Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Cold showers

xlnt

I have for some time been taking cold showers every morning before work. Sometimes also after work. This is because I've read about it's health benefits on yoga sites which I really feel I've also gotten from it. The recommendation I've read is to shower for so long time that you don't feel the coldness anymore but I usually turn on the absolute coldest in the morning as I'm short of time.

This really boosts my wellbeing and testosterone levels and also releases tension in the neck/head as blood circulation starts to kick in. Anyone here also taking cold showers?

First of all I want to say hi to everyone here! I m been taking cold showers too and feel all positive efects you said. In the first I did this to release muscular feber after gym but became a nice short meditation. Sexual vitality is encreasing and yoga feels on a higher level

xlnt said:

Cold, in general, forces the body to generate internal yang to counteract this. Warmth does the opposite and generates internal yin.

So someone who is overweight, for example, can use cold showers or ice baths to restore lots of yang to their yin-excess condition.

I shower with cold water for some years now, so I can say that since I started doing that I have never caught a cold/flu. Before starting to shower with cold water I used to be sick at least twice every winter, so I can say it definitely helps with that. It tightens the pores and the skin, you look refreshed, and it also speeds up metabolism. It feels like the body really appreciates it.

I've read the recommendations many times. a h

I think your organism takes advantage of it if you do it intentionally.

I mean that you don't get the shock of the cold bite but rather you feel it as fresh water on your body.

I have taken cold showers, but not regularly as I probably might have to.

I think it boosts immune system and body strength in general.

I have felt it but I don't do it as much, probably I would feel more effects if I do it more.

xlnt said:
I have for some time been taking cold showers every morning before work. Sometimes also after work. This is because I've read about it's health benefits on yoga sites which I really feel I've also gotten from it. The recommendation I've read is to shower for so long time that you don't feel the coldness anymore but I usually turn on the absolute coldest in the morning as I'm short of time.

This really boosts my wellbeing and testosterone levels and also releases tension in the neck/head as blood circulation starts to kick in. Anyone here also taking cold showers?

Yep definently has allot of health benefits. I go from warm water slowly to cold. Professional athletes like strongman for example also benefit allot from cryo therapy. They have these cryo cabins where they stand in. Looks very convenient to me. I have seen some mma fighters sit in a ice bath. I still want to try that one out🥶.
I personally don't think you always have to stand that long in a cold shower. Unless it's summer and you have overheated yourself. Good luck man!

All right nice to see that you guys also have discovered this. According to Yogi Bhajan showering in warm water is bad somehow. It's like eating junkfood instead of a good sallad. But I've heard that warm water opens up the pores and is beneficial that way. I have sometimes been switching between hot and cold because I've heard that is most effective for blood circulation if you are really tense. My standard is only cold though.

During the summer i go with cold showers in the morning and hot ones at night.

A cold showers before a workout or martial arts training gives you a boost of energy from my experience. Make sure to stretch always before moving a lot especially if you taken a cold shower. The cold tightens you up.

Maya said:
I shower with cold water for some years now, so I can say that since I started doing that I have never caught a cold/flu. Before starting to shower with cold water I used to be sick at least twice every winter, so I can say it definitely helps with that. It tightens the pores and the skin, you look refreshed, and it also speeds up metabolism. It feels like the body really appreciates it.

Same here! It always kinda sucks in the beginning, but after the shower you feel so relaxed and refreshed. One of the benefits are that it builds mental toughness as well. Good for the immunity.

Blitzkreig said:
xlnt said:

Cold, in general, forces the body to generate internal yang to counteract this. Warmth does the opposite and generates internal yin.

So someone who is overweight, for example, can use cold showers or ice baths to restore lots of yang to their yin-excess condition.
This is interesting. Explains why I am so much into hot showers and sauna instead of cold treatment. Cold shower and hopping into snow or cold lake during sauna are nice activities though. Or just chilling outside of sauna for a moment to cool down. I just came from 100-celsius sauna. The best! Warm-cold cycling can be done in shower as well and apparently it's a real thing as I've come across it before, and now here in this topic.

Henu the Great said:
Blitzkreig said:
xlnt said:

This is interesting. Explains why I am so much into hot showers and sauna instead of cold treatment. Cold shower and hopping into snow or cold lake during sauna are nice activities though. Or just chilling outside of sauna for a moment to cool down. I just came from 100-celsius sauna. The best! Warm-cold cycling can be done in shower as well and apparently it's a real thing as I've come across it before, and now here in this topic.
100 Celsius?!!! How did you not boil? :shock:

Satanswarlord666 said:
Maya said:

Same here! It always kinda sucks in the beginning, but after the shower you feel so relaxed and refreshed. One of the benefits are that it builds mental toughness as well. Good for the immunity.

If you dislike it in the beginning, you could try to start the shower with not-that-cold water, and after you get used to it, then gradually turn it to cold. When the body feels cold before the shower, then the cold shower is a bit challenging in the beginning.
As for the mental toughness, yes you are right, it helps a lot. I remember I used to void a lot in the beginning.

I do not like a cold shower, but I can't have it hot at all. I put it the same temperature as my body so it doesn't feel hot or cold. Maybe just a little bit warmer.

Something that a lot of people do, is to start with a warm shower and then only make it cold at the end. It can possibly be harmful to be in a cold shower for several minutes. But you will get the same benefits if you just make it cold at the end for a couple minutes.

Maya said:
Satanswarlord666 said:
Maya said:

If you dislike it in the beginning, you could try to start the shower with not-that-cold water, and after you get used to it, then gradually turn it to cold. When the body feels cold before the shower, then the cold shower is a bit challenging in the beginning.
As for the mental toughness, yes you are right, it helps a lot. I remember I used to void a lot in the beginning.

Yeah I always start with hot water, then eventually after soaping myself, I go again hot, than from medium to completely cold. So I get best of both worlds.
You void meditated in cold shower, how long?
In summer I stand longer in the cold shower cuz my body holds all the heat from the entire day. That's because I'm a buff dude :D. But in all seriousness, muscles hold you warm for longer. I no longer have problems with very cold weather outside. It does bother me like anyone else, but not to the point of shaking.

Satanswarlord666 said:
Maya said:
Satanswarlord666 said:

Yeah I always start with hot water, then eventually after soaping myself, I go again hot, than from medium to completely cold. So I get best of both worlds.
In summer I stand longer in the cold shower cuz my body holds all the heat from the entire day. That's because I'm a buff dude :D. But in all seriousness, muscles hold you warm for longer. I no longer have problems with very cold weather outside. It does bother me like anyone else, but not to the point of shaking.

I see, I prefer showering with cold water only, rarely with warm. I guess it has to do with the needs of each person. Warm water shower is good for relaxing the muscles, relieving headaches and reducing anxiety.
Yes I did, for the first showers during the first moments that the body needed in order to adapt to the temperature change, cause I never did it gradually.
Yes, it helps with the cold weather too, and it could benefit people during the winter, and especially people who live in cold places, like not feeling the cold that much, not getting sick etc.

Maya said:
Satanswarlord666 said:
Maya said:

I see, I prefer showering with cold water only, rarely with warm. I guess it has to do with the needs of each person. Warm water shower is good for relaxing the muscles, relieving headaches and reducing anxiety.
Yes I did, for the first showers during the first moments that the body needed in order to adapt to the temperature change, cause I never did it gradually.
Yes, it helps with the cold weather too, and it could benefit people during the winter, and especially people who live in cold places, like not feeling the cold that much, not getting sick etc.

I agree with you. Cold places like Iceland. Reminds me of Hafthor Bjornsson the strongman haha. I remember He uploaded a video where he and his friend would swim in a ice cold lake like nothing. The toughness is unreal!

Satanswarlord666 said:
xlnt said:

Yep definently has allot of health benefits. I go from warm water slowly to cold. Professional athletes like strongman for example also benefit allot from cryo therapy. They have these cryo cabins where they stand in. Looks very convenient to me. I have seen some mma fighters sit in a ice bath. I still want to try that one out🥶.
I personally don't think you always have to stand that long in a cold shower. Unless it's summer and you have overheated yourself. Good luck man!

Showering in cold water during summer (especially when it's really hot outside) is one of my favorite things in life. Truly rewarding afterwards!
I also guess showering cold has to do with the "no pain no gain" factor in life. Pain is good :D

xlnt said:
Satanswarlord666 said:
xlnt said:

Showering in cold water during summer (especially when it's really hot outside) is one of my favorite things in life. Truly rewarding afterwards!
I also guess showering cold has to do with the "no pain no gain" factor in life. Pain is good :D

Yes that is really true. There was a sermon of HPS Maxine in JoS where she said that unfortunately no advancement was going to be made without pain in life.
I believe she was talking about raising the kundalini. Stretching like athletic or yoga, also have a pain factor you have to overcome. With weight training the soreness. Walking the extra mile on these small things and literally walking a extra mile for cardio, will result in better discipline. Pushing yourself to do something you don't feel like doing, but you know deep inside you have to do. That was my motivational speech hehe! :cool:

xlnt said:
I have sometimes been switching between hot and cold because I've heard that is most effective for blood circulation if you are really tense. My standard is only cold though.
..Right after doing a hot-cold-hot-cold shower, try to be careful not to run for anything if you can keep from it.. :shock: Because your blood could momentarily slam right down into your feet, and when that happens, it feels quite unsettling.. or maybe that's just me. With that said, cold showers have good benefits, physical and spiritual. And makes curly hair curlier lol

Hail Satan, The Gods Of Hell, And The Gods Of The Future! ;)

I do a mix during the winter. I start with cold and, after a bit, I slowly move toward hot, steaming water. This is in the morning. In the evening it's just hot, steaming water. In the summer I only do cold in the morning and warm in the evening. I love both conditions. Both feel very orgasmic to me.

In general, I wouldn't recommend going below 10C for a while when you're just starting. The shock for the body would be, in most cases, too much all at once. Contrary to popular belief, overdoing it causes more issues than any benefit, just like with meditation and physical training. Often, overdoing it is worse than underdoing it.

Just replying here to bring up this beneficial activity again, for people who missed it.

I started doing it today, after many days of random thoughts about this (probably GD guiding).
I slowly started with 3 minutes, but the body afterwards felt really great anyway.

Will continue it indefinitely, monitoring its effects both on the body and the mind.

Blitzkreig [JG said:
" post_id=242890 time=1618165113 user_id=21286]
xlnt said:

So basically if I feel like that I'm more feminine man, should I take warm shower to help this?

AFODO said:
So basically if I feel like that I'm more feminine man, should I take warm shower to help this?

No, not exactly. Cold showers spike yang energy because it forces the body to react to the extreme cold. Perhaps a warm shower does the opposite and kind of calms you down.

Regardless, a more encompassing solution would be just to raise Thurisaz and program it to improve your masculinity.

Blitzkreig [JG said:
" post_id=475955 time=1701834375 user_id=21286]
No, not exactly. Cold showers spike yang energy because it forces the body to react to the extreme cold. Perhaps a warm shower does the opposite and kind of calms you down.

Regardless, a more encompassing solution would be just to raise Thurisaz and program it to improve your masculinity.

Yes I switched up the two,
Yang=Masculine=warm Yin=feminine=cold,

so with that, since cold(feminine) shower creates Yang(masculine) to counteract cold(feminine), I would need to take cold showers to make myself more masculine, but I can imagine it's not that powerful to just vibrate Thurisaz, but it's something that you would do everyday anyways, it does not take away plus time.

RIght?

I equate cold showers with the no fap thing. Its kinda cringe if you think deep on this stuff. I dont think anyone who is experient and has trully tasted the benefits of meditation bothers with this type of stuff. Although it it is true your energy levels drop after masturbation but that is a symptom of the low vibrational level we are in.

View of Innocence said:
Although it it is true your energy levels drop after masturbation but that is a symptom of the low vibrational level we are in.
???

No.

Get on the next level if you feel this way.

View of Innocence said:
I equate cold showers with the no fap thing. Its kinda cringe if you think deep on this stuff. I dont think anyone who is experient and has trully tasted the benefits of meditation bothers with this type of stuff. Although it it is true your energy levels drop after masturbation but that is a symptom of the low vibrational level we are in.
Thats exactly what i think when i see this stuff. This insane obsession going to the gym and posting Insta Reels and Tiktoks about doing "Hard Work" and taking Cold Showers while the Fat Nerd in IT makes Triple your Income. They think they're accomplishing something big by doing the Bare Minimum of what a Man should do.

People need to focus on things that are actually important.

View of Innocence said:

Review your equation then.
I have "fully tasted the benefits of meditation", to cite your words, yet I find this practice still beneficial to the body and the mind.
Needless to say that the cold shower is done only for a few minutes, just to achieve what is needed.
The normal shower for cleaning is done with warm water since it opens the pores.

In any case please provide a detailed reply instead of just saying that it is cringe if you think on it "deeply", plus some random words regarding "low vibrational level".

Different people have different energetic and medical conditions, so cold would not be good for everybody. But some exposure to cold is a healthy thing for most people to do sometimes. It inspires the energy and blood to increase flowing through the body, which is the reaction to try to make you warm again. Like other people said, the whole shower does not need to be cold. Do whatever tempurature you want. Then you can make it cold at the end when you are done for however long you want. If you get exposed to cold when you go outside, you don't need extra cold in a shower because you're already receiving the benefit.

Like Ol Argedco Luciftias, start slowly and don't need a whole shower to be cold. 10-15 seconds to start with are fine. Even 5 if you cannot tolerate that much.

Also, physical actions like this can help sometimes more than spiritual activity like an antibiotic will help more than spiritual healing when fighting a bad infection, or exercising by using your physical body will help more than exercising in your mind under self-hypnosis.

General Yeager said:
View of Innocence said:
Thats exactly what i think when i see this stuff. This insane obsession going to the gym and posting Insta Reels and Tiktoks about doing "Hard Work" and taking Cold Showers while the Fat Nerd in IT makes Triple your Income. They think they're accomplishing something big by doing the Bare Minimum of what a Man should do.

Exactly. This is basic stuff that just needs to be done. It's not an achievement in and of itself.

General Yeager said:
View of Innocence said:

Accomplishing a good health is very important though, and groundwork for everything else (healthy relations, finding a good job etc.).
I still take cold showers everyday because I feel good afterwards and have read about it's benefits for health, which I also feel is happening. Do I save the world just by taking cold showers? No, but it helps a little bit at least :)

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back