Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Spiders and Spirituality

UMBRA_MESSENGER108

I would like to know if spiders have any special meaning like " the serpents or dragons is referred as the kundalini "..

Does a Spider and Spider webs has any secret or special spiritual meaning in Occult ?

HS!

UMBRA_MESSENGER108 said:
I would like to know if spiders have any special meaning like " the serpents or dragons is referred as the kundalini "..

Does a Spider and Spider webs has any secret or special spiritual meaning in Occult ?

HS!

This is a good question. There was an old superstition that if a spider descends in front of you on a web someone close will die unless it climbs back up. This happened to me a while ago and the event happened unfortunately. IDK what to say...
The rest of the superstitions about spiders are positive.

Too many people are afraid of spiders. Maybe there is meaning in this that spiders are negative.

My opinion is that spiders resemble Saturn,

Living beings get trapped by the web of time/samsara and finally the creator of this trap devours them.

UMBRA_MESSENGER108 said:

HS!

In nature spiders are important for controlling bug populations, and in Egypt I read something about them representing the weaving of material. From the aether to physical. Creation. If you look at the black widow, the black and red is really cool along with the hourglass shape. Looks like the number 8. Infinity.

TopoftheAbyss said:
Too many people are afraid of spiders. Maybe there is meaning in this that spiders are negative.
Or maybe you should not give importance to random theories that come from your ass.
People being afraid of spiders is just because many just grow up with the wrong values. Example: You're a kid, you see a spider and your parent kills it and says it's scary or whatever, now as a kid you will do as your parent does, exceptions can apply.

Spiders are really cute, there was this wolf spider who was floating on water with a white thing attached to its bottom, I got it in my hand and put it in some plants, then a week later that same spider I found floating on water again, this time full of little wolf spiders on it's back, the white thing was an egg sack! lol That time I didn't take it by hand because I would have kindly avoided hundreds of little spiders crawling on me. I didn't know it wasn't a dangerous spider, and what I did might be wicked but don't take random big spiders on your hand unless you know they are safe to handle.

So many people also have the idea that spiders bite them, those people I call typical retards, if only they did a 20 seconds google search they would know that no, spiders don't go out of their way just to bite you while you sleep, lol. I had to explain that spiders don't bite to 60 yo people who just ignored what I said lol.

Unconditional fear towards certain insects and/or animals is just ignorance.

Sundara said:
UMBRA_MESSENGER108 said:

HS!

In nature spiders are important for controlling bug populations, and in Egypt I read something about them representing the weaving of material. From the aether to physical. Creation. If you look at the black widow, the black and red is really cool along with the hourglass shape. Looks like the number 8. Infinity.

I agree to this. Spiders are very sacred, IMO. Stealthy, quick and very smart. I feel people fear them do to them being so unpredictable, to me this is what gives them their beauty. I see it as relating to black magick in a way…

Sundara said:
UMBRA_MESSENGER108 said:

HS!

:shock: For some reason a ton of spider enter my room through a window I always keep open(at least 2-3 a day) and at first I let them do their thing,but they just wouldn't stop coming so I killed them all and kill any more that come in.

Don't think its a bad thing though, I doubt the gods would be displeased if anyone went out of their way to dispose of a pest i their home.

UMBRA_MESSENGER108 said:

According to wikipedia [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_depictions_of_spiders#Near_East] spiders are in many mythologies, usually representing goddesses or female spirits. Examples include Uttu, Arachne, KokyAngwuti(Spider Grandmother), and Tsuchigumo. The relation to females is that spiders have larger females than males, perhaps this is a metaphor for lots of feminine energy. The other connotation spiders have in mythology is with trickery. Spiders are kinda creepy so it is not surprising.

TopoftheAbyss said:

People are afraid of snakes too.

TopoftheAbyss said:
How do you mean negative? All animals on nature have their purposes?Plus they are quite beneficial for us because they harmful insects!(although there are species that are dangerous to humans I some countries).I am personally not afraid of them.
Regarding the fear of spiders and other insects I once saw a relative video and the person that was talking said that we are afraid of them because they have very non- human like appearance. Also some scientists have said that arachnophobia might be hereditary, so that will justify the fact that many children are afraid of them!

Powerofjustice said:
Sundara said:
UMBRA_MESSENGER108 said:

HS!

:shock: For some reason a ton of spider enter my room through a window I always keep open(at least 2-3 a day) and at first I let them do their thing,but they just wouldn't stop coming so I killed them all and kill any more that come in.

Don't think its a bad thing though, I doubt the gods would be displeased if anyone went out of their way to dispose of a pest i their home.

Yeah nbd follow your nature.
A lot of species are afraid of snakes and it isn’t because of what they represent, they have venom and they’d like to avoid a bite. Black widows can be deadly. It’s 100% fine to kill things in situations like that. If I had a gun and I were about to be a cougars dinner, I’d definitely shoot the cougar versus try to run. Cougars are sacred, sure. It’s a big beautiful cat but I’m not about to die about it.

Sundara said:
Powerofjustice said:
Sundara said:

A lot of species are afraid of snakes and it isn’t because of what they represent, they have venom and they’d like to avoid a bite. Black widows can be deadly. It’s 100% fine to kill things in situations like that. If I had a gun and I were about to be a cougars dinner, I’d definitely shoot the cougar versus try to run. Cougars are sacred, sure. It’s a big beautiful cat but I’m not about to die about it.

I cringe so much when i see people say shit like "it's so sad how people are afraid of snakes they are so sacred" or take the same quote and insert literally any animal thats in a gods bio. Like bro i get that, but just because snakes are of Satan doesnt mean one wont bite you if you get too close and it feels threatened.

UMBRA_MESSENGER108 said:

HS!

Hi, glad I found this post (even if it's very old now) as I have been looking for information on this subject and also have something to say about it.

(I suck at quoting multiple people, I'll try my best as there were some interesting answers here..)

TopoftheAbyss said:

I'll agree with Aquarius on this one, the "common belief" means nothing here, most things in the world of common people are based on "what would everyone else do" type of reasoning. Fear only exists in the mind, if you feed it you'll make it more insurmountable. I used to be afraid of SOME spiders (in Australia we have Black Widow's dangerousER cousin, the Redback) and I used to have some occasional dreams about them being in my room and biting me. Foolishness, cuz I tried to understand them and their nature and now I save all the ones I can.

Just because something has the power to kill you it doesn't matter it WILL. A Karate fist can kill a person in one blow, I know how to use that and more techniques, does that mean people should stay away just because I can be dangerous? No, it simply means I know how to kill someone if I was in that kind of danger.

Hence, do not give the spider (or any creature) a reason to want you dead. Love them instead lol.

Savitar said:
My opinion is that spiders resemble Saturn,

Living beings get trapped by the web of time/samsara and finally the creator of this trap devours them.

I have honestly no idea why anyone would associate spiders with Saturn or anything commonly referred to as negative. Living beings that get "trapped and devoured" are usually parasitic bugs and other house pests, so to that I'd respond "too bad we don't have giant spiders that make webs to trap and eat Jews!" XD

astrally flame said:
Not sure about special meaning but they are one of the most sacred animal in satanism.

I have no idea where that notion came from, BUT with the research I've ben doing myself, I agree with you 110%.

Would you kindly tell where you found that spiders are the most sacred animal in SS (along with the Serpent, Goat, Peacock, Dragon, Owl, Cat, Lion..)? Cuz I can only agree but I'm more than willing to learn more about this.

Sundara said:

Finally something that feels like part of my findings.
Ever realized the "hourglass shape" on the abdomen of some spiders (the Black Widow and Redback for sure) look EXACTLY like the DAGAZ Rune?
From the JoS (reminder): "#23. Represents the climax of orgasm where the objective of the working is realized. Like the planet Uranus, this rune gives flashes of intuition and knowledge. Useful in raising the kundalini. Best if used with other runes that enhance wisdom and awareness."

If DAGAZ represents a realized objective, then perhaps the spiderweb (as the spider's "working") can be analogous to something we SS can do by taking example of this.

Personally, I have had some of my best meditation growth when I instinctively felt like expanding my energy in all directions in the form of a thick web of red roots. (Maybe cuz Earth is my weak Element in my chart but) I felt real connection to the astral from this, and it only enhanced my already strong fascination with spiders.

Also, I tried to slightly (I'm by no means an expert on how to do this) Merge Consciousness with a spider in a web and I felt that they're not "just hanging there, waiting" but that they stay this motionless and vigilant by spending their "waiting time" in some kind of trance, where waiting time is not a problem in any way and that they only get out of said "trance" when disturbed in any way (the most developed sense in spiders is touch, although they have extra pairs of eyes they rely on touch the most for hunting and surrounding awareness).. meaning they are adept at putting themselves in and out of trances (one of the things we all have to master in SS).

When you think of spiders this way you kinda want to take them as an example to better yourself as a Satanist. I know that's what I'm doing and it's proving to be a wise choice. Also, the DAGAZ reference.. I mean, we're talking about a creature that is born with a Rune on his butt! XD Doesn't get much cooler (or more eloquent) than that lol..

Aquarius said:
TopoftheAbyss said:
Or maybe you should not give importance to random theories that come from your ass.
People being afraid of spiders is just because many just grow up with the wrong values. Example: You're a kid, you see a spider and your parent kills it and says it's scary or whatever, now as a kid you will do as your parent does, exceptions can apply.

Spiders are really cute, there was this wolf spider who was floating on water with a white thing attached to its bottom, I got it in my hand and put it in some plants, then a week later that same spider I found floating on water again, this time full of little wolf spiders on it's back, the white thing was an egg sack! lol That time I didn't take it by hand because I would have kindly avoided hundreds of little spiders crawling on me. I didn't know it wasn't a dangerous spider, and what I did might be wicked but don't take random big spiders on your hand unless you know they are safe to handle.

So many people also have the idea that spiders bite them, those people I call typical retards, if only they did a 20 seconds google search they would know that no, spiders don't go out of their way just to bite you while you sleep, lol. I had to explain that spiders don't bite to 60 yo people who just ignored what I said lol.

Gotta say.. I suddenly like you a lot more than I did, Fratello. :)

Fear of spiders is something that we're usually taught by others, from what I could observe in people, not something that generates from a child. Children are generally curious and tend to want to touch something they don't understand (not the best option with highly venomous spiders obviously), hence the most venomous spiders and animals in general have a VERY BRIGHT color on them so that other species will know not to mess with them in the first place.

But yeah, thinking that "spiders are out there just to get to you when you sleep" is beyond stupid.. funny story, I had a very venomous spider that made a web in my room just 50 cm away from my bed (under a piece of furniture that was hard to clean) and never bothered me in the slightest. I just removed it from there cuz she COULD have bitten my arm if I moved in my sleep and invaded her privacy (yeah, I can tell the sex of most spiders, web-makers especially) but I really didn't feel in any danger... actually, I felt kinda honored that I'd sleep so close to such a wonderful creature lol. (I know, I know.. crazy guy here..)

"Unconditional fear towards certain insects and/or animals is just ignorance."

Couldn't have said it better. Thanks for the insight.

Rising666 said:
I agree to this. Spiders are very sacred, IMO. Stealthy, quick and very smart. I feel people fear them do to them being so unpredictable, to me this is what gives them their beauty. I see it as relating to black magick in a way…

Perfectly agree as well. As for "relating to black magick", please read what I replied to Sundara (on spider "trance" and the DAGAZ Rune).

If you have more information (this post IS 2 years old at least) please share, I'm very interested.

Powerofjustice said:

While I can understand your fear, I can't think of this as a necessarily "bad" thing. Of course, nobody wants a TON of spiders (I am really curious now what "a ton" was to you lol) coming through the window, but I'd check if you have something in your room that would attract them. Like, any dump, dark corner behind some furniture? Some unattended boxes? Cooler temperature? Spiders don't like the heat much, and dry air is bad cuz it won't create any moist in the web (where they can also find a drink of water in time of need). Are there web-makers or just huntsmen spiders? Huntsmen don't make webs, but feel the presence of prey (ants, roaches, creepy crawlies) through vibrations in the ground and follow the trail.

Spiders are exceptionally useful in houses, so please don't be alarmed if you find some in yours. They'll likely never ever disturb you, just rid your home of pests.

Ketchup said:
According to wikipedia [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_depictions_of_spiders#Near_East] spiders are in many mythologies, usually representing goddesses or female spirits. Examples include Uttu, Arachne, KokyAngwuti(Spider Grandmother), and Tsuchigumo. The relation to females is that spiders have larger females than males, perhaps this is a metaphor for lots of feminine energy. The other connotation spiders have in mythology is with trickery. Spiders are kinda creepy so it is not surprising.

And finally the reply that lead me to this post (as I searched for "Uttu" having just yesterday learned that this name is apparently associated with a Sumerian "spider goddess" and I saw an 8 legged woman's drawing right next to Father Satan's.

I have no idea and asked about spiders to Brothers and Sisters SS before, but none could give any better information than this thread I'm writing on.

When it comes to spiders, there seems to be a lot of ignorance around and unfounded fear based on horror stories and whatever. I now completely detached from that bollocks and love spiders more than many other creatures.

Now, because of images like this,
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/0e/c4/64/0ec464bde922af45b395e03dbdc35b0b.jpg
(the central image)
I'm starting to wonder whether of not one of our most known Goddesses (like perhaps Lilith or Astarte) is also "the spider Goddess Uttu" and what this really means. Astarte's number is 8 so that's one of the reasons I might feel this. Also, I again realized spiders had more spiritual significance for me during the last schedule when we started the Astarte's Power Ritual, so this MAY have something to do with it, but I can't be sure.

HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:

Commander, if you know anything about this subject, I'm all ears. Pretty sure I'm onto something here, just don't know the history behind it to say anything certain.

Thank you all for your insight.

HAIL SATAN FOREVER! HAIL ASTARTE!

Powerofjustice said:
Sundara said:
Powerofjustice said:

I cringe so much when i see people say shit like "it's so sad how people are afraid of snakes they are so sacred" or take the same quote and insert literally any animal thats in a gods bio. Like bro i get that, but just because snakes are of Satan doesnt mean one wont bite you if you get too close and it feels threatened.

All respect for these creations but that includes knowing boundaries.

Aquarius said:

I actually had a relative who got like 20 bites by hobo spiders while he was sleeping. His family had just moved into a new house, it looked clean and fine, they put his bed in there so it's not like it was an old bed that was infested (ew). So perhaps it was some very strange phenomenon or curse or something, but he looked like he had chicken pox, the bites were huge and all over him. His parents got spider traps and trapped a bunch of them, so they had the proof that it was spiders that randomly attacked him.

Lydia [JG said:
" post_id=332191 time=1646747135 user_id=57]
Aquarius said:

I actually had a relative who got like 20 bites by hobo spiders while he was sleeping. His family had just moved into a new house, it looked clean and fine, they put his bed in there so it's not like it was an old bed that was infested (ew). So perhaps it was some very strange phenomenon or curse or something, but he looked like he had chicken pox, the bites were huge and all over him. His parents got spider traps and trapped a bunch of them, so they had the proof that it was spiders that randomly attacked him.
Well, that's interesting. But i believe that's a rarity. Most people think that the little spider that lives in a angle in your house will sting you for whatever reason, while they absolutely don't. Obviously there's exceptions with dangerous ones like the violin spider, I absolutely would not want to meet one in the wild lol.

UMBRA_MESSENGER108 said:

HS!

I do know Mexicans associated the Constellation Scorpio with spiders and called Milky Way a cosmic spider web, since the tail of Scorpio is the Milky Way, and the Milky Way looks like a spider web when seen from the Hubby Telescope.

Weren't Spiders important in Native American and African Spirituality? Aren't Anansi and Grandmother Spider part of our spirituality?

Sundara said:
UMBRA_MESSENGER108 said:

HS!

aether to physical you say thank you thats something for me to look into and another coincidence lol my spider wave weaving machine

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back