Fuchs said:

Welcome, could you tell which software tool you use, some members did try to archive the forum with HTTrack Website copier tool (free/ if I remember right open source)? Or just give a overal statement, which tools are best to use, you could also write a guide for other people to use these tools, this would be highly beneficial for other members.

Sure, I use wget from a Linux command line. It will only grab anything public facing, no private messages or hidden threads. With respect to the server hardware, I am performing the archiving quite slowly.

After, I'm going to convert every html file I downloaded into a pdf, and then package it up for everyone to easily use. There will be both a HTML offline copy and a pdf copy. Once I get everything together I will make another thread to share it and explain more details.

DeepScrub said:
Fuchs said:

Sure, I use wget from a Linux command line. It will only grab anything public facing, no private messages or hidden threads. With respect to the server hardware, I am performing the archiving quite slowly.

After, I'm going to convert every html file I downloaded into a pdf, and then package it up for everyone to easily use. There will be both a HTML offline copy and a pdf copy. Once I get everything together I will make another thread to share it and explain more details.

Much thanks.

HP.Hoodedcobra666 said:
In case you didn´t see what this user wants to do, you may have some improvement suggestion for the project.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back