Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Project presentation: Jos-astro

Greetings to everyone.

I will make this as short as possible.

In the last months during my spare time I started this project. At first it was smaller and just to train my
software development skills, but then I said that this could be very useful to the Jos Community.

It is true that there are a lot of astrology sites on the internet, and this one that I made is quite simple for the moment, just the basics.
But they are of someone else. This is for Joy Of Satan. With the help and the suggestions of other SS members here, and
especially if coordinated by the HPs, this can become a very powerful tool.

I will give below a short presentation with some images, because for the moment I don't have a server to host this service. But
at the end I will give all the sources to try it if someone want. I will also search for a server to host this, so to give at least a simple demo.

JOS-ASTRO

This is the homepage where to choose a service. For the moment there is only natal chart.

The user information form. The name and the gender is optional: at first I didn't put them there, but if someone is doing more
charts it can be confusing. I DON'T SAVE THE INFORMATION ANYWHERE.

If someone want to save the information, clicking on "Save information" you can generate a code to use the next times so you
don't have to put again all the information.

This is the core of the service. The images are splitted in two but there is only a page where you scroll up and down.

These are the buttons to manipulate the date of the chart, instead to insert again all the data.
Select a "time option", then by clicking on the "Add" or "Sub" buttons it will change the chart almost immediately.

Planet and House summary with detailed degrees.

As you see the chart itself. By clicking on the symbol of a planet, it will show only his aspects with the other bodies.

Table of all the aspects.

This is a table that shows the elements of the planets ( A = Air, E = Earth, W = Water, F = Fire ) on the left, and
the "Modalities" ( I don't know if it is the correct term, my apologies), on the top ( F = Fixed, M = Mutable, C = Cardinal ).

I tried to make also a button for a dark mode, as BigotBoy RTR App (thank you again, you saved me a lot of time) and other websites inspired me.
Here are some images.

And this is all folks.
When I will find a server to host this, I will reply with the link. For the moment I will give below the instructions
to install it.

I voluntary did not put images of Joy of Satan in the website. At first I wanted, but then I thought that if someone is using it with other people behind him/her, it is better to show only an astrology site rather than other symbols.
The only link I put to this website is to a post of Lydia in which she gives some tips on how to find your birth time.

The design can changed, the performance can be optimize, other work can be done. For the moment I'd like
to present this to you and see if it has some positive feedback or is better to leave it behind.

STUFF FOR NERDS:
This project is made with PHP and Javascript.
I used two frameworks:
FRONT-END: Vuejs
BACK-END: Laravel

The only functions that I didn't make are the astrological functions. I used these:
https://www.astro.com/swisseph/sweph_e.htm

Also, I used this PHP project that maps the above functions for PHP:

At this link you can find the source code of the project.

The project is also on Github, but for the moment I am not making it public.

INSTALLATION:
There is a file called installation.txt inside the project. Read it.

Hail Satan and the Glorious Gods of Hell!
HH

Awesome initiative. We can improve on this.

Just for standard procedure, I will have a trusted coder fellow to inspect if data is in anyway saved or transmitted. If you have edits to add, please do.

Make sure if you can that it is a thousand percent accurate in the data it shows.

Also, please if you can, provide how this can be put on our official servers.

This project has tremendous potential. Feel free to ask any astro related questions. These days my working time is crushed, but I will answer you.

[email protected]

Hidden Warrior said:
With the help and the suggestions of other SS members here
This is a good idea, I support it. You should make the default options of the Natal Chart the proper ones that are also used when Cobra or Lydia cast one. For example, turn off Chiron entirely as it holds no significance. It's also crucial to color-code the aspects. Red for square, opposition, conjunction. Blue for trine and sextile. Green for other aspects like inconjunction, etc. You can check astro.com for examples. Use the Placidus house system.

I'm sure if you talk with Cobra and/or Lydia you can tick off all the details to ensure everything is accurate.

Hidden Warrior said:
I tried to make also a button for a dark mode, as BigotBoy RTR App (thank you again, you saved me a lot of time) and other websites inspired me.
Glad to hear it helped you, friend. :D

This project of yours looks really promising. It would be very handy if it could also automatically display your individual planetary information based on: https://www.joyofsatan.org/www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/Planets666.html
(would take quite a while to add in and sort all of the data I'm sure, but maybe a long term goal)

Also in regards to intentionally avoiding images directly tied to JoS, I also have avoided this on my website as my original website was taken down for this reason (I assume). I also avoid words like "Satanist" etc, in favor of more vague terms. My links to Ancient-Forums have been fine, though. :p

This is wonderful. This has great potential to progress into a powerful tool.
Can someone recommend a website or app I could use to get accurate astrological data on an android device? I use ChronosXP on my pc but I'm looking for something i could use on my phone

This makes me miss my hacker phase what with programming and all that beautiful technological geometry, networking and coding jazz. My Python must be caked in dust by now.

Nostalgia aside, any potential of this being an installed application? It'd be nice to be able to have this as something that can be available without internet. Can never be too careful, the enemy tries to get their damn hands on everything we create in some way or other.

Good but helpful idea might be to add in at the bottom like on some sites the JOS description of a degree and planet if it exists.

This saves someone hours of looking at various things on JOS and their own chart trying to figure it out.

Also what about Fixed stars. There are a few pretty widely known ones such as where Algol or Betelgeuse or Antares is. But what about the not so well known ones some people may not know they have a planet or important point on them even if they know general astrology.

Just an idea but maybe not worth it with all the effort this might take.

Firts of all thank you all for the feedbacks.

I am glad that other people saw the potentialities of this project as I did.

If this project is accepted by the HPs, it would be a good idea to create a topic to organize suggestions and bugs if there are any.

The first things I'd like to add are side note information taken from azazel astrology , as someone else suggested.

Thank you again.
HH

HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:
Hello HP, since the topic is similar, may I ask you how it ended with the implementation of my JS RTR model in the war room project? Since I sent you that email with the source some time ago (May 25, actually) I've never received any replies, nor my app was added in the project, so I'd just like to know if there's any particular reasons for that.
Whatever the reason might be I won't take it as an offense, I want that to be clear.

Young Faith said:
HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:
Hello HP, since the topic is similar, may I ask you how it ended with the implementation of my JS RTR model in the war room project? Since I sent you that email with the source some time ago (May 25, actually) I've never received any replies, nor my app was added in the project, so I'd just like to know if there's any particular reasons for that.
Whatever the reason might be I won't take it as an offense, I want that to be clear.

Sorry for the inconvenience here. I must have lost the e-mail somewhere in the mailbox. Please re-forward with instructions on how this can go up. Thank you.

HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:
Awesome initiative. We can improve on this.
[email protected]

May I email you in regards to an astrology project I’m in the works of? I am pretty confident in my abilities to help beginners get the hang of astrology, I’ve been very involved with astrology for years and have everything and more memorized from JoS and hundreds of charts I’ve read. How it relates to the soul ect, including intuitive abilities. Considering the pressure the HP’s have been under and the lack of time to finish readings, I could help take the weight off by giving very basic readings to start out to help beginners learn the basics of their charts for very cheap. I could put notes in that state it is not to replace the advice or professional experience of other HP’s. Let me know if this is something you guys could use. I have a secure email, specific cards connected to the account, and even multiple residences where at least my whereabouts would be protected. I care about the depth of astrology too much to offer the service for ONLY for random folks who aren’t on the path of advancement. Satan offered some help the other night in helping to get through some of the obstacles in the creation of it, not sure what it means in relation to the groups though. I could probably take about 20 orders a month. The money I’d collect would be just for time and fees associated with the site and money transfers for now.

HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:
Young Faith said:
HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:

Sorry for the inconvenience here. I must have lost the e-mail somewhere in the mailbox. Please re-forward with instructions on how this can go up. Thank you.
Oh alright, I've just re-forwarded the e-mail completely as it originally was, I hope the instructions are clear

Hello.
I made the following tests to compare my service with some other 4. I limited the confrontation only to the planets positions and the houses cusps. The aspects depend on which orb you use.

Some notes:
Jos-astro
- Astrological functions based on : Swiss Ephemeris
- House system: Placidus
Astrodients
Starfisher
Astrolabe
- Astrological functions based on : His own I think
Cafeastrology
- Astrological functions based on : Couldn't find information.

IMPORTANT
- Astrodienst, Astrolabe and Cafeastrology don't count the seconds in the date. In this way the degrees of the houses change a bit. In the second test, for example on astrodienst, setting the hour to 04:03 gives the 1st house on 29° 30', while setting to 04:04 (given that 54 seconds are more near to the minute 4) gives 1st house on 29°56', a result more closer to mine (29°53'). I used the same minute for every chart, even if the seconds were 54.
- Astrolabe hasn't a table with the precise degrees of the houses. I checked only by eye if the degree and sign was circa the same.
- In the third test, Astrolabe gave me problems while selecting Berlin as a city, so I choose the nearest city (Potsdam).

FIRST TEST
first.png

SECOND TEST
second.png

THIRD TEST
third.png

FORTH TEST
forth.png

FIFTH TEST
fifth.png

HAIL SATAN!

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back