Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

How to Share Pictures on the Forum

FancyMancy

1) You need to go to a picture-hosting site. One I use is https://imgur.com, so this will be a tutorial for that

2) Go to https://imgur.com/upload
qzYjRHw.png

3) If you have pictures on your computer/device, then upload them from there instead

4) After it has finished, you will see things on the right-hand side. The formatting options on the right are for you to share the picture on different sites. For the forum, either select "BBCode" or you can just right-click on the "non-racist breakfast" picture, not the link in the address bar for the site and select "Copy Image Location" (or similar wording in your browser)
8h5op8F.png

5) In your post, paste the link in-between IMG tags - either type the IMG tags in, or highlight the picture link which you just pasted and press/click the "Img" button just above the text field
loI5K41.png

6) Preview the post to make sure it is all working
YlWbDMm.png

MJ9M2n4.png

7) When you're satisfied, and have added a relevant title in the "Subject" field, select "Submit" - and we'll have the final product which will look something like this
RcWb2kz.png

I wanted to add a funny picture for this tutorial, and I thought this was funny in a stupid way, so why not?!

OK, so after I post this, imgur changes the layout of the upload page in the first picture above.

ZNelVtQ.png

I also know that it goes back to the previous layout sometimes (after reloading the page/visiting the same page in a different tab/window) -

TrFFJuD.png

Is someone trying to be funny?!

By the way - when right-clicking the picture to copy the link, it might copy a blob: link, instead; this is not the link you want, so you should wait for it to finish, or you can copy the URL in the address bar at the top of the browser window -

s0AbK5X.png

and open a new tab and visit it to see if the picture has finished yet before trying to copy the link.

FancyMancy said:
RcWb2kz.png

I wanted to add a funny picture for this tutorial, and I thought this was funny in a stupid way, so why not?!
Noo ... the one with the Non Racist Dinner it would have been better (this one is so wrong)

Syd Silver said:
FancyMancy said:
RcWb2kz.png

Noo ... the one with the Non Racist Dinner it would have been better (this one is so wrong)
spock_crying_facedesk.jpg

FancyMancy said:
OK, so after I post this, imgur changes the layout of the upload page in the first picture above.

Alright, is it just me or there used to be an edit button on the forums?

I can swear i've edited my messages before, but now i cant find the edit function anymore.

Powerofjustice said:
FancyMancy said:

I can swear i've edited my messages before, but now i cant find the edit function anymore.
On this forum, the old forum and on the Yahoo! Groups, the staff didn't love me enough(!) to enable the edit button for me. I can't recall ever seeing one.

Powerofjustice said:
FancyMancy said:

General People are not supposed to be able to do that on here but it is a feature that exists for all forums. Someone probably turned that on by mistake in your account for a bit.
FancyMancy said:
1) You need to go to a picture-hosting site. One I use is https://imgur.com, so this will be a tutorial for that

qzYjRHw.png

3) If you have pictures on your computer/device, then upload them from there instead

4) After it has finished, you will see things on the right-hand side. The formatting options on the right are for you to share the picture on different sites. For the forum, either select "BBCode" or you can just right-click on the "non-racist breakfast" picture, not the link in the address bar for the site and select "Copy Image Location" (or similar wording in your browser)
8h5op8F.png

5) In your post, paste the link in-between IMG tags - either type the IMG tags in, or highlight the picture link which you just pasted and press/click the "Img" button just above the text field
loI5K41.png

YlWbDMm.png

MJ9M2n4.png

7) When you're satisfied, and have added a relevant title in the "Subject" field, select "Submit" - and we'll have the final product which will look something like this
RcWb2kz.png

Thanks I didnt know how to post pics here. You can use urls from other things like Google images on here or go to any site and click View Image and paste that URL in there at least on my phone.

NEVER upload pictures and visit the forums without TOR or at least an anonymous VPN. IPs are logged by uploading services in order to avoid abuses: You are not abusing their service but you can be tracked.

BTW I personally use imgbb, it works from TOR and has an option to automatically delete the image after a certain amount of time passes (you can choose it).

slyscorpion said:
Powerofjustice said:
FancyMancy said:

General People are not supposed to be able to do that on here but it is a feature that exists for all forums. Someone probably turned that on by mistake in your account for a bit.
FancyMancy said:

qzYjRHw.png

8h5op8F.png

loI5K41.png

YlWbDMm.png

MJ9M2n4.png

RcWb2kz.png

Thanks I didnt know how to post pics here. You can use urls from other things like Google images on here or go to any site and click View Image and paste that URL in there at least on my phone.

Clearly it can still be done, look at this post here:
https://ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=43114

When it was posted it didn't have any pictures up on the original post, now it does it even says its been updated.

I feel like its a useful feature, in case you miss something or want to update your post later, its not like ot bypasses the mods either as when I did it, it still had to be approved

Powerofjustice said:
slyscorpion said:
Powerofjustice said:

FancyMancy said:

qzYjRHw.png

8h5op8F.png

loI5K41.png

YlWbDMm.png

MJ9M2n4.png

RcWb2kz.png

Clearly it can still be done, look at this post here:
https://ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=43114

When it was posted it didn't have any pictures up on the original post, now it does it even says its been updated.

I feel like its a useful feature, in case you miss something or want to update your post later, its not like ot bypasses the mods either as when I did it, it still had to be approved

Yeah it would be useful maybe they can figure out something with it where certain people can unless it's abused by them then they can take it away. That would be nice. The problem is the enemy or trolls can post something that would get approved and sound ok or useful then edit it to say something else that is problematic wrong or even really bad/illegal (imagine the types of images that could get uploaded on here or links they could post and it might not get caught by any Mods before it could do damage to this place or even get it shut down) That is why it wasn't allowed for people outside the mods on here.

I believe in this case Cobra edited this.

It would be cool and useful and even in some places is used as a conversation feature sometimes. However I am not sure they are going to do it for the reason i stated.

Also what if a trusted members account gets hacked. Mine did through the Google password on my phone somehow a long time ago by some people on youtube. (Do not post your email places or converse with enemy people my dumb mistake was to converse back saying things like you can't do shit or stuff) That was darkmonkey666 I never recovered it but let them know right away. Don't know if anyone tried to post anything or not on it.

The strange thing is that is the only account they messed with on my device and they changed the password and email so I couldn't access it.

So even trusted members accounts might not always be safe from something bad or a trusted member could turn on us like Salem and some others did. So I dont think this can be done right now.

Maybe in the future sometime.

slyscorpion said:
Yeah it would be useful maybe they can figure out something with it where certain people can unless it's abused by them then they can take it away. That would be nice. The problem is the enemy or trolls can post something that would get approved and sound ok or useful then edit it to say something else that is problematic wrong or even really bad/illegal (imagine the types of images that could get uploaded on here or links they could post and it might not get caught by any Mods before it could do damage to this place or even get it shut down) That is why it wasn't allowed for people outside the mods on here.

But that's what i'm saying, i've done it before, it brings up your old message and you just make the edits you want and submit it again, it still needs to be approved. Doesn't bypass the mods like other methods can, such as hosting an image, posting the image and getting it approved and then just change the image and keep the same address and now you have an image that successfully bypassed the mods.. unlike hosting it on the forums, which i understand overtime can get unsustainable, given our size already.

Powerofjustice said:

FancyMancy said:
On this forum, the old forum and on the Yahoo! Groups, the staff didn't love me enough(!) to enable the edit button for me. I can't recall ever seeing one.

We need to make a petition and send it to Cobra
The petition will be called : "We Want the Edit Button"
I will do it tomorrow, now I don't have time, but it will have to be signed by all Legit members
>:)

Powerofjustice said:
slyscorpion said:

But that's what i'm saying, i've done it before, it brings up your old message and you just make the edits you want and submit it again, it still needs to be approved. Doesn't bypass the mods like other methods can, such as hosting an image, posting the image and getting it approved and then just change the image and keep the same address and now you have an image that successfully bypassed the mods.. unlike hosting it on the forums, which i understand overtime can get unsustainable, given our size already.

Didn't know about that method but anyways someone would probably need their own site to do that with images as all the image uploading sites the urls are random.

Anyways that might be a cool thing. I dont know if any forums can do that though the part about getting mod approval to edit things.

Sometimes I do forget to say something or say it wrong or spell something wrong (on my phone I have had autocorrect sometimes change things without me realizing it) as I am sure others do sometimes too so that would solve having to make another post later.

Syd Silver said:
Powerofjustice said:

FancyMancy said:

I will do it tomorrow, now I don't have time, but it will have to be signed by all Legit members

Lmao do it, im in.

Syd Silver said:
Powerofjustice said:

FancyMancy said:

Lol.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back