Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

How you do motivation - a rough guide

Stormblood

[Disclaimer: This is a companion article to my guide on how to become organised, but it may be useful separately. I genuinely hope those who need this will take it seriously and grow into the best versions of themselves.]

You need to read page 109 to 177. It won't take long because you are fast readers. Here, I will include only the parts that need tweaks in order to fit with the topic at hand. Do not limit yourself to reading: the exercise provided in there exist to help you develop more self-awareness. If you skip them, it's pointless and you should also close this thread. Only proceed with this text after you've done your reading and exercises, or you won't understand why I am saying what I am saying.

Purpose
Statements in "I am" form can be used to great effect during self-hypnosis.

Write down your reasons for each of the goals in your action plan.

Let's do another exercise. Write down all the disadvantages you have to face if you do not learn how to become organised and set your goals properly. What will it cost you right now and in the future? For example, you could write: "I will have to keep dealing with procrastination and feeling miserable about remaining stuck where I am while others live their lives and rise to new heights. I may even regress and my psychological well being may worsen." The key is to make sure you feel the emotions. Don't make this an intellectual thing. Really feel the pain that you will have to if you don't do something about it. This is the only way for you to make a change last and to get you to follow through. This is important. Get into a trance as deep as you can, and use visualisation. Use all your five senses and add feelings to the experience.

An honest example of what may happen is that you'll end up unemployed and homeless, or that you'll have to settle for a job you hate, make very little money, have no spare time for yourself or anyone else, and you'll have to put up with this for the rest of your life, bored and frustrated. This will get you to do something about it! Do this exercise now!

After you've done this, it's time to write down all the benefits and advantages you will receive from becoming more organised. Do this for each goal you set for yourself. Make sure these are compelling enough to be backed with real emotion. You must really get yourself to see and feel the benefits of learning this material. Do it now! Again, enhanced visualisation like above here is really critical.

Every time you feel like giving up, remind yourself of the advantages and disadvantages. You should always start by reminding yourself of the disadvantages, then move to the benefits. This will leave you with the positivity you need to follow through. Every single one of your reasons will keep you motivated.

Now, let's consider how your chosen goals fit into your passion, identity, values, and reasons.

Remember at the end of the section there were exercises to do? Great! These will have helped you gain more self-awareness. Go back to what you wrote in response to the first of these. If there limiting identities among these statements, you should pick 2-3 at a time and change them into positive identities that will help you grow.

Self-awareness is ultimately what leads you a better life, which is why everyone should be grateful the meditation section is being updated by our outstanding Commander.

Energy
Let's make a recap of the 10 recommendations for quick reference.

1. A good brain diet.
Avocado, blueberries, broccoli [ew, especially how the British make them], dark chocolate, eggs, green leafy vegetables, salmon, sardines, caviar, turmeric, walnuts, water.
2. Brain nutrients
3. Exercise.
4. Killing ANTs.
5. A clean environment.
6. A positive peer group. This community is an example of a positive peer group, so be sure to be on the lookout for the most advanced AND the most caring members here, as they will always help you uplift yourself.
7. Brain protection.
8. New learning.
9. Stress management. AC, AoP and VM are great for this, as is hatha yoga.
10. SLEEP.

Small Simple Steps
From this chapter, I want you to think about the first awareness meditation provided by High Priest Hooded Cobra. He has included, as an optional part, remembering your dreams as soon as you wake up. The mnemonic technique provided by Jim Qwik is really useful for this. So, I am putting it here for easy reference.

:arrow: D for Decide: The night before, make a conscious decision that you're going to recall your dreams. If you set the intention, your chances improve dramatically.
:arrow: R for Record: Keep a pen and paper by your bedside, or even have a recording app readily available on your phone. As soon as you wake up, record any lingering remembrance of your dreams.
:arrow: E for Eyes: Keep your eyes closed right after you awaken. Dreams can disappear within minutes and, if you keep your eyes closed, this will help you reflect.
:arrow: A for Affirm: Before you go to sleep, affirm that you are going to remember your dreams, because affirmation is a critical tool in accomplishment.
:arrow: M for Manage: For lots of reasons but specifically here for the sake of remembering your dreams, it's important to manage your sleep and establish good sleep routines.
:arrow: S for Share: Talk about your dreams with others. When you do so, you bring them more and more to the surface, and you develop the routine of tapping into your dreams so you can discuss them later.

Final Word
This guide may as well be updated in the future, and any input in welcome if you want to discuss this and your experiences below. All the best!

What is VM? Void Managament?

I´m a big fan of first explaining something, then using the short form of it, otherwise you will repel inexperienced readers.

For my Aura of Protection (AoP) I use this affirmation:

"I´m at all times spiritually, physically and mentaly: safe, secure, motivated, purified, protected, powerfull, strong, and healthy in a positive way for me. x 18 reps.

Stormblood said:
[Disclaimer: This is a companion article to my guide on how to become organised, but it may be useful separately. I genuinely hope those who need this will take it seriously and grow into the best versions of themselves.]

You need to read page 109 to 177. It won't take long because you are fast readers. Here, I will include only the parts that need tweaks in order to fit with the topic at hand. Do not limit yourself to reading: the exercise provided in there exist to help you develop more self-awareness. If you skip them, it's pointless and you should also close this thread. Only proceed with this text after you've done your reading and exercises, or you won't understand why I am saying what I am saying.

Purpose
Statements in "I am" form can be used to great effect during self-hypnosis.

Write down your reasons for each of the goals in your action plan.

Let's do another exercise. Write down all the disadvantages you have to face if you do not learn how to become organised and set your goals properly. What will it cost you right now and in the future? For example, you could write: "I will have to keep dealing with procrastination and feeling miserable about remaining stuck where I am while others live their lives and rise to new heights. I may even regress and my psychological well being may worsen." The key is to make sure you feel the emotions. Don't make this an intellectual thing. Really feel the pain that you will have to if you don't do something about it. This is the only way for you to make a change last and to get you to follow through. This is important. Get into a trance as deep as you can, and use visualisation. Use all your five senses and add feelings to the experience.

An honest example of what may happen is that you'll end up unemployed and homeless, or that you'll have to settle for a job you hate, make very little money, have no spare time for yourself or anyone else, and you'll have to put up with this for the rest of your life, bored and frustrated. This will get you to do something about it! Do this exercise now!

After you've done this, it's time to write down all the benefits and advantages you will receive from becoming more organised. Do this for each goal you set for yourself. Make sure these are compelling enough to be backed with real emotion. You must really get yourself to see and feel the benefits of learning this material. Do it now! Again, enhanced visualisation like above here is really critical.

Every time you feel like giving up, remind yourself of the advantages and disadvantages. You should always start by reminding yourself of the disadvantages, then move to the benefits. This will leave you with the positivity you need to follow through. Every single one of your reasons will keep you motivated.

Now, let's consider how your chosen goals fit into your passion, identity, values, and reasons.

Remember at the end of the section there were exercises to do? Great! These will have helped you gain more self-awareness. Go back to what you wrote in response to the first of these. If there limiting identities among these statements, you should pick 2-3 at a time and change them into positive identities that will help you grow.

Self-awareness is ultimately what leads you a better life, which is why everyone should be grateful the meditation section is being updated by our outstanding Commander.

Energy
Let's make a recap of the 10 recommendations for quick reference.

1. A good brain diet.
Avocado, blueberries, broccoli [ew, especially how the British make them], dark chocolate, eggs, green leafy vegetables, salmon, sardines, caviar, turmeric, walnuts, water.
2. Brain nutrients
3. Exercise.
4. Killing ANTs.
5. A clean environment.
6. A positive peer group. This community is an example of a positive peer group, so be sure to be on the lookout for the most advanced AND the most caring members here, as they will always help you uplift yourself.
7. Brain protection.
8. New learning.
9. Stress management. AC, AoP and VM are great for this, as is hatha yoga.
10. SLEEP.

Small Simple Steps
From this chapter, I want you to think about the first awareness meditation provided by High Priest Hooded Cobra. He has included, as an optional part, remembering your dreams as soon as you wake up. The mnemonic technique provided by Jim Qwik is really useful for this. So, I am putting it here for easy reference.

:arrow: D for Decide: The night before, make a conscious decision that you're going to recall your dreams. If you set the intention, your chances improve dramatically.
:arrow: R for Record: Keep a pen and paper by your bedside, or even have a recording app readily available on your phone. As soon as you wake up, record any lingering remembrance of your dreams.
:arrow: E for Eyes: Keep your eyes closed right after you awaken. Dreams can disappear within minutes and, if you keep your eyes closed, this will help you reflect.
:arrow: A for Affirm: Before you go to sleep, affirm that you are going to remember your dreams, because affirmation is a critical tool in accomplishment.
:arrow: M for Manage: For lots of reasons but specifically here for the sake of remembering your dreams, it's important to manage your sleep and establish good sleep routines.
:arrow: S for Share: Talk about your dreams with others. When you do so, you bring them more and more to the surface, and you develop the routine of tapping into your dreams so you can discuss them later.

Final Word
This guide may as well be updated in the future, and any input in welcome if you want to discuss this and your experiences below. All the best!

Beautiful post. One should understand oneself and work the path as it suits the needs. Desire must be maintained and conquered on an active pursuit, by councious means.

Motivation comes from the female mind, this aspect must be also in focus. Achieving and forming a habit of satisfaction will form your character and way to be. You already have these things that must be cultured, discovered and perfected. This comes from knowing oneself and actual studying these subjects.

Another important thing is that knowing the psychology, mechanics and biases of these things, do not change much. It comes really to a second hand procrastination by justifying learning. Basically knowledge becomes a motive for laziness, an excuse of inaction. This is a passive quality, which is receiving information, yet the active part must be simultaneously done. Everything must be implemented as time goes by.

The environment, everything that surrounds you is critical to your well being in this regard, when starting to cultivate your desire. People, information everything. You need to clean and perfect everything, as you clean your soul, clean everything in relation to you.

A couple of years ago by the circumstances and a decisive idea, for 2 years I haven't used a phone for nothing else but communication. Not even sms or messaging. This is important. I also do not have social media. I was 17 when I deleted my Facebook. This was a great decision as for now, I have a habit of using the phone only for communication, nothing else.

Relating to your other post, I can say I used to organize my rituals and everything with an app called Ticktick. The premium is worth and a great companion.

Stormblood said:

Thank you so much for taking the time to put all of this together. I have been feeling like I need to come up with such a plan for the long run. I have been improvising for the past months as I have been living on the fast lane... I am making up the plans as I go, planning one working at a time, sometimes two... I do have somewhat of a dominant fire and for some occasions I did push myself to the limits... I have 5 earth signs, so I never really cared for the 4 fire signs and the very few water/air signs, but now that you mention it, there might be a connection there. Also the fact that I do fire exercises, probably doesn't help... Of course I will not give up this time no matter what, but this is also why I need to come up with a different strategy, re arrange my time according to my goals. I feel the path I'm taking right now is not organized and I had not been able to figure out how exactly to go about that. I am at a time in my life of deep transformation, and I am only at the very beginning of the journey that has started a few months ago... This guide comes exactly at the time that I need it the most. I really appreciate the effort you put into this.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back