Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Eternal Struggle

ShadowTheRaven

The struggle is forever.

Even if the war is won tomorrow and the enemy totally eradicated, we still struggle for the rest of our lives to get what we want. I know I'm expected to keep on doing this until I drop dead. 60 more years or so, even if I'm an old man with dementia confined in the hospital on life support hallucinating the Gods standing by my deathbed I'll still fight because I must. It never stops, and that's what survival is all about. Am I strong enough to keep going for that long? Only time will tell.

Imagine being in a World War I era trench, your side and the enemy's side firing their weapons back and forth, and you can't afford to stop pulling that trigger until your weapon's empty, reloading, and resuming fire going on and on for weeks on end with very little time to rest over all of the grenade and artillery explosions happening all around you. That's the type of pressure our enemy is putting on us now and has been putting on us for years and for years to come.

The difference between us and them is that we have the spirit to fight, and if you don't, you better find it pretty fucking fast and know that the Gods reward their warriors. If there is a Valhalla for us, I hope to see it. That's all I care about now, eradicating the enemy on every conceivable level and upon death or godhood, whatever comes first, I get to join in a blessed feast with you all by my side.

After all, to be a battle hardened soldier is the most honorable life to lead and if you're not a squeamish weak little punk, then blessings shine upon you for we shall inherit the planet at the end of this conflict, and at the dawn of the next. It never stops, don't expect it to for the struggle is forever.

I felt like writing something so fuck it I suppose.

I mean look I don't mean to start an argument but do you really not see the issue in your mentality?

The struggle is not eternal it is very much temporary and coming to it's end. Why do you envision yourself in a hospital suffering from mental illness?

To be a battle hardened soldier is to be emotionally and mentally scarred and to carry many issues with your soul into the next life. Stop fantasizing about being a martyr.

The gods reward results, not martyrdom. You can accomplish so much more by being an influential politician or businessman, than being a "soldier". I know none of it is literal but you should change the way you see yourself and what you strive to be.

There is no "valhalla" unless we make it here.

Dahaarkan said:
The gods reward results, not martyrdom. You can accomplish so much more by being an influential politician or businessman, than being a "soldier". I know none of it is literal but you should change the way you see yourself and what you strive to be.

I strive to win this war at all costs. I don't care if I have to do 30 RTRs a day to do it. If they want results, they're getting results.

The mindset of boundless extremes however will cause potential breakdown and/or exhaustion, and this puts a bigger and bigger toll on someone, until they can no longer fight. Then, one loses.

So pace yourself instead. I see the matter similarly, but just incorporate this in your view.

They do reward people, and above all they give the means so one can reward themselves, and not be dependent on their hand to feed them in perpetuity.

HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:
The mindset of boundless extremes however will cause potential breakdown and/or exhaustion, and this puts a bigger and bigger toll on someone, until they can no longer fight. Then, one loses.

So pace yourself instead. I see the matter similarly, but just incorporate this in your view.

They do reward people, and above all they give the means so one can reward themselves, and not be dependent on their hand to feed them in perpetuity.

All I've ever wanted to do was become a hero, Cobra. I kept thinking, if I fight hard enough I can overcome all this. The last thing I want for myself is to become some washed up useless piece of shit that even the Gods won't glance at. I keep on thinking, if I had just made an even bigger effort perhaps we wouldn't have this Covid bullshit, or whatever disaster comes our way. Failure just isn't an option.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back