Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Hangups about polygamy

lilquote

I feel confused lately. I know I've always had hangups about polygamy and the thought of sharing my spouse or being shared made me really upset. However, I've recently started feeling like my opinions and feelings about it before were affected by negative experiences. When I first read that Satan had multiple wives, I felt a little concerned. Because if the Gods practice polygamy, then it is normal and natural. But I ignored those feelings for years and really pushed myself to believe that monogamy was for me. I really don't know anymore.

The issue lies here. I requested a monogamous relationship with my Incubus but have been feeling intense lust for a few gentiles I work with. Of course I know Incubi are extremely understanding but that's no excuse to cheat. Logically, the thought of having meaningless sex with someone just to satisfy physical needs doesn't seem wrong to me. Especially if it is discussed with him beforehand. But, while I can express this to him, I can't really feel or understand any response. The worst part is, the thought of having sex with a gentile doesn't make me feel bad emotionally. The fact that I don't feel guilty about it makes me think I'm a terrible person. I wonder if my Incubus would leave.

I do wonder, if Satan knows us better than we know ourselves, would he even have granted me a monogamous Incubus in this case? Even my chart states that I am prone to cheat.

How do you have - and how do you think you have - an Incubus lover, if you can't feel anything? Is "prone to cheat" recent terminology for "be polygamous/polyamourous", or does it mean "be unfaithful", i.e. pretending to be monogamous/monoamourous but then sleeping with someone else?

lilquote said:
I feel confused lately. I know I've always had hangups about polygamy and the thought of sharing my spouse or being shared made me really upset. However, I've recently started feeling like my opinions and feelings about it before were affected by negative experiences. When I first read that Satan had multiple wives, I felt a little concerned. Because if the Gods practice polygamy, then it is normal and natural. But I ignored those feelings for years and really pushed myself to believe that monogamy was for me. I really don't know anymore.

The issue lies here. I requested a monogamous relationship with my Incubus but have been feeling intense lust for a few gentiles I work with. Of course I know Incubi are extremely understanding but that's no excuse to cheat. Logically, the thought of having meaningless sex with someone just to satisfy physical needs doesn't seem wrong to me. Especially if it is discussed with him beforehand. But, while I can express this to him, I can't really feel or understand any response. The worst part is, the thought of having sex with a gentile doesn't make me feel bad emotionally. The fact that I don't feel guilty about it makes me think I'm a terrible person. I wonder if my Incubus would leave.

I do wonder, if Satan knows us better than we know ourselves, would he even have granted me a monogamous Incubus in this case? Even my chart states that I am prone to cheat.

The Gods also have a lot more time. There’s nothing wrong with one partner per lifetime and at the end of the day I believe maxine once said very few are truly monogamous which may mean in the grand scheme of infinity. Not necessarily in this life or world, not sure. There’s also a lot more to it than shallow sex if someone thinks it’s right for them in some situations. Some can just be about casual sex. For me it’s not easy to find that ideal and the right situation, especially with how degraded things are these days, plus there’s so much to get to know about just one person. If I’m to do something like that I have a really specific idea about it. It’s not a big deal, whatever you think is right for you. The Gods as partners can be very devoted to a person regardless of whatever else. There’s still jealousy too, even in open situations but there’s definitely usually good cause for it. The only way to really figure a situation out with the Gods is to go into it openly without any assumptions. Its a unique relationship just like with another person. It’s especially confusing if it happens early on. Just don’t stress yourself over details if you’re thinking about a God/Goddess as a partner. The way the world thinks about open relationships where true love is involved in today’s world is way far off. I’m not really holding out any hopes for the idea anymore. If I really love someone for who they are for some reason I really don’t care and like to see them just be free and trust that they feel the same, but I’ve also felt really betrayed by cheating too. It all boils down to honesty with yourself and another person. First thing is learning about yourself to the best of your ability. The next thing is finding someone who truly knows about themselves and is honest and communicative, especially hard with guys. I’ve always thought a monogamous commitment to a God would be a very extreme decision and I know at the end of the day I’m not the best for that yet. I get small crushes on guys all the time in relationships. Depends on the relationship too though. Relationships are difficult though, and having a solidified relationship with one of the Gods is definitely a blessing. I personally think the most respectful thing a person could do if they’re headed in that direction is to just really know themselves and get deep enough into meditation and communication before making the decision.

lilquote said:

It sounds like you might be polygamous deep down yet asked Satan for a monogomous mate as a result of feeling confused. I actually pondered this about myself for a fleeting time but...if i could love more than 1 man it would have happened already. I love my incubus and could never cheat. at one point i thought i made a mistake even and that he didnt want me, which i felt very bad for afterwards. If he is strictly monogomous i imagine he would get very hurt and leave. If you cannot remain monogomous in action and thought let him go to find someone else who will remain faithful and find another partner who is fine with you being polygamous. this can aslso be a result of you maybe feeling like you cant feel him properly and as a result are looking at other guys. you also say its in your chart that you are prone to cheat. you might just be better off with multiple partners, as long as everyone involved is ok with this.

Polygamy and monogamy are both natural. The difference is that polygamy is rarer and it takes a very special kind of soul to be able to be in such a relationship. You may or may not have a hang-up about this. Do not automatically assume you have one, though. Having a middle chakra (Anahata) fully open will show you which kind of relationship you are natural inclined to, as that chakra is the main ruler for connections to other people.

Monogamous Demon lovers can actually be jealous and will attack any individual who prompts you to cheat. Their anger can be bottomless. They are not xtards that will accept and forgive everything, turning the other cheek to abuse. That being said, you are right in saying that Satan knows you better than anyone else. If you requested a monogamous Demon lover and you have been feeling lust for other humans instead, chances are your destined to be with a human being and not to a Demon.

P.S. Incubus and succubus are terms that come from Latin and are very offensive terms. It relates to the context of Master (incubus) and slave (succubus) but not in the sexual BDSM way, rather the abusive way. Hence why in my reply I replaced it with "Demon lover"

First of all Monogamy is also normal. People are different, something that may work for you may not work for someone else. Polygamy Is not for you and this is fine, nobody will force you or anyone to do something you don't want. About hangups well think about it in this way, animals in nature do have multiple partners, so its not so abnormal that some humans may want this, to me its normal but we are all different with different tastes.

lilquote said:

You are Venus in Gemini as well I see?

I don't know how to answer this from a womans perspective honestly. When I saw my chart say that I thought it made much sense, but that it was probably simply immature male desire for a harem and I didn't pay it much mind.

For that reason I thought ever asking for a Succubus was a foolish idea if I didn't have a concrete idea of what I wanted. But eventually I believe she performed a Love spell upon me, because out of no where I had those thoughts rush back to me, and one by the one the reasons why I didn't want a succubus almost flooded out of me.

I figured I can ask Satan for a Succubus that both didn't mind if in the future I had many wives, but would also remain faithful, because frankly I'm selfish, and I don't know if that's wrong or not. Truthfully I don't know what that will mean for me in the future, but I assumed there was no harm in asking if such a Succubus existed, and from my quick experiences it's clear she's with me when I ask, and can feel her energy.

For you it's troubling you already asked for yours before . I can't see a good answer for you honestly. Other than you should probably ask your Incubus for signs of what he's okay with. You may not be able to communicate with him through astral sight or hearing I assume, but you should look for signs of what's okay with him.

But that's only tricky as you need to consider you're not just looking for signs of what you want to hear. If you've felt his energy before, you should try to get a sense of what's okay with him when you feel his energy.

Something I've been doing to try and learn more of my Succubus and her desires, is exchange energy in our chakras after I orgasm/we do astral sex. Breath in the energy from his Chakra and breath it back out to him. See if in time you have a better understanding of what he wants and is okay with.

Best of luck either way.

luis said:
(...)animals in nature do have multiple partners.

People shouldn't state these things without actually studying animals and nature. Many animals are monogamous, from wolves to eagles to many types of birds. Monogamous for life. Some species, if their partner dies, they never even look for another and remain single for the rest of their life.

I wonder if some people say that since many animal fathers leave the female after mating, that human men should not be around for their children....

Also, cheating does not necessarily indicate polygamy. Some people are momentarily tempted and stray, and so on. There are many reasons why some cheat. Monogamy can be very difficult especially in this fast-paced world with so many distractions all around us. And many people are more like children, unwise, unable to build a strong connection to one person and continue building a life together with deep emotional bonds.... it all depends on the individual and where they are in their eternal path.

Lydia said:
luis said:

People shouldn't state these things without actually studying animals and nature. Many animals are monogamous, from wolves to eagles to many types of birds. Monogamous for life. Some species, if their partner dies, they never even look for another and remain single for the rest of their life.

I wonder if some people say that since many animal fathers leave the female after mating, that human men should not be around for their children....

Also, cheating does not necessarily indicate polygamy. Some people are momentarily tempted and stray, and so on. There are many reasons why some cheat. Monogamy can be very difficult especially in this fast-paced world with so many distractions all around us. And many people are more like children, unwise, unable to build a strong connection to one person and continue building a life together with deep emotional bonds.... it all depends on the individual and where they are in their eternal path.
Yes I know there are many Animals that are monogamus but there are some who practice poligamy. Of course this is different from humans because we are more complex and for the most part not spiritualy advanced so there are obviously problems. I said it to make OP understand poligamy is natural as much as monogamy.

luis said:
Lydia said:
luis said:

Yes I know there are many Animals that are monogamus but there are some who practice poligamy. Of course this is different from humans because we are more complex and for the most part not spiritualy advanced so there are obviously problems. I said it to make OP understand poligamy is natural as much as monogamy.
I wrote it from my phone in a hurry so there are some mistakes in my first post but like I said I do know a lot of animals practice monogamy.

lilquote said:

I might be wrong about this, but I think it's possible that you are getting tested at your workplace to see if you can handle the monogamous relationship. If you end up having different needs than you originally imagined then there's no sense in torturing yourself because that would be an eternity of being unhappy, but you should talk to your Demon about such things. Maybe just sit down with them and work through all of your emotions and concerns. Maybe afterward you will find that you have the strength to continue with the monogamy. At the end of the day it's your life, and what matters is what you want. It's not like you're trapped in a relationship against your will. Just talk with them to figure things out together.

lilquote said:

Not sure what advice I could give in regards to the last parts of your post but I understand a little about having hangups with polygamy. Maybe sharing some of my experience can help...

As a child and during my teen years, I was very strictly monogamous and didn’t understand how one could share themselves with multiple people. I’d only seen it done in movies, and no one I knew in life was polyamorous to be able to ask about it. Never read about it in books, and any reference to multiple partners seem to always in some way or another mean “cheating” or “whoring around”.

I’d been condition through these things to believe in the “one partner for life” mentality, and thought there was no other way to have a loving partner. I’d see friends go around breaking up and getting together with people a lot, and didn’t understand how they could do that so fast - so I decided I wanted no part of the musical chair game of relationships. I just didn’t have the capacity to do it.

My first boyfriend was a lonely experience. I felt isolated, ignored, and much of my needs and his were just not met. It ended in a pretty tough heart break. So my “one partner for life” idea was shattered which was hard to deal with at first, and only later realised how limiting and stupid it was.

Paired with that, I was experiencing sexuality confusion. The year before my first bf, I’d been crushing hard on my best friend (a girl) and another class mate (a boy) at the same time. Eventually, I figured out I’m bisexual.

After my husband and I dedicated, and started slowly healing ourselves, I became very drawn to the idea of having a loving/sexual relationship with a Demon, and it scared me. For about a month, I was so stressed and conflicted over what my husband would think and why I felt this desire.

Was it cheating? Was I falling out of love? Was I getting bored? Would my partner be hurt by this? These questions would rampage through my head. It freaked me out.

My husband was actually the one who came to me about it after picking up on how I was feeling, and together we tried working through it all. He was very understanding and supportive, and reassured me it was okay and if I wanted to have the experience then I shouldn’t limit myself. We discussed what things we were okay with and what things we weren’t so we knew each others boundaries.

Opening up to polygamy has been a huge weight lifted off my shoulders - and my husband’s as well since he has also asked for a Demon lover - that I didn’t know I’d been carrying for so long, as if some kind of chain was broken and I was finally free to move.

Discovering I was naturally bi and polyamorous, and this best suits me without societal conditioning intervening has been a scary process. But I’m happier because of it.

So I guess the only thing I can say (and for anyone else reading my comment) is that you won’t know what’s going to suit you best until you experiment and try things you wouldn’t have ever considered before, and forget about what society thinks is right or wrong when it comes to relationships. As long as it’s consensual, and your partner/s agree willingly, of course, then no harm done.

Lydia said:
luis said:

I'm having the issue of being automatically logged out when I try and post anything again, so this post might be improperly organized.

I think I'm craving the physical aspect of things that don't always feel fulfilled right now. But as far as I can remember, no human man has been able to satisfy my physical, mental, spiritual, or emotional needs. So it's like I'm looking for something I know I'll never find.
Along the way with my advancement I've gotten confused and scared in this situation. It all got really bad after doing my venus square, in terms of the amount and type of men trying to come into my life. Even before doing my squares, little details here and there scared me. For example, I bought myself a ring to wear as a sort of "promise ring" so to speak. This helped to deter any guys and make me feel closer to him. I lost it soon after and still feel upset about losing it. Also, I did kiss someone and nothing happened to him. I took it upon myself to remove him from my life because of the temptation but I've hoped for months that my love and/or the Gods would help keep men away from me until I developed the self control to do it myself.
I first became curious about a Demon lover in my early teen years. While I've developed a lot since then, I now know that I'm still not mature enough for this. And being so young, it's as though I'm expected to live a life that doesn't suit me. It's very difficult without him here. I always have the mentality that these things are simple, but we tend to create complications for ourselves.
I want to learn how to be loyal to this man. While I don't feel uncomfortable with the idea of polygamy anymore, I still only want one husband in the future. I'll keep thinking about whether it's right for both of us though. I did have a thought while falling asleep, maybe doing some kind of affirmation or work on the subconscious would help?

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back