Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Genetic Modified Mosquitos....

SeerOfSS

Genetic modified mosquitos to be releases in Florida and maybe Taxes too.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/08/19/health/gmo-mosquitoes-approved-florida-scn-wellness/index.html#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s

They are only releasing male mosquitos. They do not ever bite anybody. They are those giant looking ones that just sit in the corner of the wall and don't bother anybody. It is the females that are small and bite everyone, not the males.

They changed the DNA of these male mosquitos so that they are infertile. The larva that they make is not able to hatch. I heard from some source that they also made these very sexy and attractive so the females will all want to mate with them. But then the eggs never hatch, or the larva die inside of the eggs. Something like that.

This is a good thing. It should decrease the mosquito population by enormous amounts, because their next generation will not hatch. Only problem might be if other species depend on eating mosquito larvas and not having the food anymore. Maybe some kind of frogs and fish.

Meteor said:
Ol argedco luciftias said:
They changed the DNA of these male mosquitos so that they are infertile. The larva that they make is not able to hatch. I heard from some source that they also made these very sexy and attractive so the females will all want to mate with them. But then the eggs never hatch, or the larva die inside of the eggs. Something like that.
It's even niftier than that actually. The male offspring grows into adults that keep the modified gene and can therefore spread it, while the female offspring dies during the larval stage before it can do any harm. This means the defective gene can spread even further and gradually the amount of females (and males capable of having female offspring) will drop so low that this mosquito species may even go extinct.

I hate parasites so much, so seeing such a clever kind of genocide put into practice makes me very happy.

I agree with you I dont think this is negative. It is a pain in the ass to go to some places in the summer time with so many mosquitoes and not fun at all.

Ol argedco luciftias said:
...frogs and fish...

I doubt that's a problem with other insects available. My best guess is mosquitos are just apetizers for a frog or fish. I've read of frogs and some of these jumper fish eat Dragonflys flying too close to them. Even if someone how it creates a food-web/chain disruption the benefits outweigh the risks either way frogs aren't gonna die they can always eat something else nor fish.

In the end it's great something good that playing God without the Gods is doing. But in the end hope it doesn't turn bad or some sort of Africanized honey bee or certain ant species or certain insect species transfer. Technically humans have already harmed wildlife enough like Submarines discharging fish and animals into other parts of the ocean and spreading the wildlife of another section of the planet to these areas.

At least humanity is doing something good. I'm assuming this is more of a Gold test for this GMO insect to see what it can do here in the States before being shipped out to other nations. Hopefully the company isn't as a jewy as possible basically holding a gun over everyones wallet for shekelberging of this insect rather a small but reasonable royalty or financial transaction to help the World.

Mm...
I my self do not like parasites however with a decrease of one thing will effect the next thing.

Dragonfly's also eat them especially before they grow there own wings.

Bat's was also another that controlled them along with other insects. However do to all the control and destroying of other things its becoming more a domino effect.

Spending massive amounts on things that nature could control changes and unbalances things.
What I mean by that is the examples of bees how spraying will kill many of them off.

Anyways will see the effect later on rather good or not.

I dont think this is a good thing for the environment and eco system. I honestly believe that this mosquito situation will have negative consequences.

Do you really think anything Bill Gates is involved in has any postives for gentiles or the earth?

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back