Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Kung fu PDF Preview

Labion

Here is a little excerpt from the kung fu pdf. Questions, comments, and feedback are always welcome. Depending on how frequently I am able to work on this pdf weekly, and the overrall time it takes to finish it, I may drop more previews from time to time. But im very adament about completing the pdf so either way it will get done. I hope you all enjoy it and thank you all for your patience.

"Firstly it is safe to say the average person is not intelligent. Nor is the average martial artist. There is no genius needed to practice in or accel at a system in general. In the modern martial arts school, a good sense of observation and mimicry with no knowledge of the make-up of the system does not halt the ability to use it or rise through the ranks. But as you delve deeper there comes a point where progression is halted. This is because if you don't know the fundemental aspects or mindset the system has, what truly makes it that specific system, there is no way for you to move past the point you've reached if the only way you reached it was due to others telling you what to do while you retain no understanding of how to go further. This is one critique many people have with martial arts now. Not many people who claim to be proficient at a style, can actually reach a point they are combatively competent. People misinterpret forms, strikes, and purposes for certain mechanics. With no understanding of the system, one's mind is allowed to wander with no clear path. And a creative mind with no filter can easily lead to insanity. This is simply because there is one truth, one way to be right and infinite amounts of ways to be wrong. To hold truth and perserve it no matter what deception or manipulation comes your way is a hard task. The more educated you become, the better you will be at understanding the nature of the system. With high leveled and educated practicioners, this ideally will result in a lot of corruption and misinformation being weeded out and the system being perserved. Many people are eager to try to change a system or leave their mark on history using martial arts as a vehicle for glory. Which is something you should not wish to do unless a system truthfully needs editing. In order to want to add things or edit a system you must admit the system is flawed and needs something it doesn't already have, something it needs. However this in itself is very hard to acknowledge truthfully, as many people are driven by bias and desire rather than logic. And even so if a system truly needs something, who are you to decide what it is? Why not choose a more complete system and let the success of a more complete system naturally kill off weaker ones? There are indeed some systems that are not as properly structured as others. Ones which lack much detail and are not nesecarrily complete nor safe. In reality there are martial art systems better than others on a systemic level with better mechanics, more details, and more answers to the vast amount of questions which will arise on your journey. In todays world, to be physically competent enough to practice in martial arts is not where you should draw the line. One should also strive to be mentally competent to understand the making of the art, therefore furthering a reality where the system is secure and corruption doesn't effect it.
To truly understand a system you must critique and ask questions. But it is also safe to note that sometimes you may not like the answers you receive. The risk of finding truth is you risk being offended. You risk putting your perception on the line for a opportunity to be better. But sometimes in order to be better you must first find out everything you've been doing or thinking is dead wrong. But it's important to stay strong. You just waste time if you don't . Ask any questions about your system, not just the applicational ones. Which is what a lot of people do. What is the goal of the striking? What should these attacks do? Where do they come from? What muscles to they use? Is there a certain frequency you should be able to fire off attacks? Is the system based off another? What is your lineage? Etc. It is a very good thing to question martial art systems in and out. Things which are true will always be upheld no matter what question is asked. Issues arise when one does not know how to question or how to think. They allow their hearts to think rather than their minds. Which makes them prone to being mislead by their biases or becoming more suseptible to developing a bias or accepting the biases of others. The heart is only meant to be felt. It is naturally illogical. The mind however, gives you emotilnal awareness. It gives direction to your feelings in order to properly manifest the emotions in the most appropriate way. When you shut off your mind and allow your heart to solely process information there is no guarentee what you do will be correct. The criteria for feeling emotions does not involve doing things in a proper or correct manner. It is simply to feel. And you can do this in either a good or bad way. This is what many people experience in our daily lives. And it is especially evident within the martial arts community. People are very quick to judge simply going by what the media or the community allows everyone to see or happens to show people. No one ever questions what they don't see or what theyre not allowed to be shown. For when you exist in a community which lacks emotional awareness, you are in danger of having your mind hijacked by the biases of dumb people"

Labion said:
Here is a little excerpt from the kung fu pdf. Questions, comments, and feedback are always welcome. Depending on how frequently I am able to work on this pdf weekly, and the overall time it takes to finish it, I may drop more previews from time to time. But I'm very adamant about completing the pdf so either way it will get done. I hope you all enjoy it and thank you all for your patience.

"Firstly, it is safe to say the average person is not intelligent. Nor is the average martial artist. There is no genius needed to practice in or excel at a system in general. In the modern martial arts school, a good sense of observation and mimicry with no knowledge of the make-up of the system does not halt the ability to use it or rise through the ranks. But, as you delve deeper, there comes a point where progression is halted. This is because if you don't know the fundamental aspects or mindset the system has, what truly makes it that specific system, there is no way for you to move past the point you've reached if the only way you reached it was due to others telling you what to do while you retain no understanding of how to go further.

This is one critique many people have with martial arts now. Not many people who claim to be proficient at a style, can actually reach a point they are combatively competent. People misinterpret forms, strikes, and purposes for certain mechanics. With no understanding of the system, one's mind is allowed to wander with no clear path. And a creative mind with no filter can easily lead to insanity. This is simply because there is one truth, one way to be right and infinite amounts of ways to be wrong.

To hold truth and preserve it no matter what deception or manipulation comes your way is a hard task. The more educated you become, the better you will be at understanding the nature of the system. With high levelled and educated practitioners, this ideally will result in a lot of corruption and misinformation being weeded out and the system being preserved.

Many people are eager to try to change a system or leave their mark on history using martial arts as a vehicle for glory. Which is something you should not wish to do unless a system truthfully needs editing. In order to want to add things or edit a system you must admit the system is flawed and needs something it doesn't already have, something it needs. However, this in itself is very hard to acknowledge truthfully, as many people are driven by bias and desire rather than logic. And even so, if a system truly needs something, who are you to decide what it is? Why not choose a more complete system and let the success of a more complete system naturally kill off weaker ones?

There are indeed some systems that are not as properly structured as others. Ones which lack much detail and are not necessarily complete nor safe. In reality, there are martial art systems better than others on a systemic level with better mechanics, more details, and more answers to the vast amount of questions which will arise on your journey. In today's world, to be physically competent enough to practice in martial arts is not where you should draw the line. One should also strive to be mentally competent to understand the making of the art, therefore furthering a reality where the system is secure and corruption doesn't effect it.

To truly understand a system you must critique and ask questions. But it is also safe to note that sometimes you may not like the answers you receive. The risk of finding truth is you risk being offended. You risk putting your perception on the line for a opportunity to be better. But sometimes in order to be better you must first find out everything you've been doing or thinking is dead wrong. But it's important to stay strong. You just waste time if you don't.

Ask any questions about your system, not just the applicational ones. Which is what a lot of people do. What is the goal of the striking? What should these attacks do? Where do they come from? What muscles to they use? Is there a certain frequency you should be able to fire off attacks? Is the system based off another? What is your lineage? Etc.

It is a very good thing to question martial art systems in and out. Things which are true will always be upheld no matter what question is asked. Issues arise when one does not know how to question or how to think. They allow their hearts to think rather than their minds. Which makes them prone to being mislead by their biases or becoming more susceptible to developing a bias or accepting the biases of others.

The heart is only meant to be felt. It is naturally illogical. The mind however, gives you emotional awareness. It gives direction to your feelings in order to properly manifest the emotions in the most appropriate way. When you shut off your mind and allow your heart to solely process information there is no guarantee what you do will be correct. The criteria for feeling emotions does not involve doing things in a proper or correct manner. It is simply to feel. And you can do this in either a good or bad way.

This is what many people experience in our daily lives. And it is especially evident within the martial arts community. People are very quick to judge simply going by what the media or the community allows everyone to see or happens to show people. No one ever questions what they don't see or what they're not allowed to be shown. For when you exist in a community which lacks emotional awareness, you are in danger of having your mind hijacked by the biases of dumb people"

That is a good portion for an introduction. Please, drop more or have someone proofread your writing as there are many grammatical errors. I only did some spell-checking. It's divided into paragraphs to improve readability, but it's up to you to decide the paragraph size. So, don't take my divisions as absolute or offensive. Another thing is that "but" is a conjunction: you do not start sentences with those but join them. To imply the same meaning, there is words like "however, rather, still..." and so on.

Other than this, I wanted to ask you why did you decide to start talking about this. It's curiosity, not criticism. I think it's good, but I wanted to know.

Finally, I want to comment that stating that "the average person is not intelligent" is not a correct statement. Everyone is intelligent and there are different types of intelligences.

I look forward to seeing more material. Have a great day!

[/quote] That is a good portion for an introduction. Please, drop more or have someone proofread your writing as there are many grammatical errors. I only did some spell-checking. It's divided into paragraphs to improve readability, but it's up to you to decide the paragraph size. So, don't take my divisions as absolute or offensive. Another thing is that "but" is a conjunction: you do not start sentences with those but join them. To imply the same meaning, there is words like "however, rather, still..." and so on. Other than this, I wanted to ask you why did you decide to start talking about this. It's curiosity, not criticism. I think it's good, but I wanted to know. Finally, I want to comment that stating that "the average person is not intelligent" is not a correct statement. Everyone is intelligent and there are different types of intelligences. I look forward to seeing more material. Have a great day! [/quote]

Thank you for the feedback🙏. Yes the pdf is not edited yet so there are a lot of spelling mistakes. Mostly I've been more focused on writing then once thats over id dedicate time to strictly editing. But i do get what you mean. It's probably a good idea to post more from time to time to get input on how I can improve the presentation. As for your question, there's a specific reason as to why I decided to have this as the intro. Many people, myself included, come into martial arts with unrealistic expectations and hidden biases. There's just a lot of bs shoved down our throats by the media or the community as a whole. It's easy to stray from the truth when many sources of information are incorrect. There are a number of reasons for this section. The main one is to help weed out any preprogrammed bs and make one more conscious about the numerous ways you can stray from the path and halt your overall progression. Pretty much when coming into this you need an empty cup. This is something which can save lives. It doesn't have time for biases fueled by kike intervention. In regards to the opening statement these are my reasonings: I think it is appropriate to say "the average person is not intelligent" since this pdf is specifically about clearing up misinformation. That is not to say the average person does not have potential or natural talents because everyone does. Directly after that statement I explain how by our modern standards you can be seen as a good martial artist by simply doing as others tell you with no true understanding of what you do. It's largely focused on kinetic intelligence which can only get you so far if your emotional and mental intelligence are misguided. It leads to progression being halted as well. I understand that there are different variations of intelligence. Which is why I also go onto explain to not mix up the intelligences you use for certain things. It's mental and emotional intelligence which are being misused. So I used that term since that's what many people associate with the mind. That is my reasoning for using that statement. But I again see what you mean. I am focused on this being simple to read While also giving as much detail as possible. I hope it doesn't seem like I am not appreciative for your feedback because I definitely am. That's just my logic in using that statement. I tried avoiding using the term "unaware" since that can be about anything. I also avoided using the term "misguided" as that also can be about anything. Do you think I should perhaps maybe make a little section to clarify what I mean? Or would you happen to be able to give me a better way of saying it?

I truly appreciate you reaching out. If anyone else has feedback please let me know

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back