Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Martial Art is Life

Egon

Website
odysee.com
As a side note there is a current polemic debate about a Tai Chi master who was badly beaten by a MMA fighter. I've heard the theory that it could be CCP who organized it, calling a weaking master to be beaten and then use reverse psychology to pull Kung Fu practicioners into the MMA world so the party could make money off them. If the case was just that Kung Fu/Tai Chi is useless against modern M.A. then there would not be cases of Shaolin monks who do that super-human feats like resisting KO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGsjtweGhho

To the post...

The first martial art I practiced was Karate. This is a video a friend sent me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nHZvbOtFSM

In my opinion, modern Karate is a waste of time, unless you have no martial arts avaliable near where you live, so it can be an open door. The movements of Karate he's using for the fight (and in general Karate) are called Kata and they are for lone demonstration, Taekwondo absorbed the same from Karate (Poomsae) but IMO the focus on it won't help in your progress or in real life unless there is something else to add. The difference of Taekwondo is what it has of original, it's actual fighting techniques, how you mantain the base and the dynamics of fighting are better for deffense and counter attack. This is my personal thinking after practicing both styles.

I also practiced Kickboxing/Thaiboxing, and I recognize their efficiency. The one thing I don't like very much in martial arts like these, MMA etc., is because it's too much deffense sports and less martial art, I think there must be a balance or it's like you're just playing football or other materialistic stuff, or then being a new ager on the extreme opposite.

Some useful material

Here is a good kick guiding by Grandmaster Shin Chul Kang:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkqynXVif7k

Stretching exercises for kicks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tnfe8IYqlgs

I lay emphasis on Jiu-Jitsu as well, Hitler also recommended its practice in the Main Kampf:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJQHfoGQlxI

An interesting art, Hapkido:
https://www.leasidemartialarts.com/hapkido-documentary-on-the-discovery-channel-featuring-kyung-mu-kwan-masters

Marial Art is Life!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKROCTGSd7Y

30553272806_ff000052a6_z_d.jpg

The highest (9th Dan) poomsae/pattern in Taekwondo is in the shape of a swastika (Ilyeo):

04_03_17_ex1.jpg

Having talked with people who went to Japan to train in Karate they told me that western Karate is wrong. The Japanese taught it wrong on purpose to American troops during the occupation to make a living but they didn't give them the proper way of doing it. An example is the arm blocks are actual breaks based on catching the in coming strike. Something else that was taken out of Karate in general was proper foot work. The long wide stepping was put there to take the power out of the strikes. I took Karate for awhile when I was younger it is a mess. The basic strikes are still good.

The best traditional martial art I trained in was Silat.

Kung Fu was originally based on Chi energy. Some of the drills are based on channeling in Chi and directing it thought the main two fingers. The Dim Mak strikes were based on this. The adept strikes and then release chi volt into the median point like a human taser. I read an account of a Kung Fu master who worn dozen of matches against other masters in China in our own time. Without striking them. He projected his own Chi into them and caused them to just drop knocked out of energy. That is the mark of a high level master over there.

More stretching tips, how to train for splits, with English subtitles:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMLxN30NECM

Fight Science Kick Test (Capoeira, Karate, Muaythai & Taekwondo):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw4EoWi5QSM

This is an interesting Ninjutsu channel with English subtitles oftenly:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW6R-BqIyC8

The most important thing IMO for martial arts is the teacher, not the style. However, studying martial arts is duble edged.
While it can save your life in the right circumstance and you can learn important life lessons, training can also be mixed with waste of time:

- depending on your wits and the place you live, you might never need combat skills in all your life.
- almost all forms don't have spiritual training, and if they do it is not better than JoS meditations
- athletic physical benefits are not on the same level with other disciplines (eg. triathlon).
- there are lots of cases where experienced overconfident fighters were surprised by a knife or a gun or a broken bottle and lost their lives.
- there is no defense to being sucker punched
- almost all don't teach how to use weapons or use impracticable weapons(e.g swords,spears).
For example a 6 months person who learned how to use a slingshot could beat decades of experienced hand-to-hand fighter.
Slingshots being easy to use, easy to learn, easy to carry and pretty much legal, with a surprise factor!

I've heard similar claims of how people who don't practice any form of combat can kick ass of martial artists because this or that reason, because they feel that somehow practicing a style of combat makes you limited into combat rules or some nonsense.

However who does have more chance of winning in a street fight, the avarage assuming Joe or someone who had some physical preparation and notions of self defense? I don't see how practicing martial arts can be double edged or waste of time in any of the points made, also I assume the people who will read the thread probably meditate, so it will just add even more into it and make them advanced in both the physical and spiritual.

It's observable this person is focused, well trained and will not be caught by "sucker punches" easily: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwJb0zZiJ5w

ss666 said:
...However, studying martial arts is duble edged.
... training can also be mixed with waste of time:

- depending on your wits and the place you live, you might never need combat skills in all your life.
So? We live in enemy-run world. Better be safe than sorry.

- almost all forms don't have spiritual training, and if they do it is not better than JoS meditations
Yes we have the best spiritual knowledge, however I don't see how this is an argument to not practice martial arts.

- athletic physical benefits are not on the same level with other disciplines (eg. triathlon).
They can be even better and less damaging for the body as in the cases of highly demanding sports like triathlon and basketball, that may harm one's health after a long time rather than improving it (eg. masters Helio Gracie and Kang Shin Chul).

- there are lots of cases where experienced overconfident fighters were surprised by a knife or a gun or a broken bottle and lost their lives.
This is an argument to not be overconfident, which does not have to do with training m.a. and overcoming physical limitations through it.

- there is no defense to being sucker punched
Well it does... But an excellent argument in favor of training a martial art. The avarage Joe have even less chance than the trained in defending and counter attacking, if I understood "sucker punched" correctly.

- almost all don't teach how to use weapons or use impracticable weapons(e.g swords,spears).
Because there are limitations in many areas concerning weapons, however even training with old weapons can help with improvisation where you cannot use fireguns, like in Ninjutsu or Kali Silat.

For example a 6 months person who learned how to use a slingshot could beat decades of experienced hand-to-hand fighter.
These hypothetical situations... Ok, the inverse could also be possible, and this does not makes m.a. a waste of time or "double edged", or makes the martial artist unable to use improvised weapons either.

Of course someone with no combat skills is at disadvantage, given that they have the same mental (creativity, protecting someone they love) and emotional state (confidence/courage), with similar level of equipment and number of opponents, and same type of terrain (elevation, light, space, ground friction)!

If you practice combat with a set of rules, unless you are a beginner (to not have patterns engraved in you) or a master (to be able to think outside the box) in that area you would probably stick with what you learned.
For example Royce Gracie defeated in UFC-1 a famous boxer at that time, who didn't think about doing anything other than sticking to his boxing.

So that means you need to train in large area of possibilities to cover multiple scenarios, so that you have a large set of patterns.

That requires the study of hand-to-hand combat + grappling + weapons training + defending against weapons without having them + weapon vs weapon fighting + defending against dogs + multiple skilled opponents. However, you also need to balance this and drop some of the scenarios. For example some military MA techniques, are only applicable in military fields!

Moreover you need mental and emotional training, to not freeze in a life threatening scenario. Also you need to have a plan on how to fight in different terrain types.
You also need to take into consideration how to tackle useful self defense passive tools like body-armour or motorcycle helmet.

While MA improve you body in many ways, I argue that since they don't have a plan on how to improve it, it won't be as effective as gymnastics for example. 1 hour of kicking and punching repeated on an extended period of time, will not make you body as strong, flexible and balanced as 1 hour of gymnastics repeated on a extended period of time. It's true that gymnastics/triathlon are demanding on the body, but that is the competition phase, you don't have to push your body beyond its limits every training session to squeeze that 1-2% benefit for that sport.

Sucker punch is a surprise attack, which can happen to anyone. For example you are on you way to work in a crowded place and someone that has a grudge on you, followed you and stabbed you from the back, no warnings before that.

The amount of time spend on preparing and maintaining what you learned to be prepared will be enormous. So unless your job requires skills like this, it is really impracticable for an average person to dedicate so much time to cover an ocean of possibilities.

I think it's better to put that time on RTRs and have confidence that the Gods or our GD will protect us when the situation goes out of our hand.

I concur with Marcus here, the best M.A. is the one you can practice with consistence:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJOcfbDZdF8

ss666 said:
The amount of time spend on preparing and maintaining what you learned to be prepared will be enormous.
This applies to anything someone may dedicate to, including one's mundane job. Yes when things go out of hand, if we can deffend ourselves and be independent that will be the best.

One thing I learned from Egon's taekwondo video he has in the Main post here is that when you throw a kick or punch it should be in a spiral effect as this is the only way it can penetrate the body. I think it is personally true as it increased my confidence in my self defense.

Hey Egon, I watched some more of the videos he posted and what I noticed is that some of the things he says in the videos are against what he says in others.

Also to the public he appears pro everything. I don't know if it has to do with 'keeping up appearances' but it does seem to cause some sort of maze.
Also he encourages people to go to the gym work out and be strong, and he does have some good points in the videos though, but I think those were mostly taken before the youtube censorship period.

Anyway, I checked the website he posted on one of the videos also. Not much to say about that.

Basicly what I should say is, form your own opinion.

Plus yes he kind of rallied people to get strong so we can fight off those invaders may it end in civil war. Its not in every video, only after quite a few clicks I heard about that.

Haven't watched the videos yet but from others reply, I will. I enjoying seeing MA always new things to learn.

And thanks HP, I didn't know that before.
Little lesson in history lol.

I do know now that the military uses mostly just the points of fighting where will take the other person down fast or just kill him.

I know, I just agreed with that video in particular, half of the things Marcus/Golden says is christian BS.

Roswitha said:
Hey Egon, I watched some more of the videos he posted and what I noticed is that some of the things he says in the videos are against what he says in others.

I think I mentioned the older videos would be better, however, most informative videos were uploaded in the last 6 months to a year.

I must say what is said though is well said. Not like the super angry dude or anything. Its good.

When I clicked on them they were in the side being recommendations, which ended me up being confused about the timeline.

If I made any other mistakes, I apologize. It was not my intention to blaspheme a good person.

The benifit's of meditation should not be underestimated, especially when combined with martial training.

A while back I was sucker punches, right on my temple by a dude who even had a running start. Somehow, don't ask me exactly how this happened, but somehow I was unscathed and didn't even flinch, it didn't hurt and it felt like his fist just kind of bounced off. I barely wobbled at all, and it definitly was a solid hit, right on my temple.

I saw it comming from the corner of my eye, but couldn't react in time (it was night and the dude was a black man in a black coat, so it was quite hard to see him comming in the small alley way where I was surrounded by these 10 thugs).

I'm not a trained martial artist, but I do have some experience. In this situation I was surrounded by a group of 10 dudes, who decided to be extremely aggressive to me. 3 of them attempted to push me down, after they had surrounded me. In that moment I felt my energy rise up, like a defence mechanism, then this one dude sucker punched me in the right temple. It didn't do anything as I said, due to my energy rising up the way it did.

I pushed the other 3 dudes who attempted to push me down off of me, and suddenly they all backed off and ended the conflict, they became timid like nothing had happened.

In a direct fight I would have stood no chance I think, in a one against 10 situation, where I was already surrounded. On top of that some of them were drunk as well as they reeked of alchohol. Still the moment my energy rose up and I stood my ground, pushing those dudes away from me they backed off.

The way your aura can influence other people is not something to be underestimated. In that moment, even though physically I lack the strength to fight against that many attackers, I got extremely pissed off and vizualized myself killing all of them, right then and there, I projected my anger and killing intent at those thugs almost instinctively and well they backed off and walked away right in that moment.

I can imagine the effects of your aura are not insignificant when you also have a strong, trained physique and have martial arts training as well.

It can soften incomming blows, strengthen your own fist which makes you hit much harder, influence the mind and soul of attackers in such a way they would think better than to attack you, even though physically they might have you beat. It can drastically reduce damage from any attack you suffered too and enhance your survivability significantly, which only get's amplified if you actually have a strong and well trained physique.

It seems material arts like shaolin kung fu and the more spiritual material arts deal with chi.
But what doesn't seem to be said is anything about how to use it.

If you think about how your aura can affect anything when you're aware of it and have done some practice with it.
Basicly that would just be a minor thing.

I think that you have to work on moving this energy within you. Get rid of blocks so it can flow freely.
Now I have watched this video below. And at some point after a few minutes people go flying off and they mention that by adapting ones own energy to another and moving it around causes to do that.

When you would use your own energy on someone else, that can lead to complications. As you wouldn't breathe in dirty energy during some practice of aquiring energy.
Some people go to pagan circles and they raise their energy or attempt to. Some are good at it and they then overwhelm others and make them nauseated with just their own energy. Now the average pagan has never heard of aura cleaning or anything like that, so it might have to do with this.
But I wanted to point out that this might be the possible reason that one would rather adapt their own energy to put another off balance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT2ZRUR-B0g

There is also another video I saw that was about healing with energy and the person said that male and female energies were united and that was used to heal others. Male below and female above. Which if one takes what one knows from the website turns that this might be the chakras that theyre talking about.

Also I will have to rewatch but more or less it was also said that mastering the female energies or the balance of male and female aka yin/yang has to do with some things one could do.
Now I have had spoken with someone in the past about meditation and stuff and he said that by separating the male and female energies inside the body he could ... like grow his finger nails real long in a short period of time ????? but when I asked about it years later the person wasn't much into meditation anymore.

But for those interested it might be worth trying to look up what you can do with this and what is true and what isn't.

NaziMan12 said:
One thing I learned from Egon's taekwondo video he has in the Main post here is that when you throw a kick or punch it should be in a spiral effect as this is the only way it can penetrate the body. I think it is personally true as it increased my confidence in my self defense.

Yeah this is a great way to manipulate the body of an attacker; the rotation, like a pinching effect adds to the wounds of the strikes.

My real question is how to execute rolls and dives on concrete. I've tried this on unpaved roads but the effect isn't as serious as the sidewalk I would guess. :roll:

For this purpose, you should look after Jiu-Jitsu instructions .

SoulSnipes said:
My real question is how to execute rolls and dives on concrete. I've tried this on unpaved roads but the effect isn't as serious as the sidewalk I would guess. :roll:

You can also buy that DVD: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Revolution...ing-Lessons-English-Spanish-TKD-/151766000118

SeerOfSS said:
Haven't watched the videos yet but from others reply, I will. I enjoying seeing MA always new things to learn.

And thanks HP, I didn't know that before.
Little lesson in history lol.

I do know now that the military uses mostly just the points of fighting where will take the other person down fast or just kill him.

Is there a way I could teach myself martial arts where and how do I begin to go about this ?

You shoul have a tutor to check your progress and correct your blows, not necessarily physically present, but you must have sure you will practice with consistence and discipline. A partner for training is also of great help, you don't need to buy expensive material, just a pair of punch mitts and kick pads if you have a partner is enough, if you are alone, a punch bag or Bob. In general I'm not against paying a few bucks for a formal training, as you will have partners, a tutor, equipment, the local for training and a set up routine.

BoRn of fire said:
Is there a way I could teach myself martial arts where and how do I begin to go about this ?

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back