Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

I Had a Dream About My Altar Catching on Fire

kodaka

I just woke up from an interesting dream and I was wondering if anyone had ideas about what it could mean. In the dream it appeared as though i had left my candles burning while i fell asleep and i woke up to find that the altar was covered in wax and water for some reason. there was a bowl of water in the middle with chunks of candle in it. I removed the tools from the table and under the altar cloth I found a note asking Vassago to bless the altar and a makeshift ouija board made from paper. Upon closer inspection, i saw one of the legs of the table was on fire, Despite there being no apparent source of the fire. I went downstairs to get water. When I got to the kitchen i was moving in slow motion but the cupboard was filled with full glasses of water. I rushed back up, pushing against time (still moving in slow motion) and I woke up before I was able to put out the fire. Any thoughts as to what this could mean? Still trying to interpret it myself.

kodaka said:

Is your alter near any electrical outlets or cords, cables, anything that might involve electricity that could potentially be hazardous for a fire? Perhaps you could take care to make safety measures in case you do somehow leave your handles burning (they could be placed within a bowl or a more 'sealed' holder away from anything flammable).

Dreams like this can be signs or warnings from the gods or enemy attack to incite fears/phobias/needless worry. Assess the actual situation and if you think forgetting your candles is something you could potentially do and if in doing so it could actually be a huge problem and risk, then just take the necessary precautions if needed, that's all. If you have pets too like cats or dogs that might knock something over, etc, then take that into consideration as well.

kodaka said:

Fire is symbolic of cleansing in most cases.

Perhaps your altar is cleansed.

Fear is of little meaning. Maybe a slight attack.

Dreams also have personal meaning. There’s a lot of different types of dreams. I guess the enemy can attack in whatever useless way. Only you could really know what exactly this dream is. If it were an attack dream (hence the fear) it has no meaning and your altar is likely still cleansed by the Gods. They just wouldn’t want you to think so. I’d probably just ignore it.

kodaka said:
I just woke up from an interesting dream and I was wondering if anyone had ideas about what it could mean. In the dream it appeared as though i had left my candles burning while i fell asleep and i woke up to find that the altar was covered in wax and water for some reason. there was a bowl of water in the middle with chunks of candle in it. I removed the tools from the table and under the altar cloth I found a note asking Vassago to bless the altar and a makeshift ouija board made from paper. Upon closer inspection, i saw one of the legs of the table was on fire, Despite there being no apparent source of the fire. I went downstairs to get water. When I got to the kitchen i was moving in slow motion but the cupboard was filled with full glasses of water. I rushed back up, pushing against time (still moving in slow motion) and I woke up before I was able to put out the fire. Any thoughts as to what this could mean? Still trying to interpret it myself.

I apologize for responding so late, but fire is symbolic of the "spark of life". Its why we sometimes burn prayers during ritual. I don't believe this was neccasarily a bad dream, though it may have seemed that way. Stay safe.

"5. The next step – the paper in the burning bowl; again another allegory. This is where you focus and concentrate to direct your energies into the working. Fire is the element of life; the spark of life. This is another allegory for focusing and directing the energies of your soul into the working. "
https://www.joyofsatan.org/www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/Advanced_Satanic_Ritual.html

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back