Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

The word "pagan"

Kinnaree

The adoption of paganus by the Latin Christians as an all-embracing, pejorative term for polytheists represents an unforeseen and singularly long-lasting victory, within a religious group, of a word of Latin slang originally devoid of religious meaning. The evolution occurred only in the Latin west, and in connection with the Latin church. Elsewhere, Hellene or gentile (ethnikos) remained the word for pagan; and paganos continued as a purely secular term, with overtones of the inferior and the commonplace.

— Peter Brown, Late Antiquity, 1999

I've been looking into the etymology of the word PAGAN. It seems as though it was a slang and used by early Christians to differentiate themselves from the "folk people" or "villagers" while those who were Christians were far superior and lived in the city area. The 'pagans' lived in the outskirts of the city. Plus, the word they used to refer to villagers/pagans weren't pagan, as quoted up above.

I've always had an issue with this word because it's a slang word brought up by the Christians, in a way to mark the difference in who is inferior and that would be the non-Christians.

When I look back in my mind's eye into the past, the ancient times, with the knowledge of history, there is truth in the part where non-Christians/"pagans"/villagers had their own folk beliefs that are largely what we SS consider the way of the gods.

Having said that, my own folk belief of my mother country (Thailand and Laos) is a religion called Satsana phi, transliterated to "religion of spirits" but that is allegory for religion of the gods as that is the true meaning behind "spirit". We have shamans/witch doctors per village, our own rituals, and patron spirit/god per village, per household, piece of land, etc. We have ritualistic dance of which we go around in circle, it induces trance state. We give offerings of foods and flowers at the alter. We play music and dance during harvest, give thanks to the deity of rain (in farm lands), for example.

And really, this is no different than other village folk beliefs of other regions. The native Americans did the same and lived the same. That's why when I was little (as we are refugees coming to America in the 80s), I had much affinity for the Native Americans. I remember as a child going on a field trip to the native American sites. I felt a certain closeness to it? Best way to explain.

I have a European friend who is pagan from the Baltic regions. What they also do and celebrate in essence is no different than folks in my country or anywhere else under the umbrella of "pagan"/village dwellers.

So, since the word pagan was used as pejorative slang towards those who were not Christians and still believed in the old gods and the old ways, I tend to not refer to "pagans" as pagans.

This post is more of a light bulb moment type of post and also sharing my folk belief in comparison to others.

Any feedback, questions are welcomed of course.

Pagan like Nazi are words that even if intended as negative they become good words because used to refer to great people.
Since the word America doesn't come from jewish shill Amerigo Vespucci but by Pagan Amaruca, I wouldn't be surprised if Pagan also has a noble origin. Also Nazi is the name of the Sumerian Goddess of social justice.

That said, you have nice tradition, and soon we'll have them in Europe too.

TopoftheAbyss said:
Pagan like Nazi are words that even if intended as negative they become good words because used to refer to great people.
Since the word America doesn't come from jewish shill Amerigo Vespucci but by Pagan Amaruca, I wouldn't be surprised if Pagan also has a noble origin. Also Nazi is the name of the Sumerian Goddess of social justice.

That said, you have nice tradition, and soon we'll have them in Europe too.

Thank you :)

I satanically pray for my Satanic white brothers and sisters that you all will return to your Satanic traditions. It will happen in the future.

rAVz9Gb.png

Nature Is “Antisemitic”!
https://ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?p=119739#p119739

Major Element of Israel’s Airforce and Nuclear Deterrent Disabled Due to Floods
https://ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?p=129478#p129478

Catholic Encyclopedia: Devil Worship
https://www.newadvent.org/cathen/04767a.htm

Daemon
https://www.satanisgod.org/www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/Daemon.html

"Paine" and "Payne" given as a name, by christians, without any thought of its meaning. Lol. christians have so much knowledge! I bet the jew "priests" of the time were lolling their arses off.

Notice the Proto-Indo-European root there, as well. We have been made incompetent, because we had been dragged down and pushed under. The jew has had to adapt over the centuries, to serve its Gentile Masters, because it cannot continue being the same way repeatedly - with having been expelled from hundreds of places and countries hundreds of times. Notice also that we are gentle and the "soldiers of christ" waged war and forced jewsus upon cultured civilisations by the sword, as is well-known, which made them be - as far as the jew and christian is concerned - uncultured, inferior, incompetent, barbarian. Egypt fell, Greece fell, Rome fell, Europe fell, the World fell... That's why Adolf Hitler and the Nazis are evil - because they decided to be gentle a bit less than usual, and Hitler and the Nazis are evil also because 6 million j00z died before WW2; 6 million j00z died before WW1, 6 million j00z died before the year 1900 when Hitler was a little Boy and had 0 political power or authourity.

Now the jew says that America will fall within "1, 2 or 5 years" after it is kicked-out of yet another country. The jew has been able to slander and libel Pagans/Gentiles/Humans (because the jew is a literal alien/ET from another planet), for so long due to the World's lack of Spiritual power; the jew relied on force, fear and psychology with its own attempt at spiritual power, which Humans were under and below for so many centuries.

If christians, and of course the jew, is so superior, then remember this - working the field is important; without you might starve. Also if christians and the jew is so superior, then also remember this - jewsus employs "priests" to rape and abuse Children. As for "native Americans" - America is a White country, originally. One theory - the Bering Theory - states that Whites arrived in America centuries before Asians did, via the Bering Strait. From what I think I can gather, the Clovis arived about 13000 years ago, but some think there were people in America as much as 18 thousand years ago. The Clovis moved to South America about 11 000 years ago, then disappeared mysteriously. The asteroid belt in our Solar System is of a Planet which was destroyed; we were attacked about 10 thousand years ago. I don't know how accurate the dating is for these things. The Solutreans were from France and Northern Spain. Solutreans had stone artefacts which date back to more-than 20 thousand years old, of which most of these dates came from organic material which were with the artefacts. Some Solutrean tools were made in Europe between 22000 and 17000 years ago.

ThoughtCo
https://archive.is/YLdUn

National Geographic
https://archive.is/9bP1j

Smithsonian Magazine
https://archive.is/2kpOr

Ancient Origins
https://archive.is/RilyN

You may or may not be into this type of music, but -

Heathen Heart
Pagan Pride
faring far
sword by side
Tribal times
Northern nights
hidden high
Runic rites
I was told...
Hold the Heathen hammer high...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqZbQe2Gacw

I think you should listen to the songs and lyrics at least once. You might need to install an advert blocker for youtube, as well.

Lastly - thanks for sharing your customs. It's nice to learn a bit more about how Gentile/Pagan/Human culture and customs are, have been, and what they have been turned into.

FancyMancy said:
You may or may not be into this type of music, but -

Heathen Heart
Pagan Pride
faring far
sword by side
Tribal times
Northern nights
hidden high
Runic rites
I was told...
Hold the Heathen hammer high...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqZbQe2Gacw

I think you should listen to the songs and lyrics at least once. You might need to install an advert blocker for youtube, as well.
I did go through most of their songs once, and to be honest that song resonated well with me, but none of the others. I'm not so much into metal music as I used to be... Very energetically uplifting. I think it would suit well with some rituals or workings when paired with energy raising, such as 666 meditation.

FancyMancy said:
Notice also that we are gentle and the "soldiers of christ" waged war and forced jewsus upon cultured civilisations by the sword, as is well-known, which made them be - as far as the jew and christian is concerned - uncultured, inferior, incompetent, barbarian. Egypt fell, Greece fell, Rome fell, Europe fell, the World fell...

Again Hitler states historical information.

A.H. -> "It was not Nero who burned down Rome it was the judeo-bolshevik christians. It was not the people of France that murdered the aristocrats it was the jacobinites(frankists). And it was the communists that burned down the Reichstag in 1932."

They are communists/judeo-bolsheviks, Might is Right for the slaves and slavers. But for us NS/SS Right is Right.

Funny xtians now a days do the same exact thing since yesteryears kill each other and kill everything. If you don't believe in god I'll kill you.

Funny and then they say GOOD people of the BOOK.

It's the same commie pinko-red spectrum bullshit from day one. It's just the kosher mentality Gentilized for Gentile consumption.

FancyMancy said:
Hitler and the Nazis are evil also because 6 million j00z died before WW2; 6 million j00z died before WW1, 6 million j00z died before the year 1900 when Hitler was a little Boy and had 0 political power or authourity.

Oh that's not even the half of it. I recall in the previous ProPHP forums we had and if I'm not mistaken on this forum it was reposted could be wrong. Someone made a mention that as far back as the Crimean War of 1830, there were outcries of 6 gorillian in danger of dying.

The jewish population might have been at 6 million back in the 1830s. It wasn't till 1945 they reached 18.3 million from 16.7 million. Despite losing 160,000-240,000-300,000 jews their population grew drastically. It's funny but the 160K-240k-300K amount is only a slight increase in mortality rates especially for such a low population. If it was the other way around for us Gentiles expect it to be much higher with a population that was nearing 3 billion at the time.

In reality all these numbers are just potential visible approximations. For all intents and purposes these numbers could be wrong and could be much higher who knows. I'm just remembering information that I've studied about or used my head to make an approximation.

Looking through history, pagan folks are just those who live not in cities but in the outskirts of the city, in villages. I just hate that it was used as a way to taunt pagans for being lower class than Christians and those who live in cities.

Thanks also for the links. Mind opening.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back