Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Languages

ChaosBringer666 said:
Anyone know of any resources for learning languages other than English?
There is a app available in playstore named "Duolingo" search for it. It is useful for learning new languages.

https://www.michelthomas.com/

Theres a torrent

ChaosBringer666 said:

There are a few programms:

The possible best you have to pay for is babbel (depends on the language you want to learn)

There are free ones also:

Duolingo

Memrise

https://alternativeto.net/software/babbel/?license=free
https://www.fluentu.com/blog/babbel-alternative/

5cc138e32400005400e46dfb.jpeg

Equal to one million gigabytes, the equivalent of about 31,250 iPhone 7s of 32 GB: this is the memory capacity of the human brain, calculated by a group of neuroscientists for new research, published in the journal "eLife". According to the study, our mind would be able to store at least 10 times more information than, until now, we believed it could store. "It's a bomb discovery in the field of neuroscience," commented one of the researchers, Terry Sejnowski of the Salk Institute for Biological Studies, California. "The new measurements of the brain's memory capacity that we've made increase conservative estimates by a factor of 10," he added. We're around at least one petabyte (one million GB), a size roughly similar to the entire World Wide Web," the neuroscientist explained. Sejnowski and his team reconstructed in 3D the hippocampus of a rat, that area of the brain commonly associated with long-term memory. Using algorithms and microscopic techniques, the researchers then went on to reconstruct the synapses at the nanomolecular level, studying them in detail as never before. The observation showed that synapses, even within a few minutes, can vary in size, giving rise to 26 different categories. If until now they were classified only as small, medium or large, neuroscientists have discovered that, on the contrary, there are differences between them which, even if they are only 8%, mean a lot. Precisely this complexity in the synaptic dimensions, according to neuroscientists, would translate into an enormous boost in the brain's capacity of memorization. The research is full of implications and requires further investigation: it is important to keep in mind that it has been conducted only using the brain of rats as a model, but, in the future, it can and should also be conducted to human beings. Scholars, however, say they are satisfied: "Hidden behind the apparent chaos and disorder of the brain is the precision of the shapes and sizes of the synapses," explained the author again. Just like machines, but more complex and flexible, our brains, therefore, can store a quantity of information that, until now, was unimaginable.

There is space but if there was a fast way to store information in addition to the classic way of storing information by repetition, it would be very useful.

Aquarius said:
Master said:
Aquarius said:
I use pimsleur and Assimil for German.
That's a weird name. It sounds like an app created by Jews.
It's French and it's not an app.
Their method for teaching foreign languages is through listening to records or tapes, and the reading of a book with the text that you are listening to, one side native language, one side foreign language. This method is focused on learning whole sentences, for an organic learning of the grammar. It begins with a long passive phase of only reading and listening, and eventually adds active exercises. Most books contain around 100 lessons, with the active phase starting on Lesson 50. The word "Assimil" comes from assimilate "incorporate or absorb knowledge into the mind".
I thought it was an app. Anyway, the meaning seems to be different according to sources on the subject.

Master said:

Equal to one million gigabytes, the equivalent of about 31,250 iPhone 7s of 32 GB: this is the memory capacity of the human brain, calculated by a group of neuroscientists for new research, published in the journal "eLife". According to the study, our mind would be able to store at least 10 times more information than, until now, we believed it could store. "It's a bomb discovery in the field of neuroscience," commented one of the researchers, Terry Sejnowski of the Salk Institute for Biological Studies, California. "The new measurements of the brain's memory capacity that we've made increase conservative estimates by a factor of 10," he added. We're around at least one petabyte (one million GB), a size roughly similar to the entire World Wide Web," the neuroscientist explained. Sejnowski and his team reconstructed in 3D the hippocampus of a rat, that area of the brain commonly associated with long-term memory. Using algorithms and microscopic techniques, the researchers then went on to reconstruct the synapses at the nanomolecular level, studying them in detail as never before. The observation showed that synapses, even within a few minutes, can vary in size, giving rise to 26 different categories. If until now they were classified only as small, medium or large, neuroscientists have discovered that, on the contrary, there are differences between them which, even if they are only 8%, mean a lot. Precisely this complexity in the synaptic dimensions, according to neuroscientists, would translate into an enormous boost in the brain's capacity of memorization. The research is full of implications and requires further investigation: it is important to keep in mind that it has been conducted only using the brain of rats as a model, but, in the future, it can and should also be conducted to human beings. Scholars, however, say they are satisfied: "Hidden behind the apparent chaos and disorder of the brain is the precision of the shapes and sizes of the synapses," explained the author again. Just like machines, but more complex and flexible, our brains, therefore, can store a quantity of information that, until now, was unimaginable.

There is space but if there was a fast way to store information in addition to the classic way of storing information by repetition, it would be very useful.
Very interesting. Thnx for sharing.

Don't rely on apps and shit. Once you decided what language you want to learn, go get some book for kids (or online kids material anyway) in that language. Once you familiarized with basic words, basic grammar and sentences, move to fairies and simple stories. Watch videos in that language. Build your knowledge up.
I speak up to 4 languages by now

Pirate11 said:
Don't rely on apps and shit. Once you decided what language you want to learn, go get some book for kids (or online kids material anyway) in that language. Once you familiarized with basic words, basic grammar and sentences, move to fairies and simple stories. Watch videos in that language. Build your knowledge up.
I speak up to 4 languages by now
That’s actually really good advice.

Thanks pirate.

Syd Silver said:
ChaosBringer666 said:
I think Myla can help with this, she speaks like 10 languages
I thought about that, but I think it would be silly to ask her. since I can ask all my wonderful brothers and sisters. :D
Just as well she is very busy.

Also it seems the language I wanted to learn first, (Portuguese) my mother can write in which I was unaware. So that might be a good point to start.

Thanks anyway.

Have a nice day, Syd

Jack said:
Master said:

Very interesting. Thnx for sharing.
You are welcome.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back