Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

On delusion and denial of reality

Maya

Generally, the balance between what we want to see, what is real and what is influenced by negative factors is very fragile.

This is getting clearer through experience and practice in each situation and through advancement by meditating.

A cause of this confusion can be personal ego. When a person is unwilling to see a situation from a spherical view, and prefers to focus on themselves and the force of feelings they feel, their ego is making them unable to realize how reality is and works.

Also, another aspect of personal ego; sometimes we get help even if we aren't able to understand it at that very moment. Some things haven't been done by our power, though many people think they can do everything by themselves, and that their achievements weren't influenced by any source of help. Not appreciating the fact that we get help, is a form of delusion.

Something very important is also the ability to recognize our own mistakes. By not willing to recognize the mistakes we've made we are letting ourselves live in a superficial world, thinking that our actions are perfect and our mistakes nullified. This doesn't let us consider facts, actions, thoughts and beliefs we have, so we aren't able to reflect on that and come to some sort of realization about our own self.

Another cause is when the reality is very negative and/or a shock for the person. Many times, the brain itself is unwilling to see and face the real actual facts.
By facing a reality we dislike and having to deal with that, we have to "waste" time and energy in order to come through it. This, for many people, is a difficult and unpleasant process, and cause of that, they don't even understand that they are denying the reality, the true reality, and they keep themselves deluded.

Maya said:
Generally, the balance between what we want to see, what is real and what is influenced by negative factors is very fragile.

This is getting clearer through experience and practice in each situation and through advancement by meditating.

A cause of this confusion can be personal ego. When a person is unwilling to see a situation from a spherical view, and prefers to focus on themselves and the force of feelings they feel, their ego is making them unable to realize how reality is and works.

Also, another aspect of personal ego; sometimes we get help even if we aren't able to understand it at that very moment. Some things haven't been done by our power, though many people think they can do everything by themselves, and that their achievements weren't influenced by any source of help. Not appreciating the fact that we get help, is a form of delusion.

Something very important is also the ability to recognize our own mistakes. By not willing to recognize the mistakes we've made we are letting ourselves live in a superficial world, thinking that our actions are perfect and our mistakes nullified. This doesn't let us consider facts, actions, thoughts and beliefs we have, so we aren't able to reflect on that and come to some sort of realization about our own self.

Another cause is when the reality is very negative and/or a shock for the person. Many times, the brain itself is unwilling to see and face the real actual facts.
By facing a reality we dislike and having to deal with that, we have to "waste" time and energy in order to come through it. This, for many people, is a difficult and unpleasant process, and cause of that, they don't even understand that they are denying the reality, the true reality, and they keep themselves deluded.

Great post as usual!

Yes we all receive help, while not noticing that we received help from our Gods is normal, and normally we only find out it was them long after that event occurred. So it is sad to see that people think too high of themselves, thinking it was them, when it happened because the Gods reached out for us.
Also it is sad that some people get some gestures of our Gods wrong, and delude themselves regarding that and their relationship to the Demons.

I agree on everything said, thank you!
You are one of the few members I am searching for when I enter the forums.

DarkSwan said:
Maya said:

Great post as usual!

Yes we all receive help, while not noticing that we received help from our Gods is normal, and normally we only find out it was them long after that event occurred. So it is sad to see that people think too high of themselves, thinking it was them, when it happened because the Gods reached out for us.
Also it is sad that some people get some gestures of our Gods wrong, and delude themselves regarding that and their relationship to the Demons.

I agree on everything said, thank you!
You are one of the few members I am searching for when I enter the forums.

Yes I agree this tends to happen. I can understand it if this happens to someone who is new to out path, though if this is something compulsive, from my experience, it is something that our Gods don't like.

On the second part you mentioned, about having wrong gestures about our Gods and being deluded about the relationship one has with a God, these people don't just delude themselves about The Gods, but this also has to do with their ego and the opinion they have for themselves, so they are also deluded about their own self. It is not always the case, but in most situations I've seen, this usually has a significant part.

Thank you very much, I really appreciate it, as it is very nice to know that there are people who find my posts useful.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back