Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Pagan Names

A

Anonymous

Hi! So this might sound stupid to some of you but here goes... My friends keep talking about religion and stuff like that, and they are pretty open to Ancient Pagan practices, and we talk a lot about religion, however, I am not comfortable in revealing the truth about Satan, I have lost friendships in the past due to being very honest... I know what you're thinking... But I like hanging out with these people, though we are all different, we all have our own different beliefs. We all work together in gaining knowledge and skills to advance in all aspects of life. Though I am the only one who cares about the one aspect that really matters of course. Someday I hope to enlighten these people about Satan. Just not right now. However when we talk about religion, I speak what I know about Paganism, and of what we do here, just not referring to the real names. Now the point of this post. Who is Satan in the Pagan religions? Specifically the Celtic... From what I understand, he was known as Jupiter, Zeus, I suppose. The descriptions i can find about them, match the one of Satan. To the Celtic people he was known maybe as Cernunnos? I know this might sound stupid, but I'm tired of being alonefor who I am, and these people are not that judgemental, they might even accept the truth, who knows. I'm just being extra careful this time. I'll tell them when the right time comes. I've made the mistake of telling too soon, in the past and it didn't go well.

The mythological God that most resembles Satan is Enki, His animal is the goat fish and His name means King of the Earth which is exactly how the bible refers to Him. He's a God of the sea among other things, just like the Greek Poseidon whose symbol is the trident, this is where the Devil's pitchfork comes from. There is also Lucifer the light bringer. Buddha means Enlightened and Wotan is related to that name, in fact both have the same day of the week dedicated to Them. Wotan's animal is the raven, another animal of Satan; notice that they are connected with witchcraft.
All these Gods are also allegorical and symbolize a spiritual concept, so it isn't very easy to find out what real deity They represent. Very often it looks like Zeus is Satan; others it is Beelzebul, also called Enlil. Zeus means God and is King: Satan is our ruler and He is the one that gave us kundalini, the deifying energy.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back