Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Question about Franz Bardon's Initiation into Hermetics

So I'm trying to do the first exercise in the book entitled "Thought Control"

Here is the exercise:

"Seat yourself comfortably in a chair or lie down on a sofa or bed. Relax your entire body, close your eyes and observe your train of thought for five minutes, and make an attempt to remember these thoughts. In the beginning you will notice that thoughts which pertain to matters of everyday life, professional or job-related matters, worries etc. will rush in on you. Your position to this flow of thoughts should be that of a silent observer, completely free and independent. This exercise will either be difficult or easy, depending upon your situation and your present state of mind. When difficulties occur, do not lose your train of thought and do not lose sight of yourself, but observe your thoughts attentively. Do not fall asleep during this exercise."

My question is in regards to the part that says:
"and make an attempt to remember these thoughts."

Is he saying to remember the order in which they came plus the content of each thought?

So for example, say I'm doing the exercise and the thoughts start coming to me;

First thought: Eggs
Second thought: Snake
Third thought: My arm is itching
Fourth thought: I feel the wind brushing against my skin
etc etc

and at the end I'm supposed to go through what I thought in the order that it came to me and the content of it and recall it?

Appreciate your help thank you

Hasn't it been advised that some of the exercises in that book are corrupted and dangerous? I would be very cautious, especially considering that the meditations on the JoS are powerful enough for tremendous advancement.

HailVictory88 said:
Hasn't it been advised that some of the exercises in that book are corrupted and dangerous? I would be very cautious, especially considering that the meditations on the JoS are powerful enough for tremendous advancement.

Incorrect. It has been advised that IIH is Franz's only good book and that there are good parts of it.

HP Maxine and guys on JoS HP's seem to have mentioned this in past about ignoring the bullshit in Brradon's works

Here's a disclaimer mentioned in many pages on the Joy of Satan itself:

*Note: Bardon's works are easily available in pdf online. Bardon stole his knowledge from a German Satanist known as "Wilhelm Quintischer." Quintischer's writings are not readily available. New Agers who act as 'holier than thou' neglect to mention this or give credit to where it is due.

HP Mageson: "Bardon was a member of several groups one of them was a small Satanic group that was run by an actual member of a Satanic lodge. The knowledge that Bardon put into Hermetic's was taken from that group. I wrote an article of this its in the archives. "

If anyone can mention the equivalent of the above mentioned 1st exercise in the JoS archives it would be greatly appreciated as well

What he's talking about is the deeper analysis of thoughts which can sometimes occur during meditation where you follow it properly to its logical end instead of worrying or being clouded with negativity. When you clear your mind and take time to relax and think, you will think about your problems properly and how to fix them (which is what I think he is implying here by thoughts and not just random thoughts which is what most would think)

Through that book he outlines a program which he sort of expects the reader to be following as you're reading up to certain parts of the book and treats the reader as though they have. His language here assumes you've been taking all the steps up to now and heeding the rules of it: "you will notice that thoughts which pertain to matters of everyday life, professional or job-related matters, worries...." Which also is due to the condition of men at the time it was written who were usually concerned of those things. If you have nothing on your mind bugging you like a desire, ambition or a problem you want to think over then acquire one I guess and meditate on it lol. When you observe your thoughts on it in a meditative manner the solution will come to you more easily- that's basically what he is saying here "its dependent on your present state of mind". Him saying don't fall asleep during this exercise is like an extra warning to the factory worker into the occult in 1895 reading this because he doesn't want people to lose their jobs Haha. People nowadays usually have all the time in the world and little worries unless they have strong ambitions.

This is the thing. A lot of people do not understand Bardon and his writing style so Maxine got those writings and put them into layman’s terms on the JoS. Layman’s terms are understandable for most if not all people.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back