Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Self-Respect and Self-Destructiveness

Sundara

Having a lack of self love and self respect can be one of the biggest roadblocks towards advancement in Satanism. This often stems from enemy programs and childhood issues, and a lot of people have them. So much so, it’s often easy to miss entirely what it even means to love and respect yourself in a true and deep way. The meaning has been lost in superficiality (people that tie their self worth into superficial things) or in the opposite sense of loving flaws and weaknesses that are destructive and can actually change. None of these things are true self love. Loving yourself is a deep appreciation for your own body and soul, respecting yourself by taking care of yourself is important. It can be difficult to care for yourself long term if you’re just telling yourself to do these things without truly feeling it or meaning it. It’s easy to push yourself way too far, into the deep end, because you’re not respecting your own limits and you’re self destructing by doing this. This can stem from a lack of care and understanding of your own current state. It’s easy to fall off the path of advancement when you don’t love yourself because you’re simply trying to follow a structured meditation schedule and you’re not doing this out of love or respect for yourself. You can do it for the love of Satan and it can carry you far, but there comes a time when you really do need to love yourself to advance. This can be harming to a persons relationship with Satan or an ability to get closer through advancement. Satan wants us to love and care for ourselves in the same way he does, and how can he care for us if we are not doing the same for ourselves? This goes for beginners and more advanced members, a person can make it far and still have some of these weaknesses. As satanists, we need to weed out the weaknesses through and through. Over and over.

This becomes a roadblock in empowerment and spiritual workings. You won’t know when to say no to something, or someone. It can lead to psychic mess ups and so on.

This can be a long and difficult thing to fully achieve in permanence. If you’re like me, early on you’ll just beat yourself up for not loving yourself enough. Satan can help us change these things and one of the biggest and first steps I think anyone should take coming into this is learning to truly love yourself for who you are. How you dress, whatever personality traits you may currently have that you dislike, disregard it all and start with self love and self respect. From there, the rest can follow. You can still have flaws and love yourself truly and deeply, because when you do that, you will have the desire to work on yourself. You’ll feel like stopping damning habits because you love yourself, not because someone else told you that it’s required of you. Also, Satan does love his people regardless unless someone is too far off and he can’t help. The love he shows us can guide us to this if we accept it. There is an independence and mutuality that we have to be able to maintain in our relationships.

Sometimes when you first get that whiff of love and self-respect, it can be such a relief and it can be overtaking in that you think it’s all done. I think everyone can love themselves more if you’re just starting out or have struggled to stay on a steady path of advancement. You really can’t love yourself too much in the sense of self respect and true self pride. Not needless egotism, or loving your damning habits.

Learning to accept love from others can also be difficult, which can get in the way of forming connections with the Gods. We also need to accept their love and what they have to offer. When someone is rejecting of love, it can be hard for that to fully come through. It is there entirely on their end if a person is true in heart. We’re trying to rewrite ourselves out of the abusive relationships the world has been plagued with by the jews. Christianity, ect. Any abuse anyone has experienced can be a huge block.

The Gods have shown me very real and intense love, and they’ve hammered it into my head repeatedly through many different ways. But them telling me to do so and feeling their love is only HALF of the whole.

If you can honestly ask yourself the question “Do I love myself? Do I have enough self-respect?” and you don’t really know what that is off the top of your head, or it’s kind of a yes and no answer, it needs work.

This goes hand in hand with a belief I had from birth, and that is, how can I love someone else if I don't love myself first. Real love and connection with the external is established after
you love yourself.

I had a lot of females tell me they love me, but I knew they didn't love themselves to do that, a none sense emerges.As such I wouldn't love myself if I would let anyone in my life without them being conscious in themselves. Love is not mental. A standard set to self is needed for exactly the self.

Sundara said:
Sometimes when you first get that whiff of love and self-respect, it can be such a relief and it can be overtaking in that you think it’s all done. I think everyone can love themselves more if you’re just starting out or have struggled to stay on a steady path of advancement. You really can’t love yourself too much in the sense of self respect and true self pride. Not needless egotism, or loving your damning habits.

If you can honestly ask yourself the question “Do I love myself? Do I have enough self-respect?” and you don’t really know what that is off the top of your head, or it’s kind of a yes and no answer, it needs work.

Yeah I got that very early on in Satanism and I'd been deprived of it for very long. I swung into a total arrogant state in my personal life which was extremely alien to me because I'd never felt good about myself about anything before. All of my sense of ego was externalized into things that weren't of me, then swung into a very self aware state all of a sudden and totally instating myself to people who pissed me off. Then and before that, I didn't really know how to just be. In that balanced state. I've experienced it before, but I always got pulled away from it somehow.

Yeah it's still a yes and no answer from me. Either it's no and I really despise myself, or it's yes and so comes the contentness with all of my crap. Not really true 'self love' in a Venus sense but in the self assured sense. Helpful in a heated moment- but not when the Moon turns and we're inclined to look inward. That's the eternal wake-up call for me.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back