Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Hiepacht and Dantalian: same Demon?

It's been years since I first read of Hiepacht and, while there's very little information on this god, I felt the strongest attraction for his sigil.
Actually, no, this goes WAY back...

I was a child and I saw this simple shape that might remind one of a car without wheels (or a UFO to some others, I always saw a car without wheels in it) and, I don't know how to describe this to you AT ALL, but I'm not wrong if I say I always believed this shape to be strongly linked to me from way before, as every time I see it I feel this 'emotion' of knowing it or belonging with it...

Hiepacht's specialty is to "summon a person to the mage/bring them to the mage". The very first time I read that I thought about it in the physical way, something like teleportation and I remember thinking "cool, but what would I say to them when they appear?" lol... so I dismissed it as something I didn't understand.

Today, as it's been a while since I somehow became curious about this god again, I went and read the description of Dantalian. I remember reading it in 2002 and wondering if He was my Guardian because I found his skills so interesting. Don't know if they have been updated on the JoS since that time, but today I went to read it all again and I see he can summon a vision in the likeness of a person.

Suddenly thought of how Hiepacht "brings people to the mage" and I thought... are they the same being? It Hiepacht just a non Goetic name for Dantalian?
I had a look at both their sigils once again, and maybe it's just me.. but I see a resemblance. The "car's roof" is in Dantalian's sigil as well, still on the left hand side.
The more I think of it the more I believe I can't be that wrong with this logic and feel.

In the last year I've learned a lot in this forum about our Gods' identities. Satan is Zeus and Bacchus, and Zeus and Bacchus being two different aspects only in modern mythology as we know it, just to name the first that comes to mind, but I do believe there's much more than one can read on books about our wonderful Gods.

Also, (this may be nothing important) I have been strongly attracted to the color green (the color of grass and leaves, brilliant) and I keep thinking there's something that links this color to Dantalian.

I know my Guardian Demon is Leraje, I've had tons of proof from Her already, so I don't question that. But I can't stop thinking I should work with Dantalian as well, that we have strong similarities. Two Guardians? I'm not excluding that option right now, I know it's not unheard of.

Thanks for reading and to those who will provide insight.

Hail Satan!

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back