Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

I'm not able to download jos backup.

StyleCoin

always gives error by mega, I click on download and nothing happens, the quota also exceeds, does anyone have jos hosted on torrent or google drive?

There is one kind of an error where your browser can't download a file that big, so it wants you to download the program called MegaSync and download it through Megasync. But to use that, you need to make a Mega account, but it can just be a free account. Then you can download things.

Then if you download many things, a thing will come up saying you exceeded the amount of bandwidth that your account is allowed to use on downloads/uploads. You can just wait a couple hours and this resets and you can download more. Or Aquarius was saying that you can just use a VPN, and when that error comes up, just change the VPN to a different virtual location and it will be instantly reset for you to download more.

Then on the link I shared, there was a problem with downloading some of the things. Some kind of error relating to the Exif data on those files, came up as a copyright thing and Mega didn't want to let you download the stuff. Including the JOS PDFs and RTR pages. So all of those files were run through a program that removes all the unnecessary Exif data, and were reuploaded. The files that wouldn't download were deleted and replaced with clean versions that do download. So that problem is all fixed now.

I think this is the only 3 problems you would have had, and looks like all 3 of them are fixed. Another thing, if you try to do this on your phone it can be very slow and never end up opening the folder. It should be done on a computer.

In the link I shared, there are now compressed/zipped versions of the folders. So now you can just download one thing, just the compressed version which acts like one file. Then after it downloads, extract it and it all unpacks and becomes a regular folder again. With everything in it. This might be easier than downloading many things individually.

StyleCoin said:
always gives error by mega, I click on download and nothing happens, the quota also exceeds, does anyone have jos hosted on torrent or google drive?

What error does it say? Try a different browser and/or try a VPN or switching the VPN/VPN node.

Man this mega download site is full of shit. Asks me to wait 1 hour to start downloading, downloads like 3% and then i have to wait AGAIN (Unless I pay them some shekels) because I exceeded some quota; not to mention errors and super crap download speed for soem reason.

I'm in the same boat, I have to wait 4 hours for every 2 GB it downloads

Nightmare

Ol argedco luciftias said:
There is one kind of an error where your browser can't download a file that big, so it wants you to download the program called MegaSync and download it through Megasync. But to use that, you need to make a Mega account, but it can just be a free account. Then you can download things.

Then if you download many things, a thing will come up saying you exceeded the amount of bandwidth that your account is allowed to use on downloads/uploads. You can just wait a couple hours and this resets and you can download more. Or Aquarius was saying that you can just use a VPN, and when that error comes up, just change the VPN to a different virtual location and it will be instantly reset for you to download more.

Then on the link I shared, there was a problem with downloading some of the things. Some kind of error relating to the Exif data on those files, came up as a copyright thing and Mega didn't want to let you download the stuff. Including the JOS PDFs and RTR pages. So all of those files were run through a program that removes all the unnecessary Exif data, and were reuploaded. The files that wouldn't download were deleted and replaced with clean versions that do download. So that problem is all fixed now.

I think this is the only 3 problems you would have had, and looks like all 3 of them are fixed. Another thing, if you try to do this on your phone it can be very slow and never end up opening the folder. It should be done on a computer.

I'll try it right now, thanks for the huge help. :)

Blitzkreig said:
StyleCoin said:

What error does it say? Try a different browser and/or try a VPN or switching the VPN/VPN node.
says it is lowering more not actually.

StyleCoin said:
Torrent should not be considered because of safety risk. Only use torrent with vpn, but there are always some people who don't, and that situation will endanger privacy of those individuals big time.

Google services are to be avoided for obvious reasons. Dropbox too is part of PRISM, but I've seen some JoS stuff uploaded to Dropbox. I guess in the current situation that leaves us mostly with Mega.nz.

As noted before with VPN you get more out of mega. Change the node, and you have more transfer capacity, but I don't think this works logged in, just when you don't have an account. The monthly payment of 5€ is not bad for 400 GB Storage and 1 TB Transfer, and just by installing megasync on your computer you get 20GB storage and 40GB transfer for 180 days. There are more achievements that will grant more bonus for example installing a phone app and sms verification, but I would not recommend it unless you have a burner phone. You can also invite a friend to use mega and get a little bit of bonus for a full year.

ryanherter said:
I'm in the same boat, I have to wait 4 hours for every 2 GB it downloads

Nightmare
BlackJackal said:
Man this mega download site is full of shit. Asks me to wait 1 hour to start downloading, downloads like 3% and then i have to wait AGAIN (Unless I pay them some shekels) because I exceeded some quota; not to mention errors and super crap download speed for soem reason.

Download ProtonVPN. When your download has halted you exit the megasync program and change your VPN, then open Megasync again and your download will resume. Repeat until you download the whole thing.

I just downloaded it on my phone as a zip. I use a file explorer application to look at the files in the zip. The reason I don't extract is cause it would take up alot of memory. Kinda slow but it save about 10 gbs. Also I got it fromMega Application.

someone put it on google drive
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zxJ6WNXtjQ8_l_fMcfSL4nwgXBKLuWB1/view?usp=sharing

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back