2 Samurai Manga: Blade 卍 and Vagabond

For those who wish to establish a relationship with Satan.

Topics of discussion include: Demons, Magick, Satanic Witchcraft and much more!

http://www.joyofsatan.com / http://www.joyofsatan.org
Egon

2 Samurai Manga: Blade 卍 and Vagabond

Postby Egon » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:19 pm

Following the series of relevant manga/anime reviews:
Berserk
Noragami, Spice & Wolf, The Ancient Magus Bride

Blade of the Immortal was one of the best experiences I have ever had in visual narrative, artwork per se and character writing. Unlike Vagabond that plays on philosophizing the spiritual, there is a distintic line for the supernatural elements here, the main character called 卍 (Manji) who gets immortality from a lady monk to fulffil his fate of slaying 100 scumbags for each good person he was deceived into killing, and helping the girl Rin exact justice for her family. Even though there some buddhist nonsense here and there, this story does not shy away from the themes of the rightful use of violence, and all of the philosophy does not feel out of place or hinders the natural unfold of the plot, making the character being too romanticized or unreal. This manga is complete in 30 volumes with one of the most satisfying conclusions and twists a story that has revenge as one of its themes.

**Trigger warning, there's graphic sexual violence and torture.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The all famous Vagabond about the life of Musashi Miyamoto may not work for everyone. If you aren't going into this manga with the mindset that this is a Slice of Life narrative artbook with some philosophy of every martial arts movies ever, it can be repetitive and disappointing.

The landscape artwork is very good. You will see a lot of realistic leaves. Everywhere. The places all looks the same and at some point looking at all these photo-realistic woods and sometimes dojos and beaches haven't the same effect. The character designs also look awesome, you will see the same faces menacingly staring at each other for like 300 panels until the enemy "loses his will" or something like that. The manga is historical but when there are things like astral projection and such it does not feel natural in the context they are portraying, with the wrong idea that you could think your way into spirituality if you try thinking very hard into "the way of the warrior" and all that jazz. It's an easy read with not much dialogue and quite enjoyable though, would be better if the manga didn't want to take itself too seriously in the over philosophical inner monologues.
This manga has 37 volumes and a couple of extra chapters, the author seems to have given up on completing it.

The character figures are very beautiful to be used as artistic refference.

Image Image

Jack

Re: 2 Samurai Manga: Blade 卍 and Vagabond

Postby Jack » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:59 pm

I wonder if the main characters within the manga would read manga in real life.
"He who suffers for my sake,I will surely reward in one of the worlds."
-So saith Satan

https://youtu.be/dlFA0Zq1k2A (KanaBoom - Silhoutte)
ImageImage

Hail Zepar!!!
Hail Horus!!!
Hail Vapula!!!
Hail Andramelech Adar Melek(The Glorious King, The Magnificent King)!!!
Hail Satan and the empire of Orion!!!

TopoftheAbyss

Postby TopoftheAbyss » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:54 am

The guy in the sixth picture looks like a rapist.

Egon

Postby Egon » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:41 am

Manji is illiterate for most of the story, but Musashi would surely want to check Vagabond out, being an artist himself who strived for perfection it was a poetic depiction of his life with some grains of salt as I pointed out. And maybe he could actually do in a next reincarnation or as a God lol.

Jack wrote:I wonder if the main characters within the manga would read manga in real life.

luis

Postby luis » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:12 pm

Egon wrote:Manji is illiterate for most of the story, but Musashi would surely want to check Vagabond out, being an artist himself who strived for perfection it was a poetic depiction of his life with some grains of salt as I pointed out. And maybe he could actually do in a next reincarnation or as a God lol.

Jack wrote:I wonder if the main characters within the manga would read manga in real life.

I think he saying this because he thinks reading manga is something immature...

Sorry Jack but I do not agree with this :?

Egon

Postby Egon » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:57 pm

luis wrote:I think he saying this because he thinks reading manga is something immature...

Reading and having fun is for nerds so I figured Keyboard Übermenscen wouldn't know which characters are the reading types or not. Zarathustra would probably not read Thus Spoke Zarathustra while Irene Adler (from The Club Dumas) probably would collect manga if she wasn't poor lol.

And I didn't want to turn this into another infighting sanbox like my stalker Forrest Gump of the Abyss does in every gaming/anime threads.

Now that aside, I'm always glad when good comic book artists get the recognition they deserve such as the Art Exhibition for Vagabond, and the art of Hirohiko Araki (Jojo's) being displayed at the Louvre.
https://www.invidio.us/watch?v=hM298AfA_VE

TopoftheAbyss

Postby TopoftheAbyss » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:37 am

Egon wrote:
luis wrote:I think he saying this because he thinks reading manga is something immature...

Reading and having fun is for nerds so I figured Keyboard Übermenscen wouldn't know which characters are the reading types or not. Zarathustra would probably not read Thus Spoke Zarathustra while Irene Adler (from The Club Dumas) probably would collect manga if she wasn't poor lol.

And I didn't want to turn this into another infighting sanbox like my stalker Forrest Gump of the Abyss does in every gaming/anime threads.

Now that aside, I'm always glad when good comic book artists get the recognition they deserve such as the Art Exhibition for Vagabond, and the art of Hirohiko Araki (Jojo's) being displayed at the Louvre.

Oh no I said mean things about your books, I'm sorry I'm persecuting you.

Shael

Postby Shael » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:17 am

luis wrote:
Egon wrote:Manji is illiterate for most of the story, but Musashi would surely want to check Vagabond out, being an artist himself who strived for perfection it was a poetic depiction of his life with some grains of salt as I pointed out. And maybe he could actually do in a next reincarnation or as a God lol.

On that note, I was reading Japanese history yesterday and I found Jack's spiritual brother:

There were exceptions certainly, and Kato Kiyomasa (1562-1611), who was commander of Kumamoto Castle just before the Hosokawa, believed that any warrior who studied poetry would soon become “feminized.” He famously declared that anyone who studied the dancing in Noh drama should commit suicide.
'Do not do anything useless.'
-Miyamoto Musashi

Jack

Postby Jack » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:38 pm

Egon wrote:

I have a hard time understanding why ascended Yogis would want to read manga and watch anime. All desire to do such things evaporated after I started meditation, I don't know if its something personal to me.

Anyway I'm sorry about that comment . I'm no one to judge, really.
-So saith Satan

ImageImage

Hail Zepar!!!
Hail Horus!!!
Hail Vapula!!!

Hvítr Ormr

Postby Hvítr Ormr » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:54 pm

I normally don't comment on threads like this but I felt the need to say, and this is definitely not directed at any one person, that in all my 17+ years of being dedicated and spiritually advancing through power meditation I've never once felt the need to join the anti-fun police. Getting too hung up on the idea that fun or entertaining things need to be given up in order to advance is a sign that not enough xian self-deprogramming has been carried out in my opinion. It might sound harsh, but the whole thing kinda just reminds me of 19th century xian pastors bitching about women reading romance novels.

One of the first things the hardcore xian nutcase Oliver Cromwell did when took he power in England was ban the theater, not to mention what the xian priest Savonarola did in Venice during his so called "Bonfire of the Vanities".

luis

Postby luis » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:30 pm

Jack wrote:
Egon wrote:

I have a hard time understanding why ascended Yogis would want to read manga and watch anime. All desire to do such things evaporated after I started meditation, I don't know if its something personal to me.

You really think of Gods and ascendent people in a very not-hunan way which is something that is normal. In my opinion they are very human, super-human so why would they not watch a good story even if its in a animated media?

Dont get me wrong there are many shitty animes and manga and some very childish but its not all and in my opinion a good story its good even if its animated. Why would it not be?

Anyway as long as we respect each other opinions is fine :)

luis

Postby luis » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:31 pm

Shael wrote:
luis wrote:

On that note, I was reading Japanese history yesterday and I found Jack's spiritual brother:

There were exceptions certainly, and Kato Kiyomasa (1562-1611), who was commander of Kumamoto Castle just before the Hosokawa, believed that any warrior who studied poetry would soon become “feminized.” He famously declared that anyone who studied the dancing in Noh drama should commit suicide.

Hopefully he is better than that lol

Jack

Postby Jack » Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:22 am

Shael wrote:
luis wrote:

This is definitely my spiritual brother. I'll research into him .
-So saith Satan

ImageImage

Hail Zepar!!!
Hail Horus!!!
Hail Vapula!!!

Jack

Postby Jack » Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:01 pm

luis wrote:
Jack wrote:
Egon wrote:Reading and having fun is for nerds so I figured Keyboard Übermenscen wouldn't know which characters are the reading types or not. Zarathustra would probably not read Thus Spoke Zarathustra while Irene Adler (from The Club Dumas) probably would collect manga if she wasn't poor lol.

You really think of Gods and ascendent people in a very not-hunan way which is something that is normal. In my opinion they are very human, super-human so why would they not watch a good story even if its in a animated media?

Dont get me wrong there are many shitty animes and manga and some very childish but its not all and in my opinion a good story its good even if its animated. Why would it not be?

I have an astrological issue where its impossible for me to look at a situation without a reference to myself. Once I start with the reference point of myself I find it hard to accept views that are contrary to myself. However I've been getting a grip at it and working at the ability to try and look at things regardless of my own experience or view with them. I can get it to work with things I have vague experience with but I'm simply unable to relate or be interested in things that I've been done myself. For example, I simply cant be excited about Novels or Poetry or anything that I'm not interested in. Infact prior to some months I couldn't comprehend caring or being interested in other people's lives unless they was something in relation to me. I've since been able to solve this issue and I can now relate to other people.

I was actually a very anime guy till my first year of high school. But as I've been steadily advancing I've been looking into my history of the past lives and trying to tap into my spiritual essence. As ive done it i progressively get into phases of extreme detachment as I feel vivid memories and emotions from the past lives. The things that I really cared about as I was starting out are almost all now listed as a complete waste of time to me. I've discovered that my spiritual essence is very very old, that is thousands of years. I've been through a couple of brutal wars and genocides over the years and have been through a lot of happy times. As I tap into these memories I feel like it was yesterday as I feeling deep hatred as I plunged a sword into an enemy's chest or I touched my wife's face and felt the warm butterfly feelings of love.

I know that everything I'm going to feel in this life out of entertainment or otherwise is something I've already felt a long time ago, more vividly than today's experience. So I have this deep feeling of hopelessness about the Samsaric nature of life. All these trivial things about anime,manga or entertainment that humans indulge in don't excite me unless its something I feel a really strong connection to. The time I feel is wasted and the interest of knowing and indulging in these things has long since evaporated. Its like I cant feel the color and intensity of life because its something I've done a thousand times in my past lives, so what's new. The hopelessness of endlessly pursuing immortality and failing and repeating things over and over again is beyond frustrating if you've been doing it for lifetimes over and over again, in a loop. It's a pathological problem. I'm just interested in getting rid of this sick game of nature ,called reincarnation. Nothing other than this truly interest me. One of my other pathological drives from lifetimes is a deep hatred for the enemies of the Vedic religion and the need to exterminate them. It wasn't randomness that I'd end up here.

Maybe you'll reach a different conclusion than me after looking at your past lives, I don't know.
-So saith Satan

ImageImage

Hail Zepar!!!
Hail Horus!!!
Hail Vapula!!!

luis

Postby luis » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:02 am

Jack wrote:
luis wrote:
Jack wrote:I have a hard time understanding why ascended Yogis would want to read manga and watch anime. All desire to do such things evaporated after I started meditation, I don't know if its something personal to me.

I have an astrological issue where its impossible for me to look at a situation without a reference to myself. Once I start with the reference point of myself I find it hard to accept views that are contrary to myself. However I've been getting a grip at it and working at the ability to try and look at things regardless of my own experience or view with them. I can get it to work with things I have vague experience with but I'm simply unable to relate or be interested in things that I've been done myself. For example, I simply cant be excited about Novels or Poetry or anything that I'm not interested in. Infact prior to some months I couldn't comprehend caring or being interested in other people's lives unless they was something in relation to me. I've since been able to solve this issue and I can now relate to other people.

I was actually a very anime guy till my first year of high school. But as I've been steadily advancing I've been looking into my history of the past lives and trying to tap into my spiritual essence. As ive done it i progressively get into phases of extreme detachment as I feel vivid memories and emotions from the past lives. The things that I really cared about as I was starting out are almost all now listed as a complete waste of time to me. I've discovered that my spiritual essence is very very old, that is thousands of years. I've been through a couple of brutal wars and genocides over the years and have been through a lot of happy times. As I tap into these memories I feel like it was yesterday as I feeling deep hatred as I plunged a sword into an enemy's chest or I touched my wife's face and felt the warm butterfly feelings of love.

I know that everything I'm going to feel in this life out of entertainment or otherwise is something I've already felt a long time ago, more vividly than today's experience. So I have this deep feeling of hopelessness about the Samsaric nature of life. All these trivial things about anime,manga or entertainment that humans indulge in don't excite me unless its something I feel a really strong connection to. The time I feel is wasted and the interest of knowing and indulging in these things has long since evaporated. Its like I cant feel the color and intensity of life because its something I've done a thousand times in my past lives, so what's new. The hopelessness of endlessly pursuing immortality and failing and repeating things over and over again is beyond frustrating if you've been doing it for lifetimes over and over again, in a loop. It's a pathological problem. I'm just interested in getting rid of this sick game of nature ,called reincarnation. Nothing other than this truly interest me. One of my other pathological drives from lifetimes is a deep hatred for the enemies of the Vedic religion and the need to exterminate them. It wasn't randomness that I'd end up here.

Maybe you'll reach a different conclusion than me after looking at your past lives, I don't know.

It's fine, we are all different. As long as we don't do 'degenerate' things and we respect each other opinions it's all fine :) Maybe one day you'll change or maybe I'll do, until then let's respect each other and fight for Satan ;)

Egon

Postby Egon » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:22 am

RIP thread. If you're not interested in the actual topic please do not start a parellel talk on your ideology in the next thread.

Jack wrote:
luis wrote:You really think of Gods and ascendent people in a very not-hunan way which is something that is normal. In my opinion they are very human, super-human so why would they not watch a good story even if its in a animated media?

TopoftheAbyss wrote:Oh no I said mean things about your books, I'm sorry I'm persecuting you.

Be sorry for yourself, you're not mean you are just cringe and obsessed. Make sure to reply off-topic nonsense in the next topics too, I command you loyal stalker.

TopoftheAbyss wrote:The guy in the sixth picture looks like a rapist.

Didn't know rapists looked a certain way. He looks like your favorite types of avatar so far though.

Jack

Postby Jack » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:46 am

Egon wrote:RIP thread. If you're not interested in the actual topic please do not start a parellel talk on your ideology in the next thread.

Jack wrote:
luis wrote:You really think of Gods and ascendent people in a very not-hunan way which is something that is normal. In my opinion they are very human, super-human so why would they not watch a good story even if its in a animated media?

TopoftheAbyss wrote:Oh no I said mean things about your books, I'm sorry I'm persecuting you.

Be sorry for yourself, you're not mean you are just cringe and obsessed. Make sure to reply off-topic nonsense in the next topics too, I command you loyal stalker.

Didn't know rapists looked a certain way. He looks like your favorite types of avatar so far though.

I don't believe in ideology. I follow my natural instincts and nature.
-So saith Satan

ImageImage

Hail Zepar!!!
Hail Horus!!!
Hail Vapula!!!

TopoftheAbyss

Postby TopoftheAbyss » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:57 am

Egon wrote:RIP thread. If you're not interested in the actual topic please do not start a parellel talk on your ideology in the next thread.

Jack wrote:

I'm cringe and obsessed and a stalker and replying off topic despite the fact that my replies are actually on topic to public posts. You're another idiot good goy who can't stand that some people think for themselves and don't eat all the shit thrown at them.
If you don't like that people give negative feedback about your beloved products try not posting them, ok? We're not in a jew land where only approved opinions or criticisms are allowed.

Oy vey remember the 6 million products, we must never forget the what the Nazi critics did.