Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

When is it acceptable to ask the Gods for things?

Taurus

by things i mean the ''specialty's'' certain gods have. for example on JoS it says Volac can help one find a good job, or Others can answer questions or find love for you or grant position and many other things. but how should this be addressed since its disrespectful to treat them like magic geenies.

when is it acceptable to ask? do they just help you or do they actually give some things?

Taurus said:
by things i mean the ''specialty's'' certain gods have. for example on JoS it says Volac can help one find a good job, or Others can answer questions or find love for you or grant position and many other things. but how should this be addressed since its disrespectful to treat them like magic geenies.

when is it acceptable to ask? do they just help you or do they actually give some things?
Basically when you're a noob and you can't achieve something essential with your own abilities. Always make sure to do something in return especially since now the world is on a frying pan and the Gods are needed everywhere all the time. It's a real privilege to get assisted by the Gods directly. Gremory once helped me and the only thing she asked in return was for me to help spread the truth more.

Blackdragon666 already answered the question but I just wanted to say Thoth gave me two Mr Big bars one time when I forgot lunch for work. I was just walking in and as I realized that he said "look in the vending machine" and they were just sitting there like someone bought two of them and walked away. Not the healthiest snack but lot of the time, you don't even need to ask. And those were pretty much the most filling thing I could have got.

In my 11 years of being a spiritual Satanist, I never went without. I got all my essential needs met, was able to pay my bills and Satan helped me pay down my student loans considerably.
One time I was in the subway back in 2020 and finished loading my pass card, to get on the transit system (bus, train, streetcar) and went up to street level.
A woman was standing over a $50 CDN bill, and it was legit. She was pointing at it and exclaiming how someone could have dropped it. I really wanted to just pick it up and walk away, the bill was still on the ground. But I looked at her and said, " you found it, it belongs to you." And walked away to street level. I was tight on funds and really wanting that extra $50 to buy non-essential things, but I thought I'd do the right thing.

About two months ago, I thought about that incident again. I don't have a lot of cash flow, but my dad called me while I was out, wondering where I was. He mentioned that we needed bananas. Since I was near the supermarket, I decided to get some on my way back home.
I was walking through the tunnel that connects street level to the subway, and as I went through some doors, there was a $50 CDN bill just sitting on the floor. I picked it up without question and stuffed it in my pocket. At the time (this was about 2 months ago) I needed some essential clothing which was pricey, but I had already bought a few and needed more. They cost about $49 and change each.

I thanked Satan profusely. Now I didn't need to do laundry every 2-3 days because I didn't have enough of these essential clothing.

During the Covid-19 pandemic, my whole family (my brother, father, aunt and me) were doing just fine. We were able to pay off our bills, no one got sick (except me, I got a minor cold at one time but it passed in 5-7 days and I was fine again), had plenty to eat and got our essential needs met (even if it was only shopping online for me, instead of going to the mall as usual, because of the lockdown at the time.)

This isn't the first time Satan has looked out for me. Many other times, I have widely escaped major accidents (like Alec Minassian plowing down people with his van on the sidewalk, killing many and injuring others) and I was going to walk on that route that afternoon, but took a different route that day instead and was downtown when it all went down.)

Another time, there was an outage of electricity throughout the entire city for 3 days in our building. That was a short time, compared to other neighborhoods. We (my dad, late mother, brother and I) were able to get hot food that day and stuffed everything into bags and put them on our balcony to save the food from the freezer (it was December, with lots of snow.)
We didn't have to throw out food and although I had to take a cold shower, we did okay. We stayed inside, kept warm easily and had hot food and hot drinks to consume.

Hail Satan!

Magus I'd be more careful with the location info on here, there's some potentially revealing stuff about your location in that post, not that I haven't seen worse. We need some more posts on how the Gods have helped us though. When I was starting out, reading about that sort of thing was really inspiring to me because it proves the Gods are real.

Godmode said:
Magus I'd be more careful with the location info on here, there's some potentially revealing stuff about your location in that post, not that I haven't seen worse. We need some more posts on how the Gods have helped us though. When I was starting out, reading about that sort of thing was really inspiring to me because it proves the Gods are real.

Thank you. I appreciate your concern. But I had to write it, it was important to me, something like that.
I know, but I felt really pushed to write those things that I did in this thread, in that post. For newbies, and I guess, also for myself.

I did ask Satan and a few of my Guardians for specific spiritual psychic gifts. I won't mention what they are. Only that they wanted me to read up on it as much as possible and practice it, in thanks. They have helped me tremendously (both the gods and the gifts themselves) in discerning falsehood from truth, and what is what, so I am far less confused.

magus.immortalis said:
Thank you. I appreciate your concern. But I had to write it, it was important to me, something like that.
I know, but I felt really pushed to write those things that I did in this thread, in that post. For newbies, and I guess, also for myself.

I did ask Satan and a few of my Guardians for specific spiritual psychic gifts. I won't mention what they are. Only that they wanted me to read up on it as much as possible and practice it, in thanks. They have helped me tremendously (both the gods and the gifts themselves) in discerning falsehood from truth, and what is what, so I am far less confused.

Fair enough, you know your situation and stuff better than I do. I did enjoy reading your post a lot. What they ask of us in return is almost always another gift in itself.

Godmode said:
Blackdragon666 already answered the question but I just wanted to say Thoth gave me two Mr Big bars one time when I forgot lunch for work. I was just walking in and as I realized that he said "look in the vending machine" and they were just sitting there like someone bought two of them and walked away. Not the healthiest snack but lot of the time, you don't even need to ask. And those were pretty much the most filling thing I could have got.
I remember they came out with those during the great depression because people couldn't afford even basic meals so they tried to make something that would satisfy hunger for a very cheap price.

I don't know...just thought I'd throw that in. :lol:

Godmode said:
Oops, I was thinking of another candy the Mr. Good bar...my bad.

Oops, I was thinking of another candy the Mr. Good bar...my bad.
[/quote]

Lol, that's interesting nonetheless. I don't think I've even heard of that one.

Godmode said:
magus.immortalis said:

Fair enough, you know your situation and stuff better than I do. I did enjoy reading your post a lot. What they ask of us in return is almost always another gift in itself.

Thank you, I am glad you enjoyed reading my post.
I agree with your last statement.

Hey, I to have read your story and even tough life isn't perfect for you, It seems like you are in a good spot. It was really nice to read, Especially because it is so different from how i have lived.

I want to share a little story of myself that happened recently, At least if you guys want to hear it :p.

So 2 weeks ago i went on a mini vacation of 2 days this barely costed me anything because i could sleep on the couch at someone's place that they had rented themselves. I had some good fun there but when i was walking trough one of the shopping streets, I came across a little shop that sold some really cool stuff, Think of small statues, knives and loads of cool little souvenirs.

I was looking trough the windows and i saw a statue of Gilgamesh, This was the only one of its kind the rest were statues of xian stuff and vikings. I did see that the price was around a hundred bucks on all of the statues but when i looked closer at the statue of Gilgamesh, I noticed that that was the only statue that was half priced.

I was immediately in love with it and since i had money to spare i went inside the shop and bought it. Turns out that that was the only one left, And it didn't seem like they were going to restock it, Ever. Not only that but it was beautifully hand made, I still cant believe how good it looks and how cheap it was for a handmade statue.

At times like that i really feel like my guardian is pulling some strings here there, This was an incredible gift if you ask me.

SSinHeartandSoul said:

Hey, I to have read your story and even tough life isn't perfect for you, It seems like you are in a good spot. It was really nice to read, Especially because it is so different from how i have lived.

I want to share a little story of myself that happened recently, At least if you guys want to hear it :p.

So 2 weeks ago i went on a mini vacation of 2 days this barely costed me anything because i could sleep on the couch at someone's place that they had rented themselves. I had some good fun there but when i was walking trough one of the shopping streets, I came across a little shop that sold some really cool stuff, Think of small statues, knives and loads of cool little souvenirs.

I was looking trough the windows and i saw a statue of Gilgamesh, This was the only one of its kind the rest were statues of xian stuff and vikings. I did see that the price was around a hundred bucks on all of the statues but when i looked closer at the statue of Gilgamesh, I noticed that that was the only statue that was half priced.

I was immediately in love with it and since i had money to spare i went inside the shop and bought it. Turns out that that was the only one left, And it didn't seem like they were going to restock it, Ever. Not only that but it was beautifully hand made, I still cant believe how good it looks and how cheap it was for a handmade statue.

At times like that i really feel like my guardian is pulling some strings here there, This was an incredible gift if you ask me.

That's a cool story! The gods always guide us to these situations that benefit us (and them, since perhaps having physical and visual reminders of them draw us closer to them).

Thanks for sharing, and for reading my post in the thread! I am in a good spot.

I practice gratitude every few days or a few times a week, when I remember. It really humbles me and makes me grateful. A lot of people without don't have it good like us, spiritual Satanists.

Hail Satan!

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back