Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

How was Satan called in Ancient Egypt?

Seby

Egyptology has given no proof of Satanism in Ancient Egypt beyond the already known Paganism. So probably Satan was known under different names, like Set which I think was also spelled Sat. This is the truth according to SS Michael Aquino.

This one might not be too forward but I'm pretty sure Set is Set. Many egyptian gods kept their names, for example osiris is osiris/oriax, horus is horus, thoth is thoth, etc. Ptah would make sense somewhat when taking the mythology into account but I'm not sure if it.

TopoftheAbyss said:
Egyptology has given no proof of Satanism in Ancient Egypt beyond the already known Paganism. So probably Satan was known under different names, like Set which I think was also spelled Sat. This is the truth according to SS Michael Aquino.
Set is Satan's son.

SET
Set is also known as the Goetic Demon "SITRI,"** Seth, Sethi, Sit, Sut, Sutekh. Set is the Egyptian Lord of Darkness. He is one of the 7 sons of Satan. BR>He has a dark complexion and jet-black hair. When I performed energy work on him, at first he had rubbery dark brown wings. When he was freed, they bolted into beautiful soft black feathery wings like a raven. He wears a long black satin robe. He was very kind, soft spoken and left me with a strong energetic feeling of peace. He has beautiful energy. Set's Wife is the Goddess Nephthys. They can sometimes appear together.
– High Priestess Maxine

https://www.joyofsatan.org/www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/DEMONSI.html/index.html

I think you guys are confusing a few things. The names you are using are not in the Egyptian language but in Ancient Greek.

Set in Egyptian is Sutekh.
Osiris in Egyptian is Ausar.
Horus is quite tricky as they haven't been able to find any pronunciation of the original Egyptian, as far as I know.

Satan is, in my opinion, Ptah. Ptah is the same in Egyptian. One can also understand it from his role in Ancient Egyptian mythology and also by how his staff is depicted: a unique combination of the was, the ankh and the djedh. This harbours a resemblance to his Sumerian name.

Yeah, it looks like Ptah was Satan in Ancient Egypt.
He bears many epithets that describe his role in ancient Egyptian religion and its importance in society at the time:

Ptah the beautiful face
Ptah lord of truth
Ptah master of justice
Ptah who listens to prayers
Ptah master of ceremonies
Ptah lord of eternity
"Ptah the God who made himself to be God"
"Ptah the double being"
"Ptah the begetter of the first beginning"

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back