Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Help for falling into a Trance?

What about the following...

When doing void meditation (focusing on the blackness, emptiness, whatever) I said, why not go longer and try to get into a trance. Then I became motivated to accomplish this since I failed everytime.

I relax and there's a point past a light trance that suddenly I feel as if im being lifted up or as if I start to fly. This is the point that my body for whatever reason gets me instantly out of that state because my heart starts beating too fast and im back to step 1.

Keep in mind that I don't control my breath, I just let my body adjust it automatically but my questions are the following:

What is that sensation - is it what one feels when entering a deeper state or what? and the next is why does it happen? Im not scared at all when that happens as it sort of feels good. This is maybe the 4th time I get to that point at will so maybe my body is not used to it but idk

I found a way not long ago that's helped me.
First do the beautiful meditation of Satan and get a good high. While concentrating on the energy ,you will lose feeling of your body. If you don't, as in trance fall back. Most people have a misunderstanding of what we're trying to achieve here. They focus on the visualization of falling which is not required. The feeling of falling is more important. Just "feel" like your falling and you'll enter into a trance.

V12-POWER said:

When doing void meditation (focusing on the blackness, emptiness, whatever) I said, why not go longer and try to get into a trance. Then I became motivated to accomplish this since I failed everytime.

I relax and there's a point past a light trance that suddenly I feel as if im being lifted up or as if I start to fly. This is the point that my body for whatever reason gets me instantly out of that state because my heart starts beating too fast and im back to step 1.

Keep in mind that I don't control my breath, I just let my body adjust it automatically but my questions are the following:

What is that sensation - is it what one feels when entering a deeper state or what? and the next is why does it happen? Im not scared at all when that happens as it sort of feels good. This is maybe the 4th time I get to that point at will so maybe my body is not used to it but idk

I did read somewhere if your hearth beats heavy you are close to astal projection or at least it happens also before this, maybe you did this by exident. (tryed to find the post but failed -.- ) . Maybe zolaluckystar could help you with this.

Sometimes if we are dirty it can prevent us from relaxing and falling into a trance state. I know from my experience that before I cleaned some shit from myself I barely could even stay still and relaxed. It seems that I had problems with anxiety and I felt all the time that I have to do something else or that something bad is happening outside in that moment of deep relaxation.
And after I cleaned myself and opened my crown chakra everything became easier.

Another thing is..concentration problems. Gods have explained to me that sometimes highly intelligent and creative people tend to get easily bored and therefore certain simple tasks can be very boring and unsatisfying to them. While concentrating solely on something that is simple and easy their mind can wander around refusing to deal with the simple task that is given to them. They would rather chose something more stimulative to them or to pick several easy tasks to do at the same time. Sometimes the way they struggle it almost seems like they have some kind of retardation. They often come along with very hyperactive mind that is hard to control (maybe even ADHD). The key is to be patient to yourself and honest. Giving up or feeling bad about yourself, calling yourself stupid or a loser is out of the game. If you are one of those people just learn how to ground yourself ( earth element and a little bit of healthy Saturn's energy might be of help) and to learn to control your beautiful mind.

And I would like to say that we all here are picked by the Gods for a reason and all of us here have beautiful souls and a minds that needs to be nurtured and taken care of properly. Believe in yourself because they believe in you. Just keep practicing more :)

Snell'sLaw said:
It seems that no matter how hard I try, I'm unable to fall into a deep trance.
I'm able to relax my body, however I'm unable to fully 'not feel' it nor am I able to fully still my mind (although that may be from the daily stress in my life).
I'm honestly trying my best, but I'm now starting to wonder if maybe using another method instead would help.

Are there any alternative ways to falling into a trance besides the method in the URL below?
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/Trance.html

Anyone got any tips?

Aside from the great intel provided by the other SS here, I have a small tip for stilling your mind that worked wonders for me.

I found this method many years ago outside the JoS.
Focus on your mind and notice all your rampant thoughts drifting around in it. Then imagine a small black hole in this space, slowly sucking in every thought one by one. It's important here to focus solely on the 'sucking effect' of the black hole, and not on any individual thoughts. Just let your mind loose and notice how every thought that pops up gets sucked into the black hole right away.

For beginners, I found that this method of visualization works much better than conventional void meditation, because instead of 'repressing' all thoughts, you just let them come freely as they're sucked into the black hole. After a little while of doing this (usually a few minutes at most), your mind will naturally calm down and your thoughts will be very slow and easy to control. This should make it much easier to fall into a trance.

Hope this is helpful to you in some way. :)

Shael said:
For beginners, I found that this method of visualization works much better than conventional void meditation, because instead of 'repressing' all thoughts, you just let them come freely as they're sucked into the black hole. After a little while of doing this (usually a few minutes at most), your mind will naturally calm down and your thoughts will be very slow and easy to control. This should make it much easier to fall into a trance.

Void meditation isn't about repressing thought. Repressing thoughts only cause conflicts that make the mind even more unstable and harder to control. Void meditation is about removing unwanted extra thoughts through complete single point focus. By keeping focus on stillness and void, other thoughts naturally dissipate. The point isn't to control every single thought in your mind. Its to focus on a single point as it will cause all the other thoughts to disappear. Thoughts = energy. Focus = direction. If the focus is put in a single place then there is no energy going to other thoughts and thus the mind is still.

This is why void meditation is important. It teaches and trains a person to remain focus on a single point. Through that focus one will be unable to be distracted. In this current time period there is so much emphasis on multi tasking as living has become chaotic. Multi tasking is indeed a wonderful skill but it is the enemy of meditation. The mind dilutes its energy by placing it into different thoughts and actions. Void meditation reteaches the skill to take all of your focus into a single act/thought.

Zeffie of the Wind said:
Shael said:

Void meditation isn't about repressing thought. Repressing thoughts only cause conflicts that make the mind even more unstable and harder to control. Void meditation is about removing unwanted extra thoughts through complete single point focus. By keeping focus on stillness and void, other thoughts naturally dissipate. The point isn't to control every single thought in your mind. Its to focus on a single point as it will cause all the other thoughts to disappear. Thoughts = energy. Focus = direction. If the focus is put in a single place then there is no energy going to other thoughts and thus the mind is still.

This is why void meditation is important. It teaches and trains a person to remain focus on a single point. Through that focus one will be unable to be distracted. In this current time period there is so much emphasis on multi tasking as living has become chaotic. Multi tasking is indeed a wonderful skill but it is the enemy of meditation. The mind dilutes its energy by placing it into different thoughts and actions. Void meditation reteaches the skill to take all of your focus into a single act/thought.

It seems I didn't relay my point properly there, my bad.
Let me just start this off by saying that I do not think void meditation is bad in any way whatsoever. The way you described it is certainly accurate, if you look at it through the eyes of someone who can already control their thoughts somewhat well to begin with. As a beginner, I used to struggle a lot with controlling rampant thoughts, and I've found conventional void meditation to be extremely difficult to do. While it is true that during void meditation you focus only on what you are currently doing, you will have thoughts creep in frequently if you are still bad at controlling them. And since you refuse to focus on these thoughts, there is a feeling of 'repression' involved (atleast from my point of view). I'm not saying that this is a bad thing. All I'm saying is that this makes conventional void meditation questionable to use if you only want to calm your thoughts.
My message was not written with the intent to 'challenge' the effectiveness and validity of our void meditation, but rather to provide the most effective means for fellow SS Snell'sLaw to clear their thoughts in preparation for going into trance. Based on their message, I had presumed that they struggle with controlling their thoughts similarly to how I did back when I was a beginner. That's why I suggested this method as it works in a more calm and harmonic way, which makes it easier for most beginners to utilize. This of course does not necessarily exclude usage of void meditation either. Simply doing it as a preliminary to calm your thoughts will make actual void meditation easier to do as well.

To paint a picture-
Imagine you want to learn how to fight.
In the first way of learning it, you do so by getting pitted against 100 enemies at once, trying to continue battle while sustaining hit after hit. It's very difficult, but being successful will leave you battle-hardened and much stronger than before. This is void meditation.
Now imagine fighting the first 90 enemies one by one with as many breaks as you need inbetween, and only then being pitted against the remaining 10. You're certain to sustain way less hits and the whole thing will be much easier for you to do. As a result, you wont become as battle-hardened as you would via the first method. However, if all you want to do is defeat the 100 enemies, it's clearly the easier approach for someone with no combat experience.

I like to use battle for explanations, but I hope you get my point anyways.

I'm always eager to discuss further if you still disagree with me.

V12-POWER said:

I quote myself because I found it myself...seems like when the "lifting" sensation occurs im simply drifting to an even deeper state. Although my body is still not used to it, it's the second time after that post of mine. Today I managed to keep going a little bit more and felt as if I wasn't in my room anymore and the blackness of having my eyes closed seemed to change into a whiteish light background. Then again it got out of control and fell out of the trance but at least im getting there it seems.

Shael said:

It seems I didn't relay my point properly there, my bad.
Let me just start this off by saying that I do not think void meditation is bad in any way whatsoever. The way you described it is certainly accurate, if you look at it through the eyes of someone who can already control their thoughts somewhat well to begin with. As a beginner, I used to struggle a lot with controlling rampant thoughts, and I've found conventional void meditation to be extremely difficult to do. While it is true that during void meditation you focus only on what you are currently doing, you will have thoughts creep in frequently if you are still bad at controlling them. And since you refuse to focus on these thoughts, there is a feeling of 'repression' involved (atleast from my point of view). I'm not saying that this is a bad thing. All I'm saying is that this makes conventional void meditation questionable to use if you only want to calm your thoughts.
My message was not written with the intent to 'challenge' the effectiveness and validity of our void meditation, but rather to provide the most effective means for fellow SS Snell'sLaw to clear their thoughts in preparation for going into trance. Based on their message, I had presumed that they struggle with controlling their thoughts similarly to how I did back when I was a beginner. That's why I suggested this method as it works in a more calm and harmonic way, which makes it easier for most beginners to utilize. This of course does not necessarily exclude usage of void meditation either. Simply doing it as a preliminary to calm your thoughts will make actual void meditation easier to do as well.

To paint a picture-
Imagine you want to learn how to fight.
In the first way of learning it, you do so by getting pitted against 100 enemies at once, trying to continue battle while sustaining hit after hit. It's very difficult, but being successful will leave you battle-hardened and much stronger than before. This is void meditation.
Now imagine fighting the first 90 enemies one by one with as many breaks as you need inbetween, and only then being pitted against the remaining 10. You're certain to sustain way less hits and the whole thing will be much easier for you to do. As a result, you wont become as battle-hardened as you would via the first method. However, if all you want to do is defeat the 100 enemies, it's clearly the easier approach for someone with no combat experience.

I like to use battle for explanations, but I hope you get my point anyways.

I'm always eager to discuss further if you still disagree with me.

My point wasn't to say that your method was wrong. Focusing on a mental black hole that suck away thoughts is certainly a valid way of void meditation. The act of void meditation is single point focus. If you focus on the black hole you wrote of and put all of your focus on it then that too is a type of void meditation. I found nothing wrong with the method you stated hence why I didn't mention it.

The main point was the misconception of "repressing thoughts". The mind can't be forced when meditating as its a form of conflict within the mind. Meditation must be done while relaxed. Thoughts are given energy when focused. If you focus on trying to repress thoughts from appearing there is still energy being directed to the thoughts that are forming as you are repressing something that still exists. In simpler terms, the act of "trying not to think" of "x" is the same as thinking about it. This might also relate to why affirmations must not be a negative statement. For something to "not happen" there needs to be a situation that has the possibility of it happening in it.

In my opinion, the reason why so many beginners have trouble with void meditation at the start is because of the belief that it means being able to control every single thought inside ones head and thus they attempt to do that. This is a fallacy. Having multiple rampant thoughts in one head and trying to control each and every one of it is mental multi tasking. To void is to focus on a single point. Even if there are other thoughts in ones head let them be. Keep the focus on the task or act at hand, whether it be a breathing exercise or the black hole thing you wrote about. Eventually the thoughts dissipate as there are no energy being directed to them.

Connecting this to the main topic, trance (more specifically deep trance) actually requires a tremendous amount of focus. Trance requires one to be conscious while having deep relaxation. One has to have the ability to focus and keep ones mind in control in order to remain awake while in a state one usually has while asleep. Developing ones ability to focus and ones ability to relax will help achieve deeper levels of trance. Even a single moment of broken concentration can destroy a trance like state. This is also a reason why one must not have any environmental distractions during a session. Not only is it painful if one is forcefully broken out of trance, it also makes achieving trance difficult especially while starting out.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back