Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

High quality JOS logo

Satanic Eagle

Here's an attempt of recreating the JOS logo at a higher resolution. The original image also had remnants of circles surrounding the pentagram, they have been removed. I've provided my remake, and a downscale of it which uses the same resolution as the original logo.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Here's the large image, 2200 x 1028
evxam2M.png

Here's a down-scaled version, which matches the size of the original JOS logo (550 x 250)

fxN8YAt.png

And here's the original one for reference

gUzuKGI.gif

What is funny, yesterday I was telling two of my SS brothers, that we need the logo updated, exactly as it is, but more HD.

I spoke with Azazel the other night, and here it is. It looks exactly as we want it to look.

Personally e-mail me, I want to send you something for this.

You have excellent artistic sense. It looks exactly as it should be.

HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:
What is funny, yesterday I was telling two of my SS brothers, that we need the logo updated, exactly as it is, but more HD.
Not logo but I have a better resolution version of that pic on Father Satan's page:

Pai-Satan.png

Egon said:
HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:
Not logo but I have a better resolution version of that pic on Father Satan's page:

Pai-Satan.png

Gonna update this also. Keep them coming. By the way, all the JoS will go an overhaul, with a search function etc.

Thank you.

nice job I like it alot. I want to get into digital art myself. Should probly start with a Wacom tablet. Most of my media is colored pencil,pen, marker, paint, pastels or other. :lol:

Very nice work.Everything must advance,thanks for this creative work.Keep it up!You can create a site in which you can put your art,like a gallery!I see great potential in you.

Satanic Eagle said:
Here's an attempt of recreating the JOS logo at a higher resolution. The original image also had remnants of circles surrounding the pentagram, they have been removed. I've provided my remake, and a downscale of it which uses the same resolution as the original logo.

evxam2M.png

Here's a down-scaled version, which matches the size of the original JOS logo (550 x 250)

fxN8YAt.png

gUzuKGI.gif

This one really is perfect, thank you for creating this. Already excited to see it updated on the main site as well as the forum!

Hail Satan!

is that akkadian language? what does it mean? the symbols around the pentagram?

Satanic Eagle said:

evxam2M.png

fxN8YAt.png

gUzuKGI.gif

They look absolutely beautiful. They are updated and still have that originality.

Thank you for all the kind words everyone. This community has given so much to me, and I want to start giving something back.

As was mentioned the other month, this movement is becoming bigger, and needs to be more formal. Every movement needs imagery and symbols to catch the attention of people, represent our beliefs, and rally our own people under a sign.

The best symbols are simple, yet make their presence known, they also hold connotations of the beliefs it's used for. The best symbols can be recreated by anyone, on a piece of paper, on a computer, or in their mind.

I personally found the JOS logo to be very appealing, it has a presence about it, it has symbolism that represents our beliefs, and although it's not incredibly simple, you could shorten it to "JOS" with a pentagram underneath, which anybody could recreate, aka it is simple in concept; a pentagram with a goat head, with "Joy of Satan" written in front.

HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:

I've sent a reply to this thread with my details attached, I trust you've received them.

Satanic Eagle said:
Thank you for all the kind words everyone. This community has given so much to me, and I want to start giving something back.

As was mentioned the other month, this movement is becoming bigger, and needs to be more formal. Every movement needs imagery and symbols to catch the attention of people, represent our beliefs, and rally our own people under a sign.

The best symbols are simple, yet make their presence known, they also hold connotations of the beliefs it's used for. The best symbols can be recreated by anyone, on a piece of paper, on a computer, or in their mind.

I personally found the JOS logo to be very appealing, it has a presence about it, it has symbolism that represents our beliefs, and although it's not incredibly simple, you could shorten it to "JOS" with a pentagram underneath, which anybody could recreate, aka it is simple in concept; a pentagram with a goat head, with "Joy of Satan" written in front.

HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:

I've sent a reply to this thread with my details attached, I trust you've received them.

Thank you for your work, it looks great. =)
Yesterday, I looked at the 40 days program, and noticed that the banner is kinda blurry and unclear.
But this is just perfect. =)

Do you maybe have a high resolution version of Father Satan‘s sigil? I am talking about the blue version on the Joy of Satan. (The left one).

Or maybe SSGrim88 has it?
**gentle poke**
SSGrim88 said:

Satanic Eagle said:

HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:

Thank you for your work, it looks great. =)
Yesterday, I looked at the 40 days program, and noticed that the banner is kinda blurry and unclear.
But this is just perfect. =)

Do you maybe have a high resolution version of Father Satan‘s sigil? I am talking about the blue version on the Joy of Satan. (The left one).

Or maybe SSGrim88 has it?
**gentle poke**
SSGrim88 said:

Shadowcat said:
nice job I like it alot. I want to get into digital art myself. Should probly start with a Wacom tablet. Most of my media is colored pencil,pen, marker, paint, pastels or other. :lol:

Nothing wrong with that. I still have my art books and materials still. I use my tablet occasionally for art.

Satanic Eagle said:

It looks excellent, a big improvement over the current version! This was on my to-do list. Thanks!

Could you try removing the black outline around the letters? It makes the thin lines, like on the 'J' and 'y', a bit hard to see. This matters most on mobile devices where the logo will be very small.

Also, I'd be interested in seeing how it looks without the faint ellipse under the pentagram.

For comparison, here's my quickly-remastered version, which is currently on the Tor site as a minor improvement until I got around to doing what you've just done!
HEADBANNER-3.gif

The fine lines on the text are more clear compared to yours, but I like the way your black outline blends over the pentagram. Maybe it can stay there, but not on the rest of the text.
fxN8YAt.png

Soaring Eagle 666 said:
Satanic Eagle said:

It looks excellent, a big improvement over the current version! This was on my to-do list. Thanks!

Could you try removing the black outline around the letters? It makes the thin lines, like on the 'J' and 'y', a bit hard to see. This matters most on mobile devices where the logo will be very small.

Also, I'd be interested in seeing how it looks without the faint ellipse under the pentagram.

For comparison, here's my quickly-remastered version, which is currently on the Tor site as a minor improvement until I got around to doing what you've just done!
HEADBANNER-3.gif

The fine lines on the text are more clear compared to yours, but I like the way your black outline blends over the pentagram. Maybe it can stay there, but not on the rest of the text.
fxN8YAt.png

The remastered looks even better, if you ask me.
Thank you both for that again!

Soaring Eagle 666 said:

Obviously readability and clarity is very important with this, checking the 550 x 257 version (the one the JoS website uses) on my phone, it is still readable, though I can understand your concerns.

Personally, I believe it is a small sacrifice in clarity for a nice effect that really brings the text forward from the pentagram, I wanted to give the logo a cleaner look, while giving it presence. However, the decision isn't mine to make, and it is going through alterations at the moment.

Here's what I believe you had in mind

usuKfdj.png

Soaring Eagle 666 said:
Satanic Eagle said:

HEADBANNER-3.gif

fxN8YAt.png

Correction:

In your picture I like the "Joy of Satan" more, as it is very clean and easy to read. Due to conscious ease this won't make people feel uncomfortable.

Bu the Pentagram in Satanic Eagles Post is cleaner and I like it more.

If you wanted to know my honest opinion.

So if One of you could bring both together, it would be very nice. This is just my own opinion.
But right now, I feel like Satanic Eagles banner looks better, (Would be cool to make the "Joy of Satan" brighter)

Satanic Eagle said:
Soaring Eagle 666 said:

Obviously readability and clarity is very important with this, checking the 550 x 257 version (the one the JoS website uses) on my phone, it is still readable, though I can understand your concerns.

Personally, I believe it is a small sacrifice in clarity for a nice effect that really brings the text forward from the pentagram, I wanted to give the logo a cleaner look, while giving it presence. However, the decision isn't mine to make, and it is going through alterations at the moment.

usuKfdj.png
You are really talented and artistic. Thank you!

Hail Satan!

We are fixing this by the way, so no worries. We also fixed the coloring issue with the Logo. So we are almost done. Should be ready in a couple of days.

Soaring Eagle 666 said:
Satanic Eagle said:

HEADBANNER-3.gif

fxN8YAt.png

Satanic Eagle said:

usuKfdj.png
Yes, that's what I had in mind! It is more readable, but I do see your point about the border effect giving it more depth. However, if it were up to me, I would still pick the more readable text, especially because I've been testing it on different screens, and some low-power screens have a saturated black level that makes the first version extremely hard to read.

Anyway, thanks for trying my suggestions!

HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:
We are fixing this by the way, so no worries. We also fixed the coloring issue with the Logo. So we are almost done. Should be ready in a couple of days.
Excellent. You both have a good artistic sense. I'm looking forward to the final version!

Satanic Eagle said:

Happy Beltane’s Eve brother!

Is there a why you could also upgrade the Icons on the startpage of the JoS?

You know, those little white pentagrams, which lead you to the different sections like „Welcome“, „Satan“, „Spiritual Satanism“ etc.

I just noticed how cool and convenient it is to have an artist here, who is willing to put some effort in for Satan. =)

Satanic Eagle said:
Soaring Eagle 666 said:

usuKfdj.png

This is also beautiful. However, I think the little dark tint on the letters, is dark and cool in a beautiful way.

NinRick said:
Satanic Eagle said:

I totally LOVE the new style, thank you for that!
And also Thank you Commander for updating them!

Waiting a bit to update on the other websites also, will happen soon. We're having some technical difficulty right now.

Plan is to update all the logos.

HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:
NinRick said:
Satanic Eagle said:

I totally LOVE the new style, thank you for that!
And also Thank you Commander for updating them!

Waiting a bit to update on the other websites also, will happen soon. We're having some technical difficulty right now.

Plan is to update all the logos.

Sounds great! It does has a great impact on how you feel when you access the sites and look on the Logo.
Didn't think it would be that much tbh. So I am looking forward to that!

Satanic Eagle said:
The new logo makes the sites look much nicer! However, in the old logo, I love the way the goat's eyes stare back at you! The new one just doesn't seem to capture that alive expression. I wouldn't want to ask you to spend time trying such a complicated change, so I did. Here's my attempt at creating a high-quality version of the old logo in a similar style. It's a bit brighter, and I kept the ellipse underneath, but the goat has the original face. Here's a side-by-side comparison:

banner4.png

evxam2M.png

I think mine is an improvement, but both are beautiful. It's fine if we stick with your version, but I wanted to post my attempt to see what everyone thinks. I can easily tweak the effects to make it darker if you want to see how that would look.

NinRick said:
Is there a way you could also upgrade the Icons on the startpage of the JoS?

You know, those little white pentagrams, which lead you to the different sections like „Welcome“, „Satan“, „Spiritual Satanism“ etc.
The white pentagrams do need to be updated. The new logo makes it especially obvious. I've been planning to update the whole home page, and this seems like a good time to start, so here's my version:
Jo-Snew-Home-Page.png

It is also live on the Tor site.
I chose a more modern font and the new white pentagram has nothing in the center because I think the empty hole makes nice bullet points for the list. To keep the page clean, I'm going to move the "Important Information" link to the Welcome page.

Feel free to make suggestions!

Soaring Eagle 666 said:
Satanic Eagle said:
The new logo makes the sites look much nicer! However, in the old logo, I love the way the goat's eyes stare back at you! The new one just doesn't seem to capture that alive expression. I wouldn't want to ask you to spend time trying such a complicated change, so I did. Here's my attempt at creating a high-quality version of the old logo in a similar style. It's a bit brighter, and I kept the ellipse underneath, but the goat has the original face. Here's a side-by-side comparison:

banner4.png

evxam2M.png

I think mine is an improvement, but both are beautiful. It's fine if we stick with your version, but I wanted to post my attempt to see what everyone thinks. I can easily tweak the effects to make it darker if you want to see how that would look.

NinRick said:

The white pentagrams do need to be updated. The new logo makes it especially obvious. I've been planning to update the whole home page, and this seems like a good time to start, so here's my version:
Jo-Snew-Home-Page.png

I chose a more modern font and the new white pentagram has nothing in the center because I think the empty hole makes nice bullet points for the list. To keep the page clean, I'm going to move the "Important Information" link to the Welcome page.

Damn brother I think it looks very good. I like how brightly everything shines, it is so vibrant.

I do believe the new Pentagram looks way better, but my mind has a hard time accepting it, as I got so used to the old pentagram. :lol:

But it does look better.

Thank you! =)

Soaring Eagle 666 said:
Satanic Eagle said:

banner4.png

evxam2M.png

NinRick said:

Jo-Snew-Home-Page.png

Those are really good Soaring Eagle. Well done!

Soaring Eagle 666 said:
Jo-Snew-Home-Page.png

I love this! The pentagrams and text next to them look stunning :)

Shadowcat said:
You might consider Huion, it's cheaper and does the same. That's the one I know and use at least, there might be cheaper options as well.

Also there is an argument against visual display tablets because of posture, so you might go even cheaper by going with an intuous tablet (whatever brand you prefer):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6A1rSU6Lm8

This is counter perspective to the above, on a classical standpoint that the optimal is the canvas in front of your face:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Znr1OY-aHhM

Egon said:
Shadowcat said:
You might consider Huion, it's cheaper and does the same. That's the one I know and use at least, there might be cheaper options as well.

Also there is an argument against visual display tablets because of posture, so you might go even cheaper by going with an intuous tablet (whatever brand you prefer):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6A1rSU6Lm8

This is counter perspective to the above, on a classical standpoint that the optimal is the canvas in front of your face:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Znr1OY-aHhM

Interesting, thank you!

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back