Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Is Santa Muerte a pagan goddess in disguise?

ZmajEriksson

I just watched a video from Thomas Sheridan about this. He basically said it's the resurgence of the "mother death" in the Latin community and compared her to Kali and the Black Medona (pagan symbol in desguise) and said that it's the start of a return to indigenous Paganism. I'm not sure how I feel about it but it's an interesting idea

https://youtu.be/LpcGR2Hp9cE

A while back I went to Wikipedia but not really sure about info but she is based off a pagan Goddess I ask the question on forums an got no response so I gave up I was like better safe than sorry especially with christards in those days trying to put jewsus symbolism on pagan deitys I'm sure she is but your guess is as good as mine

Satnam666 said:
A while back I went to Wikipedia but not really sure about info but she is based off a pagan Goddess I ask the question on forums an got no response so I gave up I was like better safe than sorry especially with christards in those days trying to put jewsus symbolism on pagan deitys I'm sure she is but your guess is as good as mine

I'm honestly tempted to venerate her as my ancestry is partly Latino. But I'd have to get rid of the rosary and replace it with something like mala beeds. I get the feeling she is a pagan goddess in disguise

According to Wikipedia there are several scientists and historians who believe Santa Muerte is a pre-columbian deity that was worshipped in secret until recently. I also noticed her sacred animal, the owl, and her symbol of the scales which are both associated with Athena in Europe. I'm almost certain she's a pagan goddess at this point

ZmajEriksson said:
According to Wikipedia there are several scientists and historians who believe Santa Muerte is a pre-columbian deity that was worshipped in secret until recently. I also noticed her sacred animal, the owl, and her symbol of the scales which are both associated with Athena in Europe. I'm almost certain she's a pagan goddess at this point

I know viracocha is Satan an quetzalcoatl is thoth an I know they said who Athena was who knows Santa Muerte could be Athena but still
Lot of the aincent Aztec an maya religions have been corrupted in some way by the enemy hoodedcobra did a sermon on it their is mummy's wearing the Pope hat an grey images
So trying to restore it to its former satanic glory will be a difficult task but if she is Athena then just use the sigil of her it would be more useful than trying to remove xian symbolism

Satnam666 said:
ZmajEriksson said:

I know viracocha is Satan an quetzalcoatl is thoth an I know they said who Athena was who knows Santa Muerte could be Athena but still
Lot of the aincent Aztec an maya religions have been corrupted in some way by the enemy hoodedcobra did a sermon on it their is mummy's wearing the Pope hat an grey images
So trying to restore it to its former satanic glory will be a difficult task but if she is Athena then just use the sigil of her it would be more useful than trying to remove xian symbolism

Her symbols are shared with Athena but her portrayal of the Mother Death and her attributes bear a striking resemblance to Kali who I believe is Lilith. She also reminds me of the Norse goddess Hel. Her form of Niña Blanca, the White Lady, in particular seems like a very positive being. She could be an amalgamation of multiple goddesses. And many pagan sects used symbolism similar to christianity purely to avoid persecution or because that imagery was co-opted by the church. I think the only part of her imagery that really needs to be done away with as a threat would be the cross she often holds. And imagery like this is great for facilitating psychic work just like the imagery in pagan temples. I think if we do away with the cross and the Christian terms used in prayers to her it could be positive for us to some extent

She is aztec godess of underworld, mictlan, as the aztecs called it. She is mictecacihuatl.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back