Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

"BOLD" format Posting

Ol argedco luciftias

Woden said:
HPHC, posts are intermittently being published in "BOLD" print. I thought I did it by accident, but other members posts are doing the same. What is causing this?
I use that bold print pretty often just because I like the way it looks. I bet other people use it for the same reason. I have written thousands of comments and I have never seen anything be bold unless I purposefully made it that way.

I look at everyone's posts, and I do not see anything malfunctioning like you describe. All I see is things are bold when the person purposefully makes it bold.

Are you talking about the posts by the user called Rational Satanist? That person has been using the bold in kind of a strange and random way.

I have been here from the beginning of this website. I have read every topic and every comment that were ever written here in English. I have wrote thousands of comments, and read hundreds of thousands. And I have never seen even a single example of the Bold feature not working correctly. It is extremely simple BB code.

You put before it a [ b ] and after it put a [ /b ], except without the spaces between the b and the brackets. And everything inside is bold. In this situation would be " and after it put a"
You can use this "B" or you can use this "b" and both work the same way. I don't even use the button, I just type it. All the button does is put "[ b ][ /b ]" but with no spaces.

If the way someone is using the bold looks strange or wrong to you, that does not mean that anything is broken. That is just the way they chose to use it.

Woden said:
Ol argedco luciftias said:
I have been here from the beginning of this website. I have read every topic and every comment that were ever written here in English. I have wrote thousands of comments, and read hundreds of thousands. And I have never seen even a single example of the Bold feature not working correctly. It is extremely simple BB code.

You put before it a [ b ] and after it put a [ /b ], except without the spaces between the b and the brackets. And everything inside is bold. In this situation would be " and after it put a"
You can use this "B" or you can use this "b" and both work the same way. I don't even use the button, I just type it. All the button does is put "[ b ][ /b ]" but with no spaces.

If the way someone is using the bold looks strange or wrong to you, that does not mean that anything is broken. That is just the way they chose to use it.

>"You put before it a [ b ] and after it put a [ /b ], except without the spaces between the b and the brackets. And everything inside is bold. In this situation would be " and after it put a"<

This is what might have happened

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FtTsrZXBLeZJ7Qyi6

Everything is working right now. My Apologies, really shouldn't have made a fuss about it.
Yes, on the post from that picture the writer purposefully chose to make that part bold.

You can always click the quote button " and then you can see what they wrote in their comment. And you will see that the bold part always has [ b ].......[ /b ] around it.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back