Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

CentralForce should we not take creatine?

Point.

I just read a thread where some people argued about creatine so what exactly are the reasons to not take it?

Creatine is a natural compound. It is found in many natural foods. It is safe.

I've read before that when someone has preexisting kidney problems, supplementing can exacerbate this. We're talking supplementing here. Not getting it in your food. Otherwise it's safe. Buy high quality.

As far as I remember the process of making creatine leaves the final product contaminated with a carcinogenic chemical and at the time I read that, there was only brand in the world that didn't have it. The others say there's not enough for it to be a problem and the cheaper stuff.of course has higher amounts.
It's also really not necessary to supplement. If you eat enough red meat you'll get natural creatine. If you want a pump from lifting try citrulline malate or one of the other options which can be made pure.

You should reply to that one thread instead.
Anyway, creatine has no permanent effects, just "fulfills" your muscles with it, makes them look bigger until you stop taking it. Some say it makes you muscles ache a little or something because they lack water then but I am no expert, never took it

When I asked him by mail years ago he told me it's the worse thing you could use.

Point. said:
I just read a thread where some people argued about creatine so what exactly are the reasons to not take it?

Idk if it is really worth it. Creatine in the body is used for replenishing ATP by way of the Creatine Phosphate pathway. This is the quickest form of ATP replacement possible, therefore it is more suited for strength-training.

Creatine itself is not useful, only Creatine-Monophosphate, as it donates the phosphate to ADP to recreate ATP. Make sure you are buying that, not regular Creatine. Once the phosphate group is donated, the waste product becomes Creatinine, which is filtered by the kidneys. Therefore, if you had more Creatinine, this puts more stress on the kidneys. Given that the kidneys in TCM are the source of energy for the whole body, it may not be a wise move in the long term.

Furthermore, athletes who train consistently already have adapted their Creatine Phosphate pathways to be very efficient. What this means is that supplementation of Creatine-Monophosphate actually produces the most benefit in the untrained, and much less in the trained individuals.

The overview study I looked at generally recommended it is safe, but that is from a Jewified medical system. I couldn't find much from a TCM perspective. Hopefully CentralForce can clarify his position.

Pirate11 said:
You should reply to that one thread instead.
Anyway, creatine has no permanent effects, just "fulfills" your muscles with it, makes them look bigger until you stop taking it. Some say it makes you muscles ache a little or something because they lack water then but I am no expert, never took it

When I used to weight lift I found creatine did make me stronger and pumped up.

Contrary to what you said I was under the impression you bulked up on creatine because it makes your muscles hold more water.

But then as you said I found it not suitable because I lost the size and power as soon as I stopped talking it.

Maybe useful to bulk up for a tournament or something. But for long term gains it won't last.

My opinion is that it's best to train on proper food because your body will make real muscle that will last better that way.

I did use some protein powders for a boost though, but food is best because it's real and natural.

Natural sources > lab/factory made sources

I think this sums it up. Eat well and keep it simple.

Personal Growth said:
When I used to weight lift I found creatine did make me stronger and pumped up.

Contrary to what you said I was under the impression you bulked up on creatine because it makes your muscles hold more water.

But then as you said I found it not suitable because I lost the size and power as soon as I stopped talking it.

Maybe useful to bulk up for a tournament or something. But for long term gains it won't last.

My opinion is that it's best to train on proper food because your body will make real muscle that will last better that way.

I did use some protein powders for a boost though, but food is best because it's real and natural.
Thank you for sharing your experience with creatine.
Proteic powder's quality varies a lot between brands, some are very shit but people buys it because they didn't take the time to do proper research. Usually the more expansive ones are better, but one really needs to read the recipients on the box

Eric13 said:
Creatine is a natural compound. It is found in many natural foods. It is safe.

I've read before that when someone has preexisting kidney problems, supplementing can exacerbate this. We're talking supplementing here. Not getting it in your food. Otherwise it's safe. Buy high quality.
Technically definetly yes. But i wanted to hear why he thinks is the worst thing we could potentially take.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back