Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Dagon in Mayan Mythology

Kavya Shukra

With the help of Dagon, I've come to the realization that he has indeed helped the Mayan culture a lot. He is known as the Mayan God Itzamna (which means Divine Fish (Itz- Divine) Amna (Fish/Caiman/Crocodile)

Dagon has 2 meanings: Corn and Fish. And that's where I immediately realized the connection between corn and Mesoamerican culture, and connected the etymology of Itzamna and him.

In Mayan Lore, Itzamna was responsible for giving the Mayans knowledge of medicine and use of herbs, and the Calendar of 260 Day Tzolkin Calendar (based off the number of days in a normal pregnancy), the Mayan Galactic Signatures, and the 360 Lunar Calendar.

The 260 Day Tzolkin Calendar is based off the 13 Sign Moon Cycles, and the 20 Sign Saturnian Cycles (13 x 20 is 260). And the regular 360 Lunar Calendar and 365 Solar Calendars.

The Mayan Calendar is one of the most detailed works of astronomy and it is thanks to him. With the patterns of Venus, The Moon and Saturn, they were able to predict with precision comets arriving, eclipses, and conjuctions.

The other planets play a role too, but Venus Moon and Saturn play a LARGE role in mapping out the rather delicately detailed calendar.

I have some doubts, I know that there are too many allegories in all the Mexican gods not only in the Mayas, since the representation that is given of Itzamna is somewhat strange, this is also because we suffer corruptions in codices and archaeology, everything points to that they only left what was convenient to not find similarities, however the rank of Dagon and Itzamna coincides which is a clear sign as well as the similarity of the name ZAGAN=ZAMNA, now there was Mayan archaeology that was abandoned as if they had "disappeared", from there comes the myth that the Mayas had "disappeared", however this was only a myth because in the invasion of 500 years ago the buildings had been abandoned, and these were manipulated and destroyed leaving us without even more interpretations of the gods.

I think your interest in these civilizations is great, greetings, and by the way maybe you will get the answer if the god Balam (Jaguar in Mayan) has any relation with King Balam in our demonology...

By the way the Mayas had their asiatic traits even stronger than the Aztecs, and at the same time I believe that the Olmecs are the ones who had already advanced more in mathematics, from there the Mayas supposedly got the number 0 etc...

I hope my message is understood.

DTone said:

I have some doubts, I know that there are too many allegories in all the Mexican gods not only in the Mayas, since the representation that is given of Itzamna is somewhat strange, this is also because we suffer corruptions in codices and archaeology, everything points to that they only left what was convenient to not find similarities, however the rank of Dagon and Itzamna coincides which is a clear sign as well as the similarity of the name ZAGAN=ZAMNA, now there was Mayan archaeology that was abandoned as if they had "disappeared", from there comes the myth that the Mayas had "disappeared", however this was only a myth because in the invasion of 500 years ago the buildings had been abandoned, and these were manipulated and destroyed leaving us without even more interpretations of the gods.

I think your interest in these civilizations is great, greetings, and by the way maybe you will get the answer if the god Balam (Jaguar in Mayan) has any relation with King Balam in our demonology...

By the way the Mayas had their asiatic traits even stronger than the Aztecs, and at the same time I believe that the Olmecs are the ones who had already advanced more in mathematics, from there the Mayas supposedly got the number 0 etc...

Yes. The Mayas do indeed have Asiatic traits, as they have Chinese and Japanese descent. Even the story of Ixchel, the Bunny and the Moon is based off Kaguya and the Moon, or Selene and Endymion in Greek

DTone said:

The Mayas are an extension of Polynesian, Japanese, Australian and Chinese culture.

For example, the Macuahuitl is inspired by the Hawaiian Shark Tooth blade.

Ixchel, the Bunny on the Moon, and her story is based off the Japanese tale of Kaguya, and Ishtar falling in love with a human and watching over him over the Moon. And the origin of the Moon and Venus symbol stolen by the Islam.

The importance of Jade, and its Chinese roots

The Temples and Pyramids were built near a lot of trees, to give the resemblance of the Jade Heaven (trees being green clouds and built on high altitudes), a nod to the Jade Emperor, Enlil.

Chaac is very similar to Thor and Shango, as he holds a blade and associated with rain and thunder

Hurakan (where we get Hurricane from) is Set (or Ninurta in Sumerian mythology), God of Storms and helper of making mankind.

The Mayan hand mudras can actually be seen in gang culture and their signs.

Teotehuacan was built during the Age of Ophiucus/Scorpio, hence the Dragon symbolism, and it's association with Thoth.

The Mexican Flag is actually the Sun in Ophiucus, Aquila, and Scorpio (the Nopal Tree), and the Goddess of Teotehuacan is Lilith. The Spider was one of the symbols for Scorpio, and the Milky Way was known as the Spider Web (Capricorn was known as the Crocodile, Gemini as the Monkeys, Leo as the Sun itself and even the Echidna/Porcupine).

Allegedly, if Mount Meru was the North Pole during the time of Atlantis, Hawaii and the Pacific would be the South Pole and Mexico would be right in between.

Exactly, there is a lot of similarity, I attach a photo that was circulating a lot at the time, where they make a facial reconstruction of Pakal, a Mayan king, the only detail is that in reality the skin color was darker than in the image:
180366646_1643758022477777_5080354499844671907_n-1024x1373.jpg

DTone said:
Exactly, there is a lot of similarity, I attach a photo that was circulating a lot at the time, where they make a facial reconstruction of Pakal, a Mayan king, the only detail is that in reality the skin color was darker than in the image:
180366646_1643758022477777_5080354499844671907_n-1024x1373.jpg

I've seen that. And you know what's crazy? I actually look very similar to the statue of the Mayan God HunahPu

And as for Balam being the Jaguar King, they do indeed correlate. Jaguars resemble the Constellation Leo, for one, for two, were known to be familiars given by the gods to the Mayan kings (in a similar fashion to Chinese guardian dogs guarding the Forbidden City) And the spots of the Jaguar resemble stars, hence their relationship with astrology, the night, and Balam being a night being. And the Galactic Signature of the White Wizard, the Jaguar Shaman.

Very interesting, honestly I do not dare to say much information about me, however my ancestry is from another root closer to the center of Mexico, I did not grow up with my race, however my paternal grandfather was the purest of race (Indian), but he married a white woman, and my mother is white, my dominant gene is that of my paternal race, the only thing that has changed is my skin color which is whiter, even my eyes are not so clear, it seems to me that the closest descendants to the Mayas are the Chortis. ..

About the jaguar cult, I had not noticed that the spots symbolized that but I had found a similarity with yoga, since jaguars were very flexible and some yoga experts were given that term, I think that the jaguar originally belonged to the Olmecs and later was transmitted to the Mayas....

Thanks for the information : )

This is a new era, the only thing left to do is to meditate, move forward and wake up to Satanism as many as we can, this information helps me a lot because many evangelized Mexicans refuse to believe that they have taken us away from our true gods....

DTone said:
Very interesting, honestly I do not dare to say much information about me, however my ancestry is from another root closer to the center of Mexico, I did not grow up with my race, however my paternal grandfather was the purest of race (Indian), but he married a white woman, and my mother is white, my dominant gene is that of my paternal race, the only thing that has changed is my skin color which is whiter, even my eyes are not so clear, it seems to me that the closest descendants to the Mayas are the Chortis. ..

About the jaguar cult, I had not noticed that the spots symbolized that but I had found a similarity with yoga, since jaguars were very flexible and some yoga experts were given that term, I think that the jaguar originally belonged to the Olmecs and later was transmitted to the Mayas....

Thanks for the information : )

This is a new era, the only thing left to do is to meditate, move forward and wake up to Satanism as many as we can, this information helps me a lot because many evangelized Mexicans refuse to believe that they have taken us away from our true gods....

They haven't taken us away from them. If anything, they try to distract us from them, and they failed miserably as the cracks can be seen, and the truth is shining through. But what's even more beautiful is connecting back to our Orionean, Sirian and Pleaidean roots, and to Polynesia, West Indian, Indonesia, Australia, China, Japan, India and Sumer, as they are in a way, our ancestors as far as the Mesoamericans are concerned. And as soon as we re-incorporate Satanism and restore those ancient cultures back, we're definitely heading towards the path towards collective evolution and excellence. There is hope.

Sorry to translate makes some words have a double meaning, I mean the same as you, we are distracted from them and the cracks are still there clearly, I hope the same as you, to reach a point of spiritual restoration ....

Kevin Hernandez said:
DTone said:

The Mayas are an extension of Polynesian, Japanese, Australian and Chinese culture.

For example, the Macuahuitl is inspired by the Hawaiian Shark Tooth blade.

Ixchel, the Bunny on the Moon, and her story is based off the Japanese tale of Kaguya, and Ishtar falling in love with a human and watching over him over the Moon. And the origin of the Moon and Venus symbol stolen by the Islam.

The importance of Jade, and its Chinese roots

The Temples and Pyramids were built near a lot of trees, to give the resemblance of the Jade Heaven (trees being green clouds and built on high altitudes), a nod to the Jade Emperor, Enlil.

Chaac is very similar to Thor and Shango, as he holds a blade and associated with rain and thunder

Hurakan (where we get Hurricane from) is Set (or Ninurta in Sumerian mythology), God of Storms and helper of making mankind.

The Mayan hand mudras can actually be seen in gang culture and their signs.

Teotehuacan was built during the Age of Ophiucus/Scorpio, hence the Dragon symbolism, and it's association with Thoth.

The Mexican Flag is actually the Sun in Ophiucus, Aquila, and Scorpio (the Nopal Tree), and the Goddess of Teotehuacan is Lilith. The Spider was one of the symbols for Scorpio, and the Milky Way was known as the Spider Web (Capricorn was known as the Crocodile, Gemini as the Monkeys, Leo as the Sun itself and even the Echidna/Porcupine).

Allegedly, if Mount Meru was the North Pole during the time of Atlantis, Hawaii and the Pacific would be the South Pole and Mexico would be right in between.

This is amazing information that I never read before. Thank you both for sharing it.

DTone said:
Sorry to translate makes some words have a double meaning, I mean the same as you, we are distracted from them and the cracks are still there clearly, I hope the same as you, to reach a point of spiritual restoration ....

And that point of spiritual restoration starts today and the day after and after that, and so on. It's just a matter of really acknowledging Indonesia and India/China as our parents and especially, Vishnu, will we be able to really return to not just our prime but even better than before, because reinvention and excellence are your best friends as far as achieving perfection goes. I can definitely feel and sense the curse already lifting, and just a breath of fresh air as we start to really start get this thing up and running, and to ascend to levels never before reached even in their time and peak. It's exciting and also challenging, as there is so much to do, and just so much goodness and growth. Don't give up, bro.

Another thing to note: The Mayan Pyramids are inspired by the Indonesian Besakih Temple (note the stairs having a serpent on the side) and the marking of human faces on the entrances of some of the temples, Balinese Temples dedicated to Hindu deities like Vishnu and Hanuman, etc. to the structure of the Pyramids and Temples that resemble star constellations across Mexico and northern South America. Indonesia is also very close to Myanmar, where Dagon is revered and worshipped and made the Shwedagon Pagoda in his honor. The Olmec Heads seem to be also inspired by the heads of Easter Island as well. This goes to show our Oriental roots as far as the Mayan culture goes, and even our connection to one particular deity: Vishnu.

Another interesting thing was the Olmec Zodiac:

Aries -> The Maize Farm
Taurus -> the Bull
Orion -> God's House (Auriga being the Farmer God, specifically, Enlil, and makes sense since he is known as the Bull of Heaven in Sumeria)
Gemini -> The Monkeys (symbol of the playful childlike nature of the mind and the imagination)
Cancer -> The Turtle (and hermit crab), symbol of the sage and wisdom, experience and home (the shell).
Leo -> The Sun (and the Jaguar, Porcupine/Echidna, the Man with arrows pierced on his back, resembling the Suns Rays or or the vertebrae of the spine, and pores all over the skin once the "arrows were removed")
Virgo -> The Mother Goddess
Libra-Scorpio-> The Spider (and the Milky Way was known as the Spider Web due to the galaxy shape looking like a web), on the tip of Scorpio's tail (or where the Spider made its web), symbol of life, death, rebirth, and the unconscious-subconscious world
Ophiucus -> Quetzalcoatl/Kukulkan, Giver of Knowledge and ability to reproduce and create life.
Sagittarius -> the Horse Cloud, symbol of spirit, breath, clouds, dreams, freedom of movement (much like a horse), the unseen realm, space, and energy. It would later be a symbol for shooting lightning or sun rays from the heavens.
Capricorn -> The Crocodile, watchers of the river and ensured boundaries and would later be association with the territorial nature and sense of order and stability of Capricorn.
Aquarius-> The Creator God
Pisces-> The Twin Fish Gods, the Ancestors of Mankind (a nod to mermaids and Dagon as well)

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back