Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

The 4 elements and the Natal Chart

luis

I want to ask this directly to the astrologers of Jos so I'll quote them here I want to balance my elements so I looked at my natal chart where it shows how much of each element you have and it made sense in certain ways. Basically, I have many planets in earth signs (a stellium in an earth sign), at second place fire, third air, and last water.

By looking at what the element section in the chart says, I have little water and a lot of fire but this does not make sense to me and I'm wondering this, is it possible that because my ascendant is a water sign this shows in me having more water? How does it work?

Now I don't know if I should invoke fire instead of water to balance. It makes sense to me if I don't look at the chart that I'm very "water". What should I do?

Henu the Great said:
For balancing issues you could try invoking the Quintessence.
I thought the same but if you notice nowhere on the Jos site its wrote you can balance all your elements just by invoking quintessance. I remember I think Lydia or one of the HP's said it did not work this way. I remember trying some times ago and I did not got any results.

luis said:
I thought the same but if you notice nowhere on the Jos site its wrote you can balance all your elements just by invoking quintessance. I remember I think Lydia or one of the HP's said it did not work this way. I remember trying some times ago and I did not got any results.
Ok, so my best advice is what I would do in the same situation and that is trial & error. It's not like you would die if you unbalance yourself a bit more. Then you can be sure what works for yourself and correct it.

Looking at the chart by purely at the elements is not enough. It's more complex matter. You would need to take the houses and planets into consideration also. Not to forget decans, decrees, aspects and whatnot.

Henu the Great said:
luis said:
Ok, so my best advice is what I would do in the same situation and that is trial & error. It's not like you would die if you unbalance yourself a bit more. Then you can be sure what works for yourself and correct it.

Looking at the chart by purely at the elements is not enough. It's more complex matter. You would need to take the houses and planets into consideration also. Not to forget decans, decrees, aspects and whatnot.
Yeah I agree. This is why I feel more like water than Fire even if the chart does not say it.

Henu the Great said:
luis said:

I have a strong inclination that tight aspects, particularly to planetary rulers of the angular houses (as well as the chart ruler, which should be the strongest) have a strong indication on your elemental expression. In the case of this, and a stellium- you would look to the signs that are ruled by the planets involved, and blend the elements of those signs into your understanding, as well as what actual sign the planet/s are in.

Jupiter aspecting a watery planet like the Moon for example, would increase your watery nature (as Jupiter increases planets it aspects) especially watery nature which pertains to the Moon, and also is probably one of the most "water increasing" aspects. Within the same aspect, Moon aspecting Jupiter on the other hand, adds a fiery nature to your Mental faculties and things ruled by the Moon (a large, passionate and expressive family at home for instance, and regular happy emotions) but in the case of Jupiter, this is positive and also itself a watered down aspect as Jupiter is not just ruled by Sagittarius but by Pisces too.

In the case of Moon/Sun aspects for example, this is a pure fire aspect going onto the Moon and a pure water aspect onto the Sun. If either one of these was a ruler, the one which is in a dominant sign over the other would carry the elemental indicator and you would also lend weight to the Moon in this setup in that it is a Cardinal planet (as Cardinal planets have power). If the Moon was the chart ruler in a watery chart and the Sun was aspecting it from Leo or Aries say, this would make a watery chart very egoic, willful and not so shy or sensitive. Even if the ruler isn't involved, you'll see cases of strong aspects of the fire planets in seemingly sensitive charts which make turn a person more passionate or more aggressive, optimistic, nonchalant. If these fire planets are in water signs it can be quite odd, but still the case. That's why its constantly written about here that we have to blend the interpretations together. If your Sun is in Pisces or Cancer it's still a massive ball of flames and fire :lol:
that's it's nature.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back